Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Censorship Outcry Thread

  1. #1

    Censorship Outcry Thread

    Please use this thread to post reaction from around the world on Big Tech's purge of opinions.

    I'll start.

    Germany’s Merkel hits out at Twitter over ‘problematic’ Trump ban
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/germ...trump-ban.html

    LONDON — German Chancellor Angela Merkel blasted Twitter’s decision to ban U.S. President Donald Trump.

    “The right to freedom of opinion is of fundamental importance,” Steffen Seibert, Merkel’s chief spokesman, told reporters in Berlin on Monday, according to Reuters.

    “Given that, the chancellor considers it problematic that the president’s accounts have been permanently suspended.”

    Seibert said that, while Twitter was right to flag Trump’s inaccurate tweets about the 2020 U.S. election, banning his account altogether was a step too far. He added that governments, not private companies, should decide on any limitations to freedom of speech.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Tulsi Gabbard

    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  4. #3

    Australia

    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  5. #4
    There are the times when censorship is heavy handed.
    However, with the vote in the HOUSE looming, being off
    of Twitter like that is not the worst of this for our POTUS.

  6. #5
    The ONLY reason that they are going FULL SCALE with their Censorship Ministry of Truth machine is because they KNOW WE KNOW that the Election has been stolen. This is them hiding the evidence. We are not allowed to discuss the evidence. Ask them and they will lie thru their teeth that their is no evidence.

    Censorship allows them to continue to control the narrative. And they are losing the Information War. We know. We have seen the evidence. However, we may not win in the long run as censorship is but one of most of their weapons. Remember they control the Police, Military, National Guard, and most weapons. The BIG weapons. Your Crane Style Kung Fu is no match for my 80,000 NUCLEAR $#@!ING WARHEADS and this shiny little candy-like button.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The ONLY reason that they are going FULL SCALE with their Censorship Ministry of Truth machine is because they KNOW WE KNOW that the Election has been stolen. This is them hiding the evidence. We are not allowed to discuss the evidence. Ask them and they will lie thru their teeth that their is no evidence.

    Censorship allows them to continue to control the narrative. And they are losing the Information War. We know. We have seen the evidence. However, we may not win in the long run as censorship is but one of most of their weapons. Remember they control the Police, Military, National Guard, and most weapons. The BIG weapons. Your Crane Style Kung Fu is no match for my 80,000 NUCLEAR $#@!ING WARHEADS and this shiny little candy-like button.
    I mean, this is a sound conclusion to draw. I'm not sure how they think people could see it any other way. And what's more, this reaction is going to further undermine any credibility that Biden could hope to have. He'll be sworn in surrounded by armored National Guard troops and socially-distanced onlookers with their faces covered. The history books will have the asterisk by his name. We are witnessing a strange historic moment when one political party captured control of technology to install a candidate of their choosing.

    I wonder if history will blame it on the virus?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The ONLY reason that they are going FULL SCALE with their Censorship Ministry of Truth machine is because they KNOW WE KNOW that the Election has been stolen. This is them hiding the evidence. We are not allowed to discuss the evidence. Ask them and they will lie thru their teeth that their is no evidence.

    Censorship allows them to continue to control the narrative. And they are losing the Information War. We know. We have seen the evidence. However, we may not win in the long run as censorship is but one of most of their weapons. Remember they control the Police, Military, National Guard, and most weapons. The BIG weapons. Your Crane Style Kung Fu is no match for my 80,000 NUCLEAR $#@!ING WARHEADS and this shiny little candy-like button.

    Everybody is going feel victorious and on top of the world once "voting" returns to normal.

    While eyes are that way, The Great Reset is this way.

    The system needs the pitted people to flap both wings.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer

  9. #8


    nice 'stache chinajoe


    hahaha chinajoe, i KILL me!
    chinajoe! a great american traitor! chinajoe is everywherrrer!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!


    why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

    Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Germany’s Merkel hits out at Twitter over ‘problematic’ Trump ban
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/germ...trump-ban.html

    LONDON — German Chancellor Angela Merkel blasted Twitter’s decision to ban U.S. President Donald Trump.

    “The right to freedom of opinion is of fundamental importance,” Steffen Seibert, Merkel’s chief spokesman, told reporters in Berlin on Monday, according to Reuters.

    “Given that, the chancellor considers it problematic that the president’s accounts have been permanently suspended.”

    Seibert said that, while Twitter was right to flag Trump’s inaccurate tweets about the 2020 U.S. election, banning his account altogether was a step too far. He added that governments, not private companies, should decide on any limitations to freedom of speech.
    In other words, Seibert (and by extension, Merkel) doesn't have a problem with what Twitter is doing so much as he has a problem with it being done by someone other than the government. So presumably, it would be less objectionable for the U.S. government to make everyone do exactly the same thing Twitter is doing, rather than for Twitter et al. to do it on their own.

    Whatever one might think about the status of Twitter, et al. as "private" entities, Seibert's sentiment is pretty much the exact opposite of the meaning and intent of the First Amendment ...

    Only Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.


    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I mean, this is a sound conclusion to draw. I'm not sure how they think people could see it any other way. And what's more, this reaction is going to further undermine any credibility that Biden could hope to have. He'll be sworn in surrounded by armored National Guard troops and socially-distanced onlookers with their faces covered. The history books will have the asterisk by his name. We are witnessing a strange historic moment when one political party captured control of technology to install a candidate of their choosing.

    I wonder if history will blame it on the virus?
    Wont be blamed on anything in 100 years + because they intend on writing the USA out of the History Books, permanently. Just like kids believe if its not on youtube it doesnt exist.

    ---

    For the record, and I so want to be absolutely wrong about this, but I think as of Jan 20th, Ron Paul Forums is gonna be taken offline. Could be sooner, could be a little later, but we are THERE. This is THE END. Like I said, I want to be wrong...
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    In other words, Seibert (and by extension, Merkel) doesn't have a problem with what Twitter is doing so much as he has a problem with it being done by someone other than the government. So presumably, it would be less objectionable for the U.S. government to make everyone do exactly the same thing Twitter is doing, rather than for Twitter et al. to do it on their own.

    Whatever one might think about the status of Twitter, et al. as "private" entities, Seibert's sentiment is pretty much the exact opposite of the meaning and intent of the First Amendment ...

    Only Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Europeans... what do you expect?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Please use this thread to post reaction from around the world on Big Tech's purge of opinions.

    I'll start.

    Germany’s Merkel hits out at Twitter over ‘problematic’ Trump ban
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/germ...trump-ban.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    In other words, Seibert (and by extension, Merkel) doesn't have a problem with what Twitter is doing so much as he has a problem with it being done by someone other than the government. So presumably, it would be less objectionable for the U.S. government to make everyone do exactly the same thing Twitter is doing, rather than for Twitter et al. to do it on their own.

    Whatever one might think about the status of Twitter, et al. as "private" entities, Seibert's sentiment is pretty much the exact opposite of the meaning and intent of the First Amendment ...

    Only Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Beat me to it!

    He added that governments, not private companies, should decide on any limitations to freedom of speech.
    A recipe for disaster. I'll add that this makes sense to our global partners that do not have a 1st Amendment. No need for "private" proxies when the Ministry of Truth can be a full government entity, with no pesky 1st Amendment to navigate around.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Europeans... what do you expect?
    Indeed. And given their government-enforced censorship of things like pro-Nazi sentiment and Holocaust denial, it is especially egregious for German government officials to be lecturing others about how "the right to freedom of opinion is of fundamental importance."

    ("Denazification" is coming to country near you ...)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-11-2021 at 09:09 PM.

  16. #14
    Glenn Greenwald:

    Given both Merkel and López Obrador are denouncing the recent Silicon Valley censorship, it's probably time to call them white supremacists or "fash-adjacent" or whatever the lowly left-liberal slur of the day is for those who question the union of tech monopolies & neoliberals.
    https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...48826925019139
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He added that governments, not private companies, should decide on any limitations to freedom of speech.
    A recipe for disaster. I'll add that this makes sense to our global partners that do not have a 1st Amendment. No need for "private" proxies when the Ministry of Truth can be a full government entity, with no pesky 1st Amendment to navigate around.
    This is how they rig the game.

    Heads, the government wing of the Cathedral wins.

    Tails, the corporate media wing of the Cathedral wins.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I mean, this is a sound conclusion to draw. I'm not sure how they think people could see it any other way. And what's more, this reaction is going to further undermine any credibility that Biden could hope to have. He'll be sworn in surrounded by armored National Guard troops and socially-distanced onlookers with their faces covered. The history books will have the asterisk by his name. We are witnessing a strange historic moment when one political party captured control of technology to install a candidate of their choosing.

    I wonder if history will blame it on the virus?
    There won't be an asterisk next to Biden's name as long as Democrats keep writing history.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    The ONLY reason that they are going FULL SCALE with their Censorship Ministry of Truth machine is because they KNOW WE KNOW that the Election has been stolen. This is them hiding the evidence. We are not allowed to discuss the evidence. Ask them and they will lie thru their teeth that their is no evidence.

    Censorship allows them to continue to control the narrative. And they are losing the Information War. We know. We have seen the evidence. However, we may not win in the long run as censorship is but one of most of their weapons. Remember they control the Police, Military, National Guard, and most weapons. The BIG weapons. Your Crane Style Kung Fu is no match for my 80,000 NUCLEAR $#@!ING WARHEADS and this shiny little candy-like button.
    Is it good or bad that we are in this situation? Censoring Alex Jones happened a long time ago. Society thought he is a jerk and doesn't deserve to be listened to. I personally think it is good that this is happening at this exact very moment. 80 million people voted for Trump and this blatant Censoring and hypocrisy has created the only hope to halt or stop the destruction.

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Is it good or bad that we are in this situation? Censoring Alex Jones happened a long time ago. Society thought he is a jerk and doesn't deserve to be listened to. I personally think it is good that this is happening at this exact very moment. 80 million people voted for Trump and this blatant Censoring and hypocrisy has created the only hope to halt or stop the destruction.
    Well, there is some good that comes from this. A word I have not heard in the last few months is Conspiracy Theory. I think some people may have figured out we have been right on a lot of stuff all along.
    1776 > 1984

    The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

    The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

    Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Please use this thread to post reaction from around the world on Big Tech's purge of opinions.

    Are we allowed to post something like this from around America ?

    Trump guts the First Amendment: signs Executive Order suppressing criticism of Israel

    This may be hastily being miscategorized as 'karma', appears to be apples and oranges (private vs gummit).


  23. #20

    Mexico

    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    @CaptUSA what is your take on that speech? I would have liked to listen to the whole thing.
    “The right to life is the source of all rights—and the right to property is their only implementation. Without property rights, no other rights are possible. Since man has to sustain his life by his own effort, the man who has no right to the product of his effort has no means to sustain his life. The man who produces while others dispose of his product, is a slave.”

    An Agorist Primer

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I mean, this is a sound conclusion to draw. I'm not sure how they think people could see it any other way. And what's more, this reaction is going to further undermine any credibility that Biden could hope to have. He'll be sworn in surrounded by armored National Guard troops and socially-distanced onlookers with their faces covered. The history books will have the asterisk by his name. We are witnessing a strange historic moment when one political party captured control of technology to install a candidate of their choosing.

    I wonder if history will blame it on the virus?
    It is interesting to see how this is playing out in my own sphere. My SO, a moderate Democrat who very reluctantly voted for Biden, has had her eyes opened by a lot of what has transpired recently. The heavy-handedness of censorship, the rather obvious staging of the Capitol event, the openly biased and double standard of media reporting between the Capitol protests and the BLM protests, which she supported. Of course she's heard me talk of conspiracies for years but never really bought much into them. Until now. She's even scrolling Gab now. Not because she buys into what's being posted there but because she now fully realizes that there's at least two sides to these stories (with both sides being manipulated), the media is outright lying about things and something is definitely off about all of this. I hope this is a sign that other people are stopping to take a closer look also.

    eta: I do think a repeal of section 230 will spring from all of this and after that all major sites will just ban large swaths of content under the story that they don't want to be sued.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-13-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

  26. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    There won't be an asterisk next to Biden's name as long as Democrats keep writing history.
    Admittedly they placed two next to Trump's ...... *impeached **impeached again

  27. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    @CaptUSA what is your take on that speech? I would have liked to listen to the whole thing.
    What they did was a bad sign. It is a bad omen that private companies decide to silence and censor. It is an attack on freedom. Let's not be creating a world media power with the power to control which speech can be heard. This is a Holy Inquisition to shape public opinion that is really serious. We have to be thinking about options and alternatives. And I am hopeful that this is a turning point. And I agree that this was heavy-handed and arrogant by the owners of these platforms and web hosts. So pretty much nothing I disagree with in his statement.

    Now, this was a Q&A and not a speech, so I'm not sure there was more on this topic.


    There are two freedoms at play here and I don't think we need to favor one over the other. I think we can fully support both. Freedom of speech and freedom of association. I explained in another thread that these are natural rights. Governments can infringe on those, but so can private citizens or companies.

    Ultimately, here's what I think needs to happen: "Service agreements" with these hosts need to be construed as two-way contracts. If the host violates the contract by removing my content without my consent, they need to be held liable in civil court. If they can show that my content violated their rules and that they enforce their rules without regard to political ideology, then they'll win. If I can show that they removed my content on the basis of ideology (unless they have that provision in their contract) then I'd win the tort which would also come with punitive damages. In this case, it could be a class action!

    This would prevent these tech companies from using this heavy-handed, one-sided approach to content management. The contracts or "service agreements" should be time-limited by both parties so if at some point, one or the other decides they don't like the arrangement, they can back out without penalty. It would also encourage competitors and remove barriers to entry. This supports freedom of association and also supports free speech.

    But the point of this thread was that leaders around the world recognize that something VERY wrong is happening here. Many of them will demand greater government control. We know that is not the answer. But it doesn't defeat the premise that there is something VERY wrong with the current construct.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  29. #25
    We need Teddy Roosevelt to break the monopolies up.

    New industry, same problem

  30. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    We need Teddy Roosevelt to break the monopolies up.

    New industry, same problem
    No.

    Class action lawsuits will work just fine. Remove the protections that allowed the monopolies to exist in the first place.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  31. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    eta: I do think a repeal of section 230 will spring from all of this and after that all major sites will just ban large swaths of content under the story that they don't want to be sued.
    Yeah, I don't think 230 needs repealed... Just a civil litigation of 230(c)(2).
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  32. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, I don't think 230 needs repealed... Just a civil litigation of 230(c)(2).
    True, full repeal probably isn't the result since it's rare for Congress to remove anything from Code. They like to fiddle with language instead of removing sections. I was a bit flippant with the term repeal.

    CFR head Haas is "calling for" addressing social media regulation in his recent article here:
    https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...nt-destruction

    He calls for a bunch more things. Since it's coming from the CFR, that means it all will happen. He says that China is about to take over as world power so well worth reading. What the CFR wants is what they get, regardless of who's in Congress or the WH. It's wise during these times of (planned) change to see what the CFR is saying since they are the main string pullers in DC.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-14-2021 at 09:30 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

  33. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    True, full repeal probably isn't the result since it's rare for Congress to remove anything from Code. They like to fiddle with language instead of removing sections. I was a bit flippant with the term repeal.

    CFR head Haas is "calling for" addressing social media regulation in his recent article here:
    https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...nt-destruction

    He calls for a bunch more things. Since it's coming from the CFR, that means it all will happen. He says that China is about to take over as world power so well worth reading. What the CFR wants is what they get, regardless of who's in Congress or the WH. It's wise during these times of (planned) change to see what the CFR is saying since they are the main string pullers in DC.
    230 is funny. Democrats hate it and want it repealed entirely. https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/17/2...ncy-act-revoke

    They think that it allows companies to promote false information. Democrats never liked free speech anyway - they just want to be the ones controlling speech and allowable information.

    Trump had a problem with 230(c)(2) which provided additional protection for companies to remove content that they didn't like as long as they did it in "good faith".

    From my perspective, I'd like to see a class action litigation to determine what constitutes, "good faith". I really think that would solve the problem. It would encourage stronger two-way contracts, foster competition and protect the free speech of participants on these sites without fear of censorship of political viewpoints.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  34. #30
    Is it possible that this Censorship is actually a way to get people that didn't twitter or facebook to register to some new social media platform. Before people could just view information. Having to join some platform or website to get information certainly makes a person known.



Similar Threads

  1. Maker's Mark returns to original recipe after outcry....
    By phill4paul in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM
  2. McCain barbs stirring outcry as distortions
    By Monolithic in forum Other Presidential Candidates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 02:48 AM
  3. Rand Paul urge us to continue our outcry
    By quantized in forum Fox Boycott
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •