Thread: 14th Amendment, Section 3 - Will we find out if it is a useful tool?

14th Amendment, Section 3 - Will we find out if it is a useful tool?

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv

Section 3.
    No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
    Bold emphasis mine.

Newly anointed Representative Cori Bush has submitted language to find out.

The challenge of the wording:
    https://beta.documentcloud.org/docum...rturn-election

...and her interview by Frau Doktor Lacy at the Intercept.
    REP. CORI BUSH ON REPUBLICANS WHO FUELED ATTACK ON CAPITOL: “THAT BLOOD IS ON ALL OF THEIR HANDS”

Bush’s fellow progressive Squad members — Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, Jamaal Bowman, and Mondaire Jones — are among the measure’s 32 current backers. The resolution’s other co-sponsors include Reps. Barbara Lee, Marie Newman, Mark Pocan, Bill Pascrell, and Bobby Rush. Justice Democrats, the group that supported several Squad members in their runs for Congress, backed the measure, as did Brand New Congress, Ady Barkan’s Be A Hero, Mijente, and the Center for Popular Democracy.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They can whammy D.J Trump with this. It looks like he was cool with the idea of them all
    jumping poor Mike Pence and turning things into a Clint Eastwood western flic. If Trump
    ends up ducking a conviction again in an impeachment trial, he can be then hit with this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKITYu7z-AY Maybe this is dirty pool, all told. Maybe.

Events are on the march.... Hawley + Cruz are so close to being expelled from the U.S Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Events are on the march.... Hawley + Cruz are so close to being expelled from the U.S Senate.
    I doubt it. The Dems' Achilles Heel is that they always overplay their hand.

Now that Trump has been acquitted we can probably expect the 14th Amendment to be invoked.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Now that Trump has been acquitted we can probably expect the 14th Amendment to be invoked.
    I sooo hope they do. Please, please, please.....

Is there an executive officer, nominal head of the United States? That would seem to be the President.

Who was President on Jan 6th 2021? Donald J Trump

So, I'm supposed to believe that Trump tried to remove himself from office on Jan 6th?
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.