Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Congressman-elect dies of Covid; GOP Leader Who Was Hospitalized Blames Trump’s Maskless Bash

Post Congressman-elect dies of Covid; GOP Leader Who Was Hospitalized Blames Trump’s Maskless Bash

Suddenly multiple covid/masks related headlines involving lawmakers, could bring back similar claims from 'Safety First' GOP/Dem leaders as had emerged after death of GOP leader Herman Cain allegedly due to covid days after attending 'maskless Trump rally' few months back.
    Source is MSM but reporting appears to be factual:

Louisiana congressman-elect dies of Covid

Luke Letlow was to have been sworn in Sunday.

Louisiana Republican Luke Letlow won his seat in a runoff election Dec. 5. | AP Photo/Melinda Deslatte
    By MELANIE ZANONA
    12/29/2020 09:51 PM EST

Rep.-elect Luke Letlow (R-La.) has died from the coronavirus, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday evening. He was 41.
    Letlow, who announced on Dec. 18 that he tested positive for Covid-19, had been in the intensive care unit at Ochsner LSU Health in Shreveport.

"The family appreciates the numerous prayers and support over the past days but asks for privacy during this difficult and unexpected time," the family said in a statement that was first reported by the Monroe News-Star. "A statement from the family along with funeral arrangements will be announced at a later time."

Letlow, who served as chief of staff to former Rep. Ralph Abraham (R-La.) before being elected to fill that seat, was supposed to be sworn into Congress on Sunday. He is the first member or member-elect to die from the coronavirus, though dozens of lawmakers have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past year.
    Letlow leaves behind a wife and two small children. He was initially admitted to a Monroe hospital on Dec. 19, but was transferred and placed in the ICU last week when his condition deteriorated.
    Lawmakers and aides on Capitol Hill said they were devastated to learn of Letlow’s passing. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said in a brief statement that “our hearts break tonight as we process the news.”
    The entire Louisiana delegation, led by House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, issued a joint statement offering their condolences.
    politico.com/news/2020/12/29/luke-letlow-covid-congress-452218

Massachusetts GOP Leader Who Was Hospitalized With COVID Blames Trump’s Maskless Hanukkah Bash

‘PAYING THE PRICE’

Jamie Ross
    Published Dec. 29, 2020

@USHI_TEITEL via Reuters

A Massachusetts Republican Party leader has voiced his regret about attending a maskless White House Hanukkah party this month, which he now blames for his hospitalization with severe COVID-19. Tom Mountain, the vice chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee, was rushed to a hospital three days after the Dec. 9 event, where most attendees shunned masks. “When I went down to Washington, D.C. for the White House Hanukkah event, I was perfectly fine,” the 60-year-old told WJAR. “And three days later after that event, I was in the hospital… ready to be put on a lifesaving ventilator.” Mountain told the local network that he felt “politically and morally obligated to go” to the event, but is now filled with regret. Mountain told the Boston Globe: “I didn’t listen to the warnings of my own family, and now I’m paying the price.” He’s now recovering at home after being hospitalized twice.

thedailybeast.com/tom-mountain-massachusetts-gop-leader-who-got-covid-blames-trumps-maskless-hanukkah-bash

Related

Herman Cain Dead Days After Attending Trump Rally

Ben Carson thanks Trump for ‘saving my life’ amid COVID-19 battle
    nypost.com/2020/11/21/ben-carson-says-hes-out-of-the-woods-after-battling-covid-19/

Trump Surgeon General's 4 W's: Wear mask, Wash hands, Watch distance, Wait on gatherings

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The guy was only 41 years old...

...probably a terrible human being, given that he was a politician, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    The guy was only 41 years old...

...probably a terrible human being, given that he was a politician, but still.
    That's a terrible thing to say without knowing the guy who had not yet served a single day in office.
    That comment condemns all those who intend to serve by going into public service.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Suddenly multiple covid/masks related headlines involving lawmakers, could bring back similar claims from 'Safety First' GOP/Dem leaders as had emerged after death of GOP leader Herman Cain allegedly due to covid days after attending 'maskless Trump rally' few months back.

Louisiana Republican Luke Letlow won his seat in a runoff election Dec. 5. | AP Photo/Melinda Deslatte
    By MELANIE ZANONA

Rep.-elect Luke Letlow (R-La.) has died from the coronavirus, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday evening. He was 41.
    Letlow, who announced on Dec. 18 that he tested positive for Covid-19, had been in the intensive care unit at Ochsner LSU Health in Shreveport.

"The family appreciates the numerous prayers and support over the past days but asks for privacy during this difficult and unexpected time," the family said in a statement that was first reported by the Monroe News-Star. "A statement from the family along with funeral arrangements will be announced at a later time."

Letlow, who served as chief of staff to former Rep. Ralph Abraham (R-La.) before being elected to fill that seat, was supposed to be sworn into Congress on Sunday. He is the first member or member-elect to die from the coronavirus, though dozens of lawmakers have tested positive for Covid-19 over the past year.
    Letlow leaves behind a wife and two small children. He was initially admitted to a Monroe hospital on Dec. 19, but was transferred and placed in the ICU last week when his condition deteriorated.
    Lawmakers and aides on Capitol Hill said they were devastated to learn of Letlow’s passing. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said in a brief statement that “our hearts break tonight as we process the news.”
    The entire Louisiana delegation, led by House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, issued a joint statement offering their condolences.

Massachusetts GOP Leader Who Was Hospitalized With COVID Blames Trump’s Maskless Hanukkah Bash

‘PAYING THE PRICE’

Jamie Ross
    Published Dec. 29, 2020

@USHI_TEITEL via Reuters

A Massachusetts Republican Party leader has voiced his regret about attending a maskless White House Hanukkah party this month, which he now blames for his hospitalization with severe COVID-19. Tom Mountain, the vice chairman of the Massachusetts Republican State Committee, was rushed to a hospital three days after the Dec. 9 event, where most attendees shunned masks. “When I went down to Washington, D.C. for the White House Hanukkah event, I was perfectly fine,” the 60-year-old told WJAR. “And three days later after that event, I was in the hospital… ready to be put on a lifesaving ventilator.” Mountain told the local network that he felt “politically and morally obligated to go” to the event, but is now filled with regret. Mountain told the Boston Globe: “I didn’t listen to the warnings of my own family, and now I’m paying the price.” He’s now recovering at home after being hospitalized twice.

thedailybeast.com/tom-mountain-massachusetts-gop-leader-who-got-covid-blames-trumps-maskless-hanukkah-bash

Related

nypost.com/2020/11/21/ben-carson-says-hes-out-of-the-woods-after-battling-covid-19/

Trump Surgeon General's 4 W's: Wear mask, Wash hands, Watch distance, Wait on gatherings

HUH?

Covid19?

Really?

When was covid19 ISOLATED?

If it hasn't being isolated WHERE did they get the fragments to create the tests?

I suspect that the Hospital wanted to collect $39,000.00 and ARBITRARILY connected him to a ventilator.

Sad.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post

Covid19?

Really?

If it hasn't being isolated WHERE did they get the fragments to create the tests?

I suspect that the Hospital wanted to collect $39,000.00 and ARBITRARILY connected him to a ventilator.

Sad.
    Assuming you're expert on covid science, I'm not and just taking media report on face value.

As for your comment about finacially motivated ventilators misuse, no reported evidence in this case but have seen some reports like below in the past:

Israeli said to con NY State out of $69m on promise to supply ventilators after tweeting Trump, none delivered

Yaron Oren-Pines, a Silicon Valley electrical engineer with no medical experience, tweeted in reply to US President Donald Trump that “we can ...

Tycoon was given $69MILLION to make coronavirus ventilators after tweeting Donald Trump hasn’t delivered a single one

Christy Cooney
    Apr 30 2020

HUH?

Covid19?

Really?

You're a bit behind the news. Covid-19 was isolated in January of this year, and the peer-reviewed paper, published in June, was in Emerging Infectious Diseases, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 from Patient with Coronavirus Disease, United States

The etiologic agent of an outbreak of pneumonia in Wuhan, China, was identified as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 in January 2020. A patient in the United States was given a diagnosis of infection with this virus by the state of Washington and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on January 20, 2020. We isolated virus from nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal specimens from this patient and characterized the viral sequence, replication properties, and cell culture tropism. We found that the virus replicates to high titer in Vero-CCL81 cells and Vero E6 cells in the absence of trypsin. We also deposited the virus into 2 virus repositories, making it broadly available to the public health and research communities. We hope that open access to this reagent will expedite development of medical countermeasures.
    The virus was again isolated in February, this time in South Korea; the peer-reviewed paper is here.
    SARS-CoV-2 was isolated from putative patients with unexplained pneumonia and intermittent coughing and fever. The isolated virus was named BetaCoV/Korea/KCDC03/2020.

The thread title is misleading because it implies that the "maskless bash" was blamed for the congressman-elect getting COVID when it's actually two separate stories.

Anyway there's got to be better ways to protest government overreach than not wearing masks and spreading COVID.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post

Anyway there's got to be better ways to protest government overreach than not wearing masks and spreading COVID.
    No means no. Name a better way to protest, or will you give your approval for the rest of us after the mandatory needling starts? I have not put one on yet and have gone through great lengths to do so. I am not sick and won’t be treated as such. Once again, name a better way to protest other than saying NO. I am not offended by your statement, but it lacks any ties to a message of individual liberty.

The science is not settled at all. You are free to be afraid of getting sick. Please let let me be free to live without that fear. Can you dig it?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Heart attack.
    Louisiana Congressman-elect Luke Letlow dies with COVID-19

LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor G.E. Ghali said Letlow died from a heart attack following a procedure related to the infection.

"It's devastating to our entire team," Ghali said.

"He had no underlying conditions," Ghali said. "It was just COVID."
    So the LSU Chancellor is a medical examiner now. The hypercoagulablity and inflammatory response produce by a SARS-CoV-2 infection is well documented. Based on historical health statistics, the average person in the Congressman's age group would have about a 1 in 4 change of one or more atherosclerotic lesions in the heart. Flip a coin twice and come up with the same result and you have a precondition that the disease can act upon. Who knows whether the family will have a full autopsy done. Sympathies to the wife and children.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Before I answer this question, could you please say what you mean when you refer to isolating a virus?

Are you under the impression that wearing masks somehow results in fewer people getting COVID?

COVID will continue to spread through the population until a high enough percentage of people have immunity to it to achieve herd immunity. It's debatable what that percent actually is. But it's not debatable that mask wearing does nothing to change that number. Even its proponents (at least those who have any level of scientific awareness about it) don't claim it does that. If mask wearing does impede the spread of the virus from one person to another, all that would accomplish on the macro-level is slowing down the process of spreading it through the population to the point of herd immunity, and thus prolonging the process and the economic costs of all these destructive social distancing measures that people are having to deal with.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 12-30-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Heart attack.

So the LSU Chancellor is a medical examiner now. The hypercoagulablity and inflammatory response produce by a SARS-CoV-2 infection is well documented. Based on historical health statistics, the average person in the Congressman's age group would have about a 1 in 4 change of one or more atherosclerotic lesions in the heart. Flip a coin twice and come up with the same result and you have a precondition that the disease can act upon. Who knows whether the family will have a full autopsy done. Sympathies to the wife and children.

XNN
    He had a $#@!ing heart attack. He had a genetic predisposition and the hospital is collecting the Covid cash just because they can.

It extremely depressing to see this level of gullibility on RFP. There is no ‘Covid’, it’s the goddamn flu. This whole scenario was stolen from a 1980s Dean Koontz novel.

Another instance of someone dying from something completely different from coronavirus but still gets labeled as a coronavirus death.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

uhhh.... any chance we can run a liberty-leaning republican for this seat?
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    uhhh.... any chance we can run a liberty-leaning republican for this seat?

Great thought.

Is @torchbearer still around? He might have some ideas.

Bull$hit.

He died of a preexisting condition plus medical Malpractice,, or he was straight up Murdered.

No one dies of a Cold.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thread title is misleading because it implies that the "maskless bash" was blamed for the congressman-elect getting COVID when it's actually two separate stories.

The purpose of every post by E_D is to mention Israel or Jewish interests, and tie them to Trump. Thus the point of the OP was to mention the “White House Hanukkah party”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Heart attack.

XNN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenard Butler View Post
    He had a $#@!ing heart attack. He had a genetic predisposition and the hospital is collecting the Covid cash just because they can.

It extremely depressing to see this level of gullibility on RFP. There is no ‘Covid’, it’s the goddamn flu. This whole scenario was stolen from a 1980s Dean Koontz novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Another instance of someone dying from something completely different from coronavirus but still gets labeled as a coronavirus death.
    Hard to say what really killed him (other than heart failure), but labeling it as COVID certainly satisfies financial and propaganda incentives.

They are saying heart attack, but he was undergoing an “operation”. People die everyday from reactions and complications to medical procedures (and from medical malpractice), with heart failure being a common complication.

I attended a wake a couple of months ago for someone in their 20s who died while getting his wisdom teeth removed. I knew another guy many years ago who died in his early 30s while getting a vasectomy. It is an everyday occurrence. There’s a reason they have you sign paperwork before every procedure acknowledging that it may kill you.

Bottom line is they are using COVID as an excuse.

LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor G.E. Ghali confirmed Letlow underwent an operation related to the virus and later went into cardiac arrest.

“It’s devastating to our entire team,” Ghali told the paper, adding that he “had no underlying conditions.”
    https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/congre...ing-operation/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 12-30-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

OF covid, or WITH covid?

Each "covid" case rakes in MORE Federal Tax Payer Dollars. What a racket.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The purpose of every post by E_D is to mention Israel or Jewish interests, and tie them to Trump. Thus the point of the OP was to mention the “White House Hanukkah party”.
    I'm critical of Israel & Zionist interests too but its not the only issue.

Masks have been proved to be medically useless in preventing the spread of infectious respiratory diseases, including COVID-Sars 19.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    All while using baffling and obscurity inducing acronyms.

So now we get the truth, as usual, a day late and dollar short:

LSU Health Shreveport Chancellor G.E. Ghali said Letlow died from a heart attack following a procedure related to the infection.

"It's devastating to our entire team," Ghali said.

"He had no underlying conditions," Ghali said. "It was just COVID."
    He being operated on and had a heart attack on the table.

+rep for the update.

By MELANIE ZANONA

‘PAYING THE PRICE’

Jamie Ross
    Published Dec. 29, 2020

@USHI_TEITEL via Reuters

Related

Pure unadulterated b u l l s h i t.

They haven't isolated the covid19 virus so WHERE did they get the viral fragments for the PCR tests !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am 70 years old, I was at the Macon Ga rally , unmasked , I definitely did not practice social distancing .

As a matter of fact I met a young lady named Loosey , we exchanged body fluids , and I feel stronger than ever.

So stop jiving..
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Was going to post this too.

He was in critical condition but had recently shown signs of improvement when he "apparently suffered a cardiac event this evening that was refractory to all resuscitation efforts," said Dr. G.E. Ghali, of LSU Health Shreveport.

Ghali previously said Letlow was being treated with the antiviral drug Remdesivir and steroids. Asked if Letlow had any underlying conditions that would have made his death more likely, Ghali said in a text message, "none. All COVID related."
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    All while using baffling and obscurity inducing acronyms.
    Unique identifiers (or obscure acronyms) can be tracked across the internet. Just like the infamous Facebook Click Tracker Ids that are often embedded in Facebook URLs (which people then re-post or forward all over the place).

Assuming you're expert on covid science, I'm not and just taking media report on face value.

As for your comment about finacially motivated ventilators misuse, no reported evidence in this case but have seen some reports like below in the past:

Fact check: Hospitals get paid more if patients listed as COVID-19, on ventilators

Michelle RogersUSA TODAY Network

Once a patient is placed on a ventilator he is a goner.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

Fact check: Hospitals get paid more if patients listed as COVID-19, on ventilators

Michelle RogersUSA TODAY Network

Once a patient is placed on a ventilator he is a goner.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Was going to post this too.
    Ah, useless Remdesivir and a useful steroid, both with a variety of known adverse reactions and side effects.

Remdesivir can cause increased blood sugar and decreased potassium (hypokalemia). Low potassium can cause heart failure. Hopefully they would have been monitoring that.

Most common adverse events in patients receiving these respective regimens were nausea (10 or 9%), diarrhea (6 or 5%), hypokalemia (5 or7%)
    Steroid adverse effects (Also includes low potassium):

https://www.medicinenet.com/side_eff...ne/article.htm

Two significant political stories were merged into one thread; hence, semicolon separarting the two stories instead of comma in thread title.

In retrospect, there is some redudancy here and this thread could have been merged with "Vice President Mike Pence, Second Lady Karen Pence receive Covid-19 vaccine"; political aspects of these stories are main topic here and not medicinal/scientific for which there is dedicated section on this forum (granted there is natural overlap).

Pure unadulterated b u l l s h i t.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Bull$hit.

Question, there is focus on "bulls$$#@!" only, are you able to identify who all are the "bulls$itters" behind what is taking place?

Can we name some names here to cut through the gullibility clould and simplify the situation for the less sophisticated folks among us?

( Generorous spirit behind old adages like 'love the criminal but hate the crime' is something we should all try to embrace but this question about identifying players is just to clearup confusion and not necessarily to hold them accountable).

Quote:
    Most likely RPI folks see following campaign part of same media campaign, can't blame most of public for accepting such claims as are being propagataed by MSM and top leaders of both political parties including straight shooting Biblical America-First leaders like VP Pence, POTUS Trump, FLOTUS.
    After media reported 'new strain', MAGA Surgeon General just upgraded Trump administration's 3W directives to 4Ws:

Vice President Mike Pence, Second Lady Karen Pence receive Covid-19 vaccine

Trump tweets: Wearing Masks Patriotic

BlackRock Authored the Bailout Plan Before There Was a Crisis

But this administartion does not seem to follow itself what it preaches to public, it's remarkable double standard.

If GOP lost Senate race in Georgia, in part it could be traced back to increasingly obvious rivarly between GA's GOP governor Kemp and Trump that started after Trump knee-capped Kemp publicly for allowing businesses to reopen too soon in violation of stringemt CDC lockdown guidelines few momths back.
    GOP MAGA wing aka simplistic wing) appears to be unaware of such minute details and resulting dynamics.

$4Trillion worth wrecking of economy and millions of livelihoods is not borne out of thin air, people did what they were told to do. Be interesting to see if any remaining hardcore MAGA believers view this campaign part of of broader 'Got Played Again' phenomenon or something different.

Just heard a Foxnews host saluting MAGA leader Trump for keeping America safe during his term and for defeating ISIS. Technically he's right, Trump did defend against threats like ISIS after he won election by painting Obama as 'Founding Father of ISIS'.

[QUOTE=Peace Piper;6988582]All of the above pales in comparison to this, funny (not really) how it has been ignored

"China manufactured the virus and let it out and they DELIBERATELY SPREAD IT AROUND THE WORLD" -Rudy Giuliani

This is Trump's personal lawyer?
    [QUOTE]

I digressed in to political tangents but this is politics section.

If this was deflection/fakenews from Giuliani to trick people...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    .. what does it say about Trump appointing this guy to lead the effort to recover "stolen election".

Prez Trump says covid vaccine is "truly a Christmas Miracle"

Powerful pro-vax Christmas message from America-First POTUS and FLOTUS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-IpQCoS1YA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    $#@! Vaccines
    That's a strong statement that could not only severely undermine credibility of America-First MAGA movement/GOP Christian base's Biblical leaders but also shine very unflattering light on the gullibility of its supporters who were still recovering from 'got played by Bush-Cheney' fiasco vizavee fake yellow cake.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast