Thread: Why Trump should pardon Russ Ulbricht of the Silk Road

Lightbulb Why Trump should pardon Russ Ulbricht of the Silk Road

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish he would. Ulbricht, Assange, Manning, Snowden all deserve pardons.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Because fedgov has no authority to criminalize drug use

Secondly, Russ was railroaded by a system which is corrupt to its core.

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Should have.

Didn't

And never will.

Same for Assange and many Jan sixers.

Crypto & a lot of creeps selling darkness

Jail it is

Criminal “libertarians “ crack me up

You know who else will never pardon Russ Ulbricht?

DeSantis.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I listen to the book American Kingpin on Audible a couple of years ago. I wanted Ross to get away with it, but what I want doesn't matter.

He did indeed order hits on people, but he was dealing with undercover federal agents. One of those agents eventually went to prison for sealing bitcoins.

At the most Ross Ulbricht should have received twenty years in prison, but it isn't about justice it is about revenge. They try to make the feds in this book look like heroes, but anyone with average intelligence can see how the feds dropped the ball multiple times. It shouldn't have taken so long to catch the guy. Things like law enforcement going to the wrong address.

If my memory serves me right they caught the guy because they went to a forum where Ross created a username to advertise his website. Ross used his personal email to create his user account. This was after the feds spent millions trying to catch him.

https://www.amazon.com/American-King.../dp/1591848148

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    I listen to the book American Kingpin on Audible a couple of years ago. I wanted Ross to get away with it, but what I want doesn't matter.

He did indeed order hits on people, but he was dealing with undercover federal agents. One of those agents eventually went to prison for sealing bitcoins.

At the most Ross Ulbricht should have received twenty years in prison, but it isn't about justice it is about revenge. They try to make the feds in this book look like heroes, but anyone with average intelligence can see how the feds dropped the ball multiple times. It shouldn't have taken so long to catch the guy. Things like law enforcement going to the wrong address.

If my memory serves me right they caught the guy because they went to a forum where Ross created a username to advertise his website. Ross used his personal email to create his user account. This was after the feds spent millions trying to catch him.

https://www.amazon.com/American-King.../dp/1591848148
    Didn't he put out a hit on someone who was threatening to release his database of users to the public? Not sure what else you could do in that situation..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Didn't he put out a hit on someone who was threatening to release his database of users to the public? Not sure what else you could do in that situation..
    I had to look up the information because I haven't listened to the audiobook in years.

Ross Ulbricht wanted an informant killed.

Here is a link to a Vice article that sums everything up well:
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/8q84...plains-himself

As far as what else could he have done in that situation? I'm assuming sarcasm here because I know you're not advocating a contract hit.

What he could have done? At that point he could have walked away a multi millionaire, fried his computer, kept his mouth shut, denied everything, and he would be a free man right now.

The two takeaways I got from this book: one the total incompetence of the feds on this case, and two Ross could have walked away so many times and never got caught.

What screwed him was they seize his laptop before he could lock it. They literally snuck up on him in a public library and pulled his laptop away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Fake news this guy didn't do sh!t. It was an IRS agent named Gary L. Alford who first identified Ross Ulbricht using google searches.

https://www.businessinsider.com/irs-...true&r=US&IR=T

Was the informant being pd wiit citizens tax dollars ? Reason I ask is I'd have a whole different opinion on it.
    Do something Danke

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...08125102104973
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump had plenty of opportunities to pardon him and many others. Shouldn't be surprising that he ended up not following through.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge