Thread: Is marijuana legalization inevitable in the US?

Question Is marijuana legalization inevitable in the US?

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Should never have been made "illegal" in the first place.
    There is no spoon.

I would hope to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    and that too.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Legalize = Taxed

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Legalize = Taxed
    At 37% currently,Locally.

and the Competition of Growers Producers and Retailers. Product availability (with selection) and a fair price.

I buy $20 ounce shake. $10 Concentrate..Good Bud at $10-15 for Eights.. after the "Don't Phuck with me Tax".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    At 37% currently,Locally.

and the Competition of Growers Producers and Retailers. Product availability (with selection) and a fair price.

I buy $20 ounce shake. $10 Concentrate..Good Bud at $10-15 for Eights.. after the "Don't Phuck with me Tax".

I haven’t checked but I wonder if the Injun Reservations have it available, they are exempt from state tax.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I haven’t checked but I wonder if the Injun Reservations have it available, they are exempt from state tax.
    had not checked..

There are 6 or 7 stores in the area.. I have a favorite. Keeps stock of good quality but budget priced,, for folk like me.. and also Gourmet Choices.

2 States I have seen, have done it differently.. taxes included..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The real questions:

1. Why was one of the most useful plants on the planet (food, fiber, fuel and medicine) made illegal when it had been used for thousands of years?

2. If the prohibition of alcohol required an amendment to the Constitution, why didn't the prohibition of HEMP require a similar amendment?

3. Why was the attorney general of the US allowed to state that "There is no medical use for marijuana" when the US Gov DHHS has a patent on the use of the main ingredient since 2003? SEARCH US PATENT 6630507

4. How did Americans allow this to happen?

5. What other things have Americans been lied to about?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    The real questions:

1. Why was one of the most useful plants on the planet (food, fiber, fuel and medicine) made illegal when it had been used for thousands of years?

2. If the prohibition of alcohol required an amendment to the Constitution, why didn't the prohibition of HEMP require a similar amendment?

3. Why was the attorney general of the US allowed to state that "There is no medical use for marijuana" when the US Gov DHHS has a patent on the use of the main ingredient since 2003? SEARCH US PATENT 6630507

4. How did Americans allow this to happen?

5. What other things have Americans been lied to about?
    Hemp was made illegal because it was so useful. Big Steel & Cotton couldn't handle the competition, so they got .gov to make it illegal- calling it a drug- which it is not & then lining it up with it's sister plant, marijuana (& calling that by it's Mexican nickname to make it sound scary evil) so that everyone would applaud & not question. Sorta like masks in the modern world.

As for #5- I'd say.....everything.
    There is no spoon.

Pretty much this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

It is but an herb... needs to be de-scheduled.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”

The plant is a Gift from God.. Prohibition was a Great Evil..

Reversing that should be a goal.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

“And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.”

The plant is a Gift from God.. Prohibition was a Great Evil..

Reversing that should be a goal.
    Yep.

The indigenous peoples on the planet thought of hemp as a direct gift from God.
    There is no spoon.

Yep.

The indigenous peoples on the planet thought of hemp as a direct gift from God.
    We still do.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

We still do.
    Yep.

There is no spoon.