Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: PATRIOTS Have stormed capitol building - Masses Breached Barriers

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    As for your larger question, "What happened to RPF?" After the 2016 election, it forgot that it was a libertarian-leaning site where people believed in small government and no one cared if you were liberal or conservative on most social positions. Now I'm not on nearly as much as I used to be because it's definitely turned into a conservative-only site where everything is about suppressing the libs and dems.
    I will admit I've definitely grown more conservative as I've aged, but I don't see this as a "conservative only site." My internet explorer is still set to the default MSN homepage and I swear I can open the browser and type RPF into the address bar and see the same nonsense posted as threads that I saw published as headlines on the home page. (I know I should probably change it). If there's any suppression of liberals here, someone should tell the liberals.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ivanka deletion of "Patriots" tweet and POTUS tweets below occured same time this chatter escalated:

US trade group asks VP Pence to ‘seriously consider’ invoking 25th Amendment to remove Trump

Top Republican asks Pence to invoke 25th Amendment...
    Jay Timmons, the group’s president and CEO and a former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, pointed to the millions of people in manufacturing jobs who are working to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which brought on an economic recession.
    Last year the group gave an award to Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump for “extraordinary support” of manufacturing in America.

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 06: U.S. Capitol Police stand detain protesters outside of the House Chamber during a joint session of Congress on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. Congress held a joint session today to ratify President-elect Joe Biden's

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    1h
    I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order – respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    2h
    Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...28882595885058

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Wrong.

antifa provocateurs are NOT Patriots.

she was correct in removing it.
    Ok. Liberals were wrong in attacking her after she used the term "patriots" or something else was wrong with that statement?

Trump addressed "everyone" in his above tweet unlike Ivanka's tweet. Trump did not remove "we love you" but unforunately his twitter was suspended soon afterwards, so may not have had chance to delete any of his tweets.

Also going by your argument, then the term "patriots" in this thread title should also be replaced with "antifa" in your view?

Quote:
    "Breaking : PATRIOTS Have stormed capitol building - Masses Breached Barriers"

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I think they'll use it as a pretext to drop the pussyfooting around.
    Good. That's going to happen sooner or later, might as well be now, on our terms.

How much "pussy footing" could be dropped anyway? Look at what they have done to us already. They are, literally, arresting us for having Christmas dinner with family. They have shut houses of worship, banned gatherings...on top of everything else. They arbitrarily and cruelly ruined millions of people financially, and then shove a $600 piece of cake in their collective faces to make up for it.

You're 100% right, but they still find themselves having to justify their actions, and still face some popular opposition here and there.

This, especially in the short run, will do away with all of that theater.
    Now that the Bolsheviks have seized all power in the FedGov, yes...but they were going to do that anyway.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Ivanka deletion of "Patriots" tweet occured same time this chatter escalated:

US trade group asks VP Pence to ‘seriously consider’ invoking 25th Amendment to remove Trump

Top Republican asks Pence to invoke 25th Amendment...
    Jay Timmons, the group’s president and CEO and a former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, pointed to the millions of people in manufacturing jobs who are working to fight the coronavirus pandemic, which brought on an economic recession.
    Last year the group gave an award to Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump for “extraordinary support” of manufacturing in America.
    ^^^^ there's one there, who probably isn't being suppressed enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Mission accomplished.

How to solve a problem, Deep State style.

The Problem:
    Dems lost seats to GOP challengers, riding you-know-who's coattails.
    Half of the country is convinced the presidential election is fraudulent.
    The GOP cannot return to swamp business as usual, without capitulating to MAGA supporters,
    or risk splintering the party.
    How to remove the ghost of Orange Man from politics?

The Solution:
    Introduce crisis actors into a peaceful protest to "storm" the Capitol building, knowing full well the POTUS would put his foot in his mouth.
    Have the media and yipping congressmen yip about how DJT incites domestic terrorism, stifling any of the "reasonable" Trump voters
    (who wants to show support for the most heinous act in the history of American heinousity?), thereby killing any faint whiff of MAGA forever.
    Watch today, as Republicans scramble to distance themselves from him.
    As of 1/6/21, any support of non-RINO or DEM candidates is treason.

Will it work? IDK.
    Yup. This was a blatant false-flag. For exactly this reason. +rep

Who'd have thunk that the House was so easy to breach? 100 armed men could have taken the whole house captive. They couldn't even keep out a few dozen unarmed protestors. Either it was allowed or those that are charged with protecting the "Representatives" are wholly incompetent.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It is simply not possible for a continent-spanning populace of a third of a billion people to be "represented" in any significant and meaningful way.
    It is not...I could not say it better.

That statement trebles in truth when you add to that the fact that the third of a billion people in question, are now, through deliberate treachery designed to end exactly as stated, with a collapse of "liberal democracy" into authoritarianism and absolute despotism, have become so disparate and utterly at odds with each other, the founding vision of the nation and it's history, so as to be, literally, at war with herself.

Separate or Die.
    [^^^ bold emphasis added - OB]

And just to reinforce the point, "liberal democracy" is an oxymoron.

I don't think that there's anything particularly "liberal" (in the good, classical sense) about democracy. Not at all.

In fact, democracy - especially mass democracy - is one of the most fecund seeds of illiberal authoritarianism.

Politicians know this well and exploit it to the fullest. This is precisely why some of America's wisest "Founding Fathers" were so deeply suspicious and skeptical of democracy and only grudgingly acceded to it. Of course, the limitations they attempted to impose upon it have been eroded and destroyed (see the 17th Amendment for an example of this), and the few barriers and limitations to it that remain, such as the electoral college, have fallen into disrepute and seem increasingly likely to be removed altogether. (I've even seen the suggestion that the U.S. Senate should be apportioned by population, just like the U.S. House.)

EDIT: I'll pursue any further discussion of this topic, if any, over in ASoL's new thread, so as to avoid derailing this one.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-07-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Good. That's going to happen sooner or later, might as well be now, on our terms.

How much "pussy footing" could be dropped anyway?
    I think if you scroll through a little history, you'll realize that you know the answer to that question.

I just read a headline on ZeroHedge that Schumer is calling for Trump to be removed from office immediately, and another that claims Flight Attendant Unions are calling to ban "Pro Trump Rioters" from flights. "...the freedom we claim as Americans must disqualify these individuals from the freedom of flight..."

Now that the Bolsheviks have seized all power in the FedGov, yes...but they were going to do that anyway.
    There are drips, and then there are deluges.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Also going by your argument, then the term "patriots" in this thread title should also be replaced with "antifa" in your view?

Quote:
    "Breaking : PATRIOTS Have stormed capitol building - Masses Breached Barriers"

Correct.

and though some, (few of the Massive Crowd) did follow the provocateurs..

The Capitol Police did not stop the Provocateurs from their Photo Shoot.. and staged entry. and that video is Comical.

They shot a Trump Supporter through a window though.

How long do you think those Peaceful Huge Crowds are going to remain peaceful? with continued provocation?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Who'd have thunk that the House was so easy to breach? 100 armed men could have taken the whole house captive. They couldn't even keep out a few dozen unarmed protestors. Either it was allowed or those that are charged with protecting the "Representatives" are wholly incompetent.
    A caller into a local radio show who was in attendance reported that the police removed the barricades from the Capitol Building steps, and also fired rubber bullets and tear gas into the peaceful crowd. She said people were running in confusion.
    Actual insurrectionists would have brought gasoline and matches with them. Just sayin'.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

A caller into a local radio show who was in attendance reported that the police removed the barricades from the Capitol Building steps, and also fired rubber bullets and tear gas into the peaceful crowd. She said people were running in confusion.
    Actual insurrectionists would have brought gasoline and matches with them. Just sayin'.
    The point of Provocation was to turn the Police against the Peaceful (Police supporting) Crowd.

In that, it was effective.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Were the doors to the Capitol even locked?

https://twitter.com/midlifewomanon1/...867738625?s=20
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Mission accomplished.

The Problem:

The Solution:
    There maybe another aspect to problem-solution paradigm, though highly unlikely that any Trump insider people pre-planned or foresaw what is now coming:

Quote:
    Generous amount of money soon will be allocated to boost capitol police, security forces and barricades. Not clear at this point if military gear coming home from Afghanistan, Iraq will be part of DC reinforcement initiatives being discussed in media.

Capitol secured after assault from Trump supporters
    Updated on: January 7, 2021

Thousands of National Guard members head to the Capitol to tamp down pro-Trump insurrection

• The National Guard was mobilized to the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters overran the building during the Electoral College vote count.
    • Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan also said their states would send their National Guards.
    • Trump supporters, who the president addressed earlier in the day, forced lawmakers to evacuate the Capitol and stop the formal count of the 2020 presidential Electoral College votes.

Trump had to be convinced to deploy the National Guard, a person familiar with the matter confirms to NBC News. Pence, who was moved to a secure location within the Capitol, was in contact with the Pentagon and “encouraged a much more rapid deployment,” the person added.

The Pentagon did not immediately respond to CNBC’s request for comment.

Virginia Gov. Northam is sending the National Guard, state troopers to D.C.

9:58 PM New York governor deploying members of New York National Guard to D.C.

Trump doubles down on police militarization

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Well, I found him via Syrian Girl. He is "Jake Angeli" 32yo.

One of the Democrat Senators held up a picture of him.

There are "characters" at every public event. People who dress up crazy looking for attention. You know that when the media features them, they are trying to smear the protest or people related to it.

They did this when Ron Paul did one of his early 2007 speeches in Silicon Valley. The "reporter" took a picture and featured a guy who calls himself "Starchild". Apparently he is a usual at libertarian events in SF. The point being that he was the only "weird" looking person there, and they featured a picture of him. The media can smear any event. There is always a weird looking person or two that can be featured.

Attachment 7939
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    It felt good, seeing the seat of all evil stormed like that, but it was a directionless, impotent mob, and their actions ASSURED Biden's election last night. The last vestiges of opposition in Congress melted away in the wake of the violence. And - FAR WORSE - this will make easy the moves the left already planned on making.
    Unfortunately, that seems to be case. And the final straw in a leftist totalitarian society is at hand. There are no more calls for "defund the police" from the left.

Their rallying cries now are we need more Police, more National Guard, more troops, lockdowns, curfews, turn in your neighbors, shoot all who oppose us...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One of the Democrat Senators held up a picture of him.

There are "characters" at every public event. People who dress up crazy looking for attention. You know that when the media features them, they are trying to smear the protest or people related to it.

They did this when Ron Paul did one of his early 2007 speeches in Silicon Valley. The "reporter" took a picture and featured a guy who calls himself "Starchild". Apparently he is a usual at libertarian events in SF. The point being that he was the only "weird" looking person there, and they featured a picture of him. The media can smear any event. There is always a weird looking person or two that can be featured.

Attachment 7939
    Well, and apparently he's a theater kid.

When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Mission accomplished.

The Problem:
    Dems lost seats to GOP challengers, riding you-know-who's coattails.
    Half of the country is convinced the presidential election is fraudulent.
    The GOP cannot return to swamp business as usual, without capitulating to MAGA supporters,
    or risk splintering the party.
    How to remove the ghost of Orange Man from politics?

The Solution:
    Introduce crisis actors into a peaceful protest to "storm" the Capitol building, knowing full well the POTUS would put his foot in his mouth.
    Have the media and yipping congressmen yip about how DJT incites domestic terrorism, stifling any of the "reasonable" Trump voters
    (who wants to show support for the most heinous act in the history of American heinousity?), thereby killing any faint whiff of MAGA forever.
    Watch today, as Republicans scramble to distance themselves from him.
    As of 1/6/21, any support of non-RINO or DEM candidates is treason.

Will it work? IDK.

Bingo.

If you support Trump...

If you support conservative Republicans...

If you oppose Biden and the Democrats in Congress...

If you want to make it easier to stop the Democrat agenda and easier to take their power away in two years...

Then what happened yesterday did not advance your cause. It set it back.

Ask yourself, "Who benefits?"

It ain't patriots.

Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-07-2021 at 12:39 PM. Reason: dupe

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Oh bull$#@!. Trump is going to retire to Florida and continue to whine on twitter. The democrats will hand out free money for 2-4 years until it gets out of control and the GOP regains power. Then repeat the cycle in 4 years, nothing has changed.
    Pretty sure Trump will be permanently banned from Twitter if it hasn't happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    What's more, the U.S. federal government cannot "represent" them, even if it sincerely wanted to. (It doesn't want to, of course, but even if it did ...)

It is simply not possible for a continent-spanning populace of a third of a billion people to be "represented" in any significant and meaningful way.

At best, democracy on such a scale merely conjures the illusion of "representation" as a facade for the executive plantation that actually runs things.

Over time, it can produce only an increasingly ridiculous farce that is as increasingly obvious as it is increasingly absurd.

And when the farce of democracy can no longer be maintained under the weight of its own absurdity, it is apt to be replaced by something even more illiberal and nakedly authoritarian.
    "Over time, it can produce only an increasingly ridiculous farce that is as increasingly obvious as it is increasingly absurd."

That's gold right there. Can't sum it up any better.

Complicit.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "Over time, it can produce only an increasingly ridiculous farce that is as increasingly obvious as it is increasingly absurd."

That's gold right there. Can't sum it up any better.

At the end of an empire, the law of diminishing returns starts to rear its head in all facets of life. Diminishing returns of fake money requires throwing more and more absurd amounts of fake money to keep the illusion alive. The diminishing returns of propaganda requires more and more absurd amounts of propaganda to keep that illusion alive. The political returns have diminished to the point that a dementia patient is President-elect, following a Hollywood con-man. The same pattern repeats through all facets as the organic societal bases collapse, while struggling harder and harder to maintain the facades. We're seeing Zappa's tables and chairs moving now.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Complicit.
    I've been saying forever that this stuff is planned, scripted and staged (likely part of REX84 script). Practically anything that ends up being spread far and wide by the mass media is a planned, scripted and staged production. But it works to herd the sheep because the sheep think it's real and spontaneous, thus demanding a response that was also planned.
    Last edited by devil21; 01-07-2021 at 09:14 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by QFraud View Post
    "New paradigm" or simply new platforms? Who gives a $%(# what big tech does? Learn to live without them. We moved from Facebook to Parler and our traffic more than doubled.
    Big tech owns the discourse. "Living without them" means being irrelevant. Parler is a tech ghetto. So is Minds, gab, Bitchute and all the other me too tech companies that do exactly what bigger, more successful, Cathedral-approved companies do, but on a smaller scale with a different TOS. People relegated to only those platforms may be able to carve out a niche, but they will never even sniff the realms of power.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

"It's a good thing when a corrupt elite demonstrates its weakness publicly." -- Michael Malice

Woman shot, killed inside U.S. Capitol was Air Force veteran originally from Maryland

Our sister station in San Diego, KMFB, spoke with 35-year-old Ashli Babbit's husband, Aaron, who said videos he’s seen of the woman who was shot is his wife.

Updated: 3:33 PM EST January 7, 2021
    WASHINGTON — A woman was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon inside the U.S. Capitol building as Trump supporters tried to break into the House Chamber.

DC's Mayor Muriel Bowser and DC Police Chief Robert Contee III said that as the rioters tried to gain access to the House Chamber after breaking into the U.S. Capitol building, a plain-clothed US Capitol Police officer fired one shot, striking a woman. She was transported to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

The woman who was shot by Capitol Police is identified as 35-year-old Ashli Babbitt from San Diego, California. Our sister station in San Diego, KMFB, spoke with Babbit's husband, Aaron, who said videos he’s seen of the woman who was shot is his wife, Ashli.

Her husband said Ashli went to D.C. by herself and he was supposed to pick her up from the airport on Friday. He tells KFMB that Ashli served in the U.S. Air Force for 12 years. The two met in D.C. back when Ashli was in the National Guard and lived in the Maryland area.

wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/capitol-lockdown-person-shot-as-trump-supporters-storm-chambers/65-d6f78905-2800-415a-9be8-351b182d4625

Capitol Police have not however shot or detained any of the crew that had Photo Ops all over the place..

Have you seen the video of the Capital Police opening barricades and welcoming the "Storming" in?

Last edited by pcosmar; 01-07-2021 at 06:00 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Just when I think I must have finally seen the peak of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy in politics, a new WTF occurs that tops the rest. Reading comment after comment by Dems on Tweets justifying what appears to be a point blank police execution of an unarmed woman for entering a federal building without permission. Do these people really not see how retarded they truly sound now, after all of the BLM stuff over the summer from the same people about shooting unarmed people that aren't a direct threat??? Good lord what is wrong with people?

Fluoride is a hell of a drug, man.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Just when I think I must have finally seen the peak of cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy in politics, a new WTF occurs that tops the rest. Reading comment after comment by Dems on Tweets justifying what appears to be a point blank police execution of an unarmed woman for entering a federal building without permission. Do these people really not see how retarded they truly sound now, after all of the BLM stuff over the summer from the same people about shooting unarmed people that aren't a direct threat??? Good lord what is wrong with people?

Fluoride is a hell of a drug, man.
    It’s nothing new. Welcome to the jungle.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast