Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: [VIDEO] Rand votes against "stimulus" bill

  1. #1

    Thumbs up [VIDEO] Rand votes against "stimulus" bill


    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Rand at 1:30: It's a terrible rotten idea. It's a liberal idea. And republicans who are for it ought to be ashamed of themselves for passing checks out to people who didn't lose their jobs.

    Neil: Well apparently one of them is the president. He likes the small business relief that's tucked in and the help for the airline industry. You disagree?

    Rand: Laughs.

    Someone explain to me why it's so important to try to somehow get Trump re-elected at this point? ( Rhetorical question of course).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Rand at 1:30: It's a terrible rotten idea. It's a liberal idea. And republicans who are for it ought to be ashamed of themselves for passing checks out to people who didn't lose their jobs.

    Neil: Well apparently one of them is the president. He likes the small business relief that's tucked in and the help for the airline industry. You disagree?

    Rand: Laughs.

    Someone explain to me why it's so important to try to somehow get Trump re-elected at this point? ( Rhetorical question of course).
    Thomas has recently said that when he ran for reelection they did polling in his district. Trump had an 87% approval rating. That is nearly unheard of. I suspect numbers are similar for the rest of Kentucky.

    Trump is very popular among the Republican/conservative base.

    If you're right leaning, pissing off Trump supporters is political suicide.

    Now, if we could only figure out a way to get Mitch tossed.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  6. #5
    The simple message: Government debt is today's rich stealing from tomorrow's poor.

    Period.

    We're not going to turn any of this around until we morally debase the idea in the minds of the public.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Thomas has recently said that when he ran for reelection they did polling in his district. Trump had an 87% approval rating. That is nearly unheard of. I suspect numbers are similar for the rest of Kentucky.

    Trump is very popular among the Republican/conservative base.

    If you're right leaning, pissing off Trump supporters is political suicide.

    Now, if we could only figure out a way to get Mitch tossed.
    Who said anything about pissing off Trump supporters? For the record Rand has played this perfectly. He's said there was election fraud (there was) but he's stopped short of saying "Let's have a military takeover to install Trump as president." You have people like Senator Tom Cotton, and sadly some on this forum, who are calling for that. Rand is in the "yeah there was fraud, but don't burn the country down" over it camp.



    And despite Trump's popularity, Massie easily won re-election and you sand Rand isn't running again so....I fail to see your point...which didn't apparently have anything to do with my point anyway.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  8. #7
    Massie: “Why did we just fund brick-and-mortar schools in third world countries when so many American children aren’t even attending brick-and-mortar schools in 2020?”


    https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...93507362598912
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate. - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  9. #8
    "Why not $2,000" lol Somebody was listening to him, but they didn't get the joke



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Rand Paul is mistaken - not in principle, but in point of practical fact.

    I say PILE IT ON! I hope to live to see ten quadrillion dollars in debt. Why? Glad you asked.

    The numbers as they currently exist are meaningless. Within the context of the currency system we now enjoy, you know, the one where there's no money but a thing called the "dollar", a valueless unit of exchange that works only because people are too ignorant to perceive just how precariously they hang by non-existent threads of mere belief, the current circumstance can go on literally forever so long as there are computers that can store numbers of sufficient size. It's a smoke and mirrors show with no real stakes in the monetary sense.

    Given this, it is of no consequence that we run up endless debt because it will NEVER be paid back. It is not intended to be repaid. Repayment is the last thing Theye want because we would then be free of their dominion. No no no doc, the goal is perpetual debt, as I'm sure you are all well aware, because it means perpetual power.

    Therefore, I say ride this bitch until the wheels come off, because whether the piper calls today or tomorrow will make no difference whatsoever in terms of consequences. On that day of reckoning will there be great wailing and the gnashing of teeth for a people now so removed from the basics of living, that they will drop like flies in the wake of an economy slamming to a virtually instantaneous halt. So why not put it off for as long as possible? I see no advantage to ending this trip early.

    As things stand, the only viable solution is to repudiate the debt in toto, without equivocation, with absolute prejudice, and with the declaration that said debt never existed in the first place, thereby rendering the obligation null and void. In this light, it is so much more the rationally valid decision to ride the bull until it throws you off. Suck Themme dry with the precise intention of tossing aside the dried, empty husk at the end of it all. I see nothing morally repugnant in this as Theye have foisted evil upon us and IMO it is not only the smart move to return evil to them in tenfold measure, but it is also the morally upstanding response and furthermore a show of self-respect that we screw the hides of our enemies to the barn door, leaving the remainder to die as the fates might choose for them.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  12. #10

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

    Therefore, I say ride this bitch until the wheels come off, because whether the piper calls today or tomorrow will make no difference whatsoever in terms of consequences. On that day of reckoning will there be great wailing and the gnashing of teeth for a people now so removed from the basics of living, that they will drop like flies in the wake of an economy slamming to a virtually instantaneous halt. So why not put it off for as long as possible? I see no advantage to ending this trip early.

    As things stand, the only viable solution is to repudiate the debt in toto, without equivocation, with absolute prejudice, and with the declaration that said debt never existed in the first place, thereby rendering the obligation null and void. In this light, it is so much more the rationally valid decision to ride the bull until it throws you off. Suck Themme dry with the precise intention of tossing aside the dried, empty husk at the end of it all. I see nothing morally repugnant in this as Theye have foisted evil upon us and IMO it is not only the smart move to return evil to them in tenfold measure, but it is also the morally upstanding response and furthermore a show of self-respect that we screw the hides of our enemies to the barn door, leaving the remainder to die as the fates might choose for them.
    Are you insane?

    If you are pushing for a collapse then you are just as evil as those who cause it.


    Yeah, it'd be great if the federal government lost most of its power, but anything other than a long slow decline will be a very nasty time for everyone.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Are you insane?

    If you are pushing for a collapse then you are just as evil as those who cause it.
    Oh please spare us the drama. It's not going to end well no matter what we do. You seem to be suffering from a failure to understand just how large are the numbers in question. If we stopped spending completely, it would take us several decades of super high taxes to put the debt to bed. We will not stop spending, so we are now in a situation where we will never pay off said debt.

    Am I insane? Are you serious? You can look around at that which surrounds us all and you think the problem lies with me? That's some talent.

    You appear to labor under an assumption that we actually have the ability to affect the sorts of changes you suggest. We do not. The factors that annul our capacities include but are not limited to the following:



    1. A deeply bifurcated nation, the halves at each others' throats
    2. a gross absence of grit and courage. The minutemen went out and killed people in defense of the idea of being free men. We won't even talk about it, anyone doing so being subjected to all manner of ridicule and threat.
    3. A population so corrupted with The Stupid, putting a quantifier to it fails for lack of sufficiently large numbers.
    4. A huge subpopulation who now openly and proudly subscribes to tyranny, there being no possible hope of reconciliation of any form between them and the rest of us
    5. A cadre I call "Themme" who wield vast and overwhelming political and financial power who have had at least a full century in a position of being able to do effectively anything they want.
    6. A fake "money" system in place and in Theire hands that affords Themme virtually limitless funding resources for the development of technologies, many of which are not for public consumption in even so much as awareness.
    7. A population trained to comfort and convenience to the point that those factors are now more important to them than are their most fundamental rights.
    8. A population trained to the Four Corruptions, Fear, Avarice, Ignorance, Lassitude.


    The list could go on, but there is enough here to give a good feeling for just how well the deck is stacked in Theire favor.



    Yeah, it'd be great if the federal government lost most of its power, but anything other than a long slow decline will be a very nasty time for everyone.
    Two things. Firstly, the probability of a long slow decline is vanishingly small. Our circumstance is not the result of ignorance or accident, but rather that of carefully directed intention. Theye no longer deny being what they are. Theye proudly proclaim their globalist designs and the rest of we, the $#@!s, sit idly as if God had forsaken us for brains.

    Secondly, we have earned that nasty time; it is the reap we have earned of our sow. What we would prefer no longer really matters because we have allowed those in power to bring us to a condition so degraded, that short of Theire sudden and absolute reversal into capitulation to that which is right and proper for free people, our slide into ever worse circumstance will continue until we are either no longer able to alter course, or won't want to. For a good one hundred and fifty years, and especially in the last eighty, we the people have shirked our responsibility to ourselves, our families, and our fellows by buying into the lies and bull$#@! fed us by Theire agents.

    Believe in fairy tales if it gets you through your days. As for myself, I prefer ugly truths to pretty lies. We are cattle being lead down the chute to the killing floor and we show no hint of a will to throw the vampires from our necks.
    Last edited by osan; 12-26-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  14. #12

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    It's not going to end well no matter what we do.
    I don't disagree. But a fast shock will be much worse than a decline over time.

    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Firstly, the probability of a long slow decline is vanishingly small.
    Really? The Roman Empire didn't collapse overnight.




    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Secondly, we have earned that nasty time; it is the reap we have earned of our sow.
    Speak for yourself, I haven't done anything to deserve it.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Really? The Roman Empire didn't collapse overnight.
    Actually, it did.


    Speak for yourself, I haven't done anything to deserve it.
    Oh yes? So tell me what great things you did to stop Themme? Other than my writing and a refusal to comply with a large host of statutory bull$#@!, I've done little.

    That aside, I was speaking statistically, using "we" in the broadest third-person sense. We the people earned what we're getting through our adoration of The Stupid that has taken countless forms.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Actually, it did.
    No it didn't. You don't know your history. It was a long slow decline.




    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Oh yes? So tell me what great things you did to stop Themme?
    What is "themme?" I have no idea what that means.

    But yeah, I have dedicated a good 10 years or so of my life to changing the way things are, Ron, Rand, countless others on every level of government, passing and killing legislation, getting people elected, training activists, etc. So yes I have been actively working hard against this stuff.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Are you insane?

    If you are pushing for a collapse then you are just as evil as those who cause it.


    Yeah, it'd be great if the federal government lost most of its power, but anything other than a long slow decline will be a very nasty time for everyone.
    I don't differentiate between those kinds of posts and advocates for pure communism. There is no daylight in the morality of the two. It is an anti-property rights, anti-progress view of the world.

  18. #16
    I'm assuming leftists have been attacking Rand lately because he voted against it?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    No it didn't. You don't know your history. It was a long slow decline.
    The rot was longer-term. The collapse was rapid. The recovery was also fast. Coastal France reestablished thriving trade with North Africa in no time.


    What is "themme?" I have no idea what that means.
    My term for those in real power. I've been using it on this site for a decade.

    But yeah, I have dedicated a good 10 years or so of my life to changing the way things are, Ron, Rand, countless others on every level of government, passing and killing legislation, getting people elected, training activists, etc. So yes I have been actively working hard against this stuff.
    And how much better have things gotten? Less $#@!ty doesn't count.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    And how much better have things gotten? Less $#@!ty doesn't count.
    Some things have gotten a lot better... the right to keep and bear arms has mostly expanded in recent years for example. If one is gay more of their rights have been recognized in recent years too.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I don't disagree. But a fast shock will be much worse than a decline over time.

    Really? The Roman Empire didn't collapse overnight.

    Speak for yourself, I haven't done anything to deserve it.
    The philosophy should be to let the failure happen, get it over with and rebuild.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Some things have gotten a lot better... the right to keep and bear arms has mostly expanded in recent years for example. If one is gay more of their rights have been recognized in recent years too.
    The firearms deal is one thing, and really not much. If you disbelieve, stop in at my home, I will give you one of my sidearms on the agreement that your next stop be NYC and that you wear the weapon openly for all to see in public spaces for at least twelve hours THEN tell me how much progress we've made on that account. I promise to write to you in prison.

    The gay thing has been special rights, not equal.

    That's two things, neither particularly encouraging. I'm thinking you need a whole lot more if your thesis is to be taken seriously

    Let's be real here, please. As of this writing, we the people are going nowhere good due to our corruption. By any standard I would call passingly reasonable, we would have to do a whole lot better in order to cut the muster. We are failing MISERABLY.

    I suppose our respective standards of judging are very different.
    Through lives and lives shalt thou pay, O' king.

    Freedom will be stolen from you in a heartbeat if you do not behave as a wild and ravening beast pursuant to its protection.

    "Government" is naught but a mental construct, a script to which people meekly accept and play out their assigned roles by those with no authority to dictate such.

    Pray for reset.


  24. #21
    The only way to advance to a new monetary system is to collapse this system. Greenspan was well aware of this fact. Hence the monetary policy when he was the Fed chair.

    Matt Collins, the few who know you here laugh upon hearing your name. Most dont even know who you are.

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    The only way to advance to a new monetary system is to collapse this system.
    You don't want what is next, trust me.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst



Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Rand Paul Mulls Senate Run; Thinks Stimulus Plan is "Fine"
    By Knightskye in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. Glenn Beck loses it over "stimulus" bill! Wooo!
    By Jeremy in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 01:51 PM
  3. The Punish Mark Sanford Amendment ("Stimulus" Bill) - Malkin
    By Lucille in forum Liberty Campaigns
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 12:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •