Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Trump pardons Blackwater Security Contractors convicted of killing civilians

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    They weren't soldiers, they were civilians themselves protecting other American civilians. You think they should be held to a higher standard then the military, I disagree. Civilians should be allowed to defend themselves whether it's here or on the other side of the world. It has nothing to do with whether or not you believe in the war.
    I think the military should be held to the same standard. But I also understand the mitigating factor of individual members of the military who, unlike these mercenaries, didn't know what they were signing up for and who, unlike these mercenaries, couldn't simply de-enlist without suffering severe consequences.

    Whether or not I believe in a war has everything to do with whether or not that war is just. This should matter to you too. If justice doesn't matter to you, then the moral failing there is your own. And whether or not a war is just has everything to do with whether or not a person should choose to go and fight in it as a mercenary. To call someone a coward for choosing not to fight as a mercenary for an unjust cause makes no sense.

    We are not talking about anybody simply defending themselves. We are talking about people traveling to the other side of the world by choice to attack other people, when they could simply have not chosen to do that at all (and would not be cowards for choosing not to), and then while there, killing innocent people who didn't attack them. If it was also the case that there were other non-innocent people in the vicinity who did attack them, against whom it would have been just to use violence in self-defense, that doesn't justify the use of it against other bystanders, especially since, again, it was the Blackwater mercenaries who chose to travel to the other side of the world to put themselves in a position like this.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 12-24-2020 at 12:58 PM.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yes, if it's not self-defense. Civilian or military makes no difference. Liberals use the word civilian as if it means innocent victim. Civilians can be aggressors, murderers, and terrorists. The fact they were civilians is immaterial, both sides were civilians. We don't try self-defense cases in America by passing guilty verdicts automatically because the dead is a civilian.
    Okay. Let me rephrase my question. If unarmed civilians who weren't attacking those contractors were killed because the contractors recklessly discharged their weapons would you vote for a conviction even if the contractors had reason to believe they were being attacked by somebody somewhere? And this guilty verdict wasn't passed "automatically." They received a trial and by all accounts it was a fair one.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.



  4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  5. #33

  6. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Any of the resident Trumpers want to weigh in on this?
    I don't agree with Trump on that.

  7. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    If you believe juries are never wrong, and the laws they convict on never unjust, then no one should be pardoned ever.
    Juries are often wrong, usually by acquitting guilty people...

    ...but also, convicted people should often be pardoned, because the underlying laws are unjust.

    However, this isn't one of those cases; these murderers should hang.

  8. #36
    In fact, I have serious beef with these felons not being dead.

    Does no one agree?

  9. #37
    Relevant discussion from 4:55 to 13:35

    HL-97: Trump's "Blackwater 4" Pardon EXPLAINED - Viva & Barnes HIGHLIGHT
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRAcUnh4LpQ

    Trump pardoned the "Blackwater 4" and a lot of people were outraged. I realized I knew nothing about the incident that could explain the pardon. Here is the breakdown.


    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law." - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

    · tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·
    MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

  10. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    In fact, I have serious beef with these felons not being dead.

    Does no one agree?
    I do, but I'm outta rep.

    “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.” - Matthew 26:52
    Amash>Trump

    ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

    "Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

    "ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

    "Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

  11. #39
    This must be coincidence, also. Certainly wouldn't be about clearing the names and reputation of his past employees, as he attempts a reboot.

    'Blackwater is Back' - Erik Prince wants to reboot Blackwater (October 2020, entertaining read)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ction-1077089/

    The Blackwater founder wants to bring back his company's glory days — and he's campaigning for Donald Trump's help to do it. But he's haunted by past failures and is facing questions about a mercenary fiasco in Libya
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    The entire internet is the domain of paid shills and bots. If you don't know this by now....

    Israel, under control of the Crown and, ultimately, the Vatican, own the USA. If you don't know this by now....

    Talk to people about liberty. You won't find it on websites, you won't find it in politicians.

    But now you can't talk to people because of "social distancing"....brought to you by shills and politicians.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads

  1. Trump pardons former Army soldier sentenced for killing Iraqi prisoner
    By enhanced_deficit in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2019, 04:26 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 08:41 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 09:50 AM
  4. Federal Prosecutors Say Blackwater 'Specifically Intended to Kill' Civilians
    By disorderlyvision in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 04:09 PM
  5. Issue:Justice:Pardons for people convicted of victimless crimes?
    By SeanEdwards in forum Ron Paul: On the Issues
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •