Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January 6th, 2020 Congressional Vote Certifying the Presidential Election - OFFICIAL Thread

Lightbulb January 6th, 2021 Congressional Vote Certifying the Presidential Election - OFFICIAL Thread

Last edited by Matt Collins; 01-06-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Toady's the day
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

A few idiots will make a fuss and hold things up for two hours. Biden won. The end.

Last edited by Matt Collins; 01-06-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    A few idiots will make a fuss and hold things up for two hours. Biden won. The end.
    Is it 2 hours total? Or 2 hours for each state whose electors get objections raised against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Is it 2 hours total? Or 2 hours for each state whose electors get objections raised against them?
    Sadly, I believe the objectors can make separate objections on a state-by-state basis, with 2 hours of debate on each objection. I wouldn't be surprised if these bloviating jerks drag this charade out until the wee hours of the morning.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Sadly, I believe the objectors can make separate objections on a state-by-state basis, with 2 hours of debate on each objection. I wouldn't be surprised if these bloviating jerks drag this charade out until the wee hours of the morning.
    I say let them.

If the Trumpers are handed an opportunity like this and still can't produce solid evidence free of hoaxes and rumors to support the conclusion that any of these states would have gone to Trump if not for fraud, then the debate's over, and they lost. Now's your big shot Trumpers, put up or shut up.

I say let them.

If the Trumpers are handed an opportunity like this and still can't produce solid evidence free of hoaxes and rumors to support the conclusion that any of these states would have gone to Trump if not for fraud, then the debate's over, and they lost. Now's your big shot Trumpers, put up or shut up.
    Just curious, what "evidence" would be enough to meet your demand to "put up"?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I say let them.

You really want this to be about Trump, don't you?

I think y'all have got it backwards. The real 'Trumpers' are the ones who haven't stopped trying to find a way to get him out of office since before he was even sworn in. It has always been about Trump to you.

I've said it once. I've said it twice. I've said it three times. Okay, I've actually lost count, but I will say it again:

Trump is only going to be president for 2 more weeks.

But that conglomeration of media power moguls, that deep state takeover of the USA, those powerful elites who run everything, they will still be here, and Trump was the best shot we've had in ages of discrediting them and ruining them. By "best" shot, I don't mean he was great. I don't even mean he was good. He wasn't even okay. But he came closer than anything we've ever come up with, that's for damn sure.

So what do we do now? The media, like the Fed, has regained its credibility. The leftists have learned that they can outright cheat the system and no one will even lift a finger to stop them. RINO republicans in key positions feign helplessness in the face of all of it. IMO these are far greater threats than a dozen Trumps put together.

But go ahead, keep making it about Trump. It's an incredibly asinine and short-term goal.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-06-2021 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    You really want this to be about Trump, don't you?

I think y'all have got it backwards. The real 'Trumpers' are the ones who haven't stopped trying to find a way to get him out of office since before he was even sworn in. It has always been about Trump to you.
    Not me. I didn't even vote. But I agree that it has always been about Trump for both sides. Not just one. Biden won not because of people positively voting for him, but because there were greater numbers of people with greater zeal who wanted Trump out of office than there were Trumpers who wanted him to win again. The presidential election was a referendum on Trump. It was Trump who drove the high voter turnout on both sides. And in the senatorial elections in Georgia yesterday the same thing happened again.

I say let them.

The process is to provide evidence of fraud so that you can do an investigation and audit to prove that it happened. The states have courts have blocked the investigations, they have been turning down the lawsuits based on procedural issues like standing. I'm not sure if you are one of those people who believe Trump has lost 50+ lawsuits, but that was fake news. The campaign actually only filed about a half dozen, they had a couple of victories and none of the cases did any of the evidence play into anything.

The states have blocked the audits.

What is the Trump campaign supposed to do? They have more than enough evidence that an audit and an investigation needs to take place.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He's probably not controlled opposition in this venture but with this guy leading the "stolen election recovery" team for Trump in Congress today, chances of recovery are less than 1% now (or about same as were of Lin Wood, Giuliani recovey team's win in Courts).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkCifM0kDd0

There could also be Republican driven muzzle put on during MAGA show talk time after what happened in GA yesterday. Republicans are upset over loss of Senate control.

If deep state/zionist lobbies that "stole election" from Trump are powerful enough to do it twice with a GOP President, GOP Governor and GOP election officials in charge in Georgia, why would they let this succeed? It would defy logic.

It was Trump who drove the high voter turnout on both sides.
    No it wasn't. It was the process. They literally let people cast ballots for months. In some states, they sent ballots to you so you could fill out and send back. Social media hounded people incessantly to go vote. The gave you badges to share with your "friends" so that you could get more "likes".

Even without the increased opportunity for fraud, the process this year was totally unprecedented. That's where your turnout came from. Most people couldn't care less about policy differences or personality cults.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Biden won not because of people positively voting for him, but because there were greater numbers of people with greater zeal who wanted Trump out of office than there were Trumpers who wanted him to win again.
    Only in certain counties. In certain swing states.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    No it wasn't. It was the process. They literally let people cast ballots for months. In some states, they sent ballots to you so you could fill out and send back. Social media hounded people incessantly to go vote. The gave you badges to share with your "friends" so that you could get more "likes".

Even without the increased opportunity for fraud, the process this year was totally unprecedented. That's where your turnout came from. Most people couldn't care less about policy differences or personality cults.
    Oh, and fear! Fear is a powerful motivator. Fear of Covid. Fear of racial strife. All these things played a MUCH larger role in the turnout than Trump.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What is the Trump campaign supposed to do? They have more than enough evidence that an audit and an investigation needs to take place.
    If they have managed to convince anyone in Congress that this is the case, then now's the perfect chance to make that evidence public.

Set aside all the videos showing people filling out multiple ballots that turn out to be hoaxes. Set aside all the fake news pictures of lists of names of people who were born in the 1800's or dead people on voter roles, that turn out to be hoaxes. Set aside all the unsourced rumors about the military seizing hard drives in Germany that turn out to be hoaxes. Set aside all the emotion driven dogmas about how there's just no way that many people came out to vote for someone who can't fill stadiums like Trump. Set aside the claims that more votes were cast in this or that place than there were registered voters, that end up being based on wrong sets of numbers. Set aside all the silly Q theories about how Trump was a genius who had secret water marks on all the ballots so that he could catch the fraudsters any minute now. All the things that the Trumpers have been mindlessly retweeting for the past couple months without bothering to evaluate critically before doing so, which in their minds were all supposed to be the silver bullets that proved fraud. And if there's really something better than all that (which if so, it makes you wonder why the Trumpers kept relying on all that other nonsense), something that representatives and senators will be able to present to Congress before the eyes of the nation without making utter fools of themselves, then speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-06-2021 at 02:12 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they have managed to convince anyone in Congress that this is the case, then now's the perfect chance to make that evidence public.

Set aside all the videos showing people filling out multiple ballots that turn out to be hoaxes. Set aside all the fake news pictures of lists of names of people who were born in the 1800's or dead people on voter roles, that turn out to be hoaxes. Set aside all the unsourced rumors about the military seizing hard drives in Germany that turn out to be hoaxes. Set aside all the emotion driven dogmas about how there's just no way that many people came out to vote for someone who can't fill stadiums like Trump. Set aside all the silly Q theories about how Trump was a genius who had secret water marks on all the ballots so that he could catch the fraudsters any minute now. All the things that the Trumpers have been mindlessly retweeting for the past couple months without bothering to evaluate critically before doing so, which in their minds were all supposed to be the silver bullets that proved fraud. And if there's really something better than all that (which if so, it makes you wonder why the Trumpers kept relying on all that other nonsense), something that representatives and senators will be able to present to Congress before the eyes of the nation without making utter fools of themselves, then speak now or forever hold your peace.

Somehow I think that regardless of whatever the evidence is, you would not be willing to acknowledge it.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Only in certain counties. In certain swing states.
    That's not true. It's natural that turnout would be high in swing states where people feel motivated by the chance to make a difference. But in 2020 it was high across the nation. And it was especially high in blue states, where they were guaranteed to go Biden all along.

Somehow I think that regardless of whatever the evidence is, you would not be willing to acknowledge it.
    Those do not sound like the words of someone who's confident that a good case can be made for their position.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    ...times a thousand.

Followed by 2 years of demonizing all the things the guys with the power are doing.

Followed by 2 years of candidate x, y, and z as silver bullets to fix America, so make sure you drive to your local polling place at the specified time and watch tons of tv, and social media so you don't fall for the propaganda like all those silly sheep.

Sound familiar?

You are a sheep. Embrace it. The voices telling you to be a wolf and berate the sheep prevent you from hearing the voice of the shepherd.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Those do not sound like the words of someone who's confident that a good case can be made for their position.
    Hmm. And your words do not sound like someone who has a healthy skepticism of the deep state. You're not alone here, BTW. There are a great number of people on RPF who have ruined this place either willfully or ignorantly defending TPTB, and I probably have more than half of the frequent RPF posters on my ignore list.

Why wouldn't TPTB cheat?

I mean, They have incited riots. They have ran a 4-year non-stop 25-hour/day 8-days/week media blitzkrieg against Trump, likely because they prefer a senile puppet for a president. They have ruined careers and livelihoods in their crusade for 'wokeness'. They have promised ponies and unicorns in exchange for votes. They have released thugs back out onto the streets while vilifying people well within their rights to protect themselves and their property.

Nah, I'm a fool, there was no election fraud. Most honest election ever.

This place has essentially become divided between:

People who want to expose the deep state, even if it might make Trump look good,

and

People who don't want to expose the deep state, because it might make Trump look good.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-06-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Hmm. And your words do not sound like someone who has a healthy skepticism of the deep state.

Why wouldn't TPTB cheat?

I mean, They have incited riots. They have ran a 4-year non-stop 25-hour/day 8-days/week media blitzkrieg against Trump, likely because they prefer a senile puppet for a president. They have ruined careers and livelihoods in their crusade for 'wokeness'. They have promised ponies and unicorns in exchange for votes. They have released thugs back out onto the streets while vilifying people well within their rights to protect themselves and their property.

I don't like anything about Trump, but even I can agree with everything you said here.

To me, Trump was a horrible president. A despicable con man. But regardless of my opinion about him, it's obvious that the election system was rigged against him this year.

Hmm. And your words do not sound like someone who has a healthy skepticism of the deep state. You're not alone here, BTW. There are a great number of people on RPF who have ruined this place either willfully or ignorantly defending TPTB, and I probably have more than half of the frequent RPF posters on my ignore list.

Why wouldn't TPTB cheat?

I do not defend the powers that be. I do not think they're above cheating. I do not think there was no election fraud. Nor have I said anything that implied any of those things.

The most important way the elites affect election outcomes is through influencing popular opinions via the media. Their main tool in 2020 was propaganda, just like it was in every previous election. Not a vast conspiracy to switch Trump votes to Biden votes, or inject massive numbers of fake Biden votes at a time, or lose massive numbers of Trump votes at a time. If those things happened, it will be provable. Where fraud occurred it was on the individual level and uncatchable, and happened on both sides.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 01-06-2021 at 12:04 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    congress critters are filing in.

I do not defend the powers that be. I do not think they're above cheating. I do not think there was no election fraud. Nor have I said anything that implied any of those things.
    You just want someone to present you evidence without you actually looking for it, and then when they do, you rationalize it away. You actually, sound like you don't really want to believe that they cheated, so why should anyone waste time trying to appease your 'supposed' suspicion?
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 01-06-2021 at 12:06 PM.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

The 2020 election was entirely unconstitutional. I look forward to Congress cementing for the masses that the Constitution is meaningless and ought to be discarded.

Due to Covid rules, congress can't object? Did I hear that correctly?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You just want someone to present you evidence without you actually looking for it, and then when they do, you rationalize it away.
    Please find the quote of me doing that.

Objection for Arizona raised (claps from the gallery)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast