Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Divest Minitrue #BoycottAmazonTwitterGoogleAppleFacebook

The Tech Empires fight back against falling stock prices...kind of...

After gutting buybacks to conserve cash, American corporations are repurchasing shares again. Corporate officers, on the other hand, are showing a bit less enthusiasm for their employers’ shares.

In the first two weeks of the new year, a total of 1,000 insiders sold their own stock and 128 bought shares, leaving the sell-to-buy ratio poised for the highest monthly reading in data going back to 1988, according to Washington Service. Meanwhile, corporations announced $29 billion of buybacks over the stretch, up 46% from a year earlier, data compiled by Birinyi Associates show.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...loyees-less-so
    So they are using corporate cash to buy their own stock, but at the same time, executives are selling their own shares. How long can that go on?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Old news, but it just illustrates the stock buyback tactic to boost stock prices...

How rich is Apple? Its recent stock buyback is more valuable than 275 companies in the S&P 500

It’s hard to think of a bigger corporate cash-machine on the planet than Apple, which has reported another earth-shaking $100 billion in stock buybacks for its shareholders.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...in-the-sp-500/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The Tech Empires fight back against falling stock prices...kind of...

So they are using corporate cash to buy their own stock, but at the same time, executives are selling their own shares. How long can that go on?
    Hopefully it won't go on for long. Nothing I'd like to see more than to see these tech companies fall.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The Ministry of Truth is a consortium of colluding “private” corporations. Freedom of speech is dead in America. This is not about Trump or protests. This is about shutting down all speech that is not approved by the leftist establishment.

There is one and only one thing that will make a difference. It’s the bottom line. Boycott and divest. Stop buying on Amazon. Don't use Google. Don't use Facebook. Don't use Twitter. Get rid of your Gmail account. Sell all of your shares of Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Twitter. Sell ETFs and mutual funds that hold these companies.

#DivestMinitrue #DivestMinistryOfTruth
    #BoycottAmazon #BoycottApple
    Let me know when a serious effort is made on this forum to make it no longer Twitter / YouTube biased. Such a small step...that hasn't to my knowledge even been attempted yet.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Let me know when a serious effort is made on this forum to make it no longer Twitter / YouTube biased. Such a small step...that hasn't to my knowledge even been attempted yet.
    Just because you don’t know about it being looked at doesn't mean it hasn't been. That would take some effort and money. And it’s not in my control.

Just because you don’t know about it being looked at doesn't mean it hasn't been. That would take some effort and money. And it’s not in my control.
    We have thread after thread talking about the evils of "big tech" on a forum that is still technologically enslaved to "big tech." Every day YouTube and Twitter get promoted here. Every time someone embeds a YouTube video or a Tweet this forum feeds those companies. It wouldn't cost any money and shouldn't take that long to disable the "Twitter" and "Video" tags. (The "Video" tag should be called the "YouTube" tag). If that simple, FREE easy (should be) step were taken so that all platforms were on a level playing field (basically you could just post links to whatever), your call for a boycott would make sense. As it stands, the "boycott" will go nowhere.

What software is used to run the forum? If it's open source I'll volunteer to look into the issue myself. Some other forum software is able to add different video embed formats including Bitchute in a matter of seconds. I've see that done real time.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

How will these companies fight back against stock prices dropping?

They can use that cash to buy back their own stock. Additionally, they can borrow nearly zero interest money to buy back stock.

Then there is cronyism. Institutional investors, especially public employee union funds like CalPers, can buy more stock in these companies. They are already big holders. Politics play just as big a role in these “investments” as actually making money. You never know who makes the decisions. Usually a leftist, sometimes Chinese spies...
    Apple borrowing money to ramp up buyback of stock...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple...154809744.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12