Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mises Caucus Coup D’Etat

(h/t @Brian4Liberty) THREAD: Ron Paul Libertarians Take Control of Libertarian Party

The Tom Woods Show - Ep. 2137 Libertarians Take Control of Libertarian Party
    Michael Heise of the Libertarian Party Mises Caucus joins me today to discuss the clean sweep his libertarian caucus made at the recent Libertarian National Convention.
    https://odysee.com/@TomWoodsTV:e/ep....e-control-of:2
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-03-2022 at 05:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anybody have video of Ron's speech at the convention rally?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Does anybody have video of Ron's speech at the convention rally?
    Crappy audio, but the only one I could find:

Psalm 35:7-10, Psalm 109

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Crappy audio, but the only one I could find:

Thanks. That man never ceases to amaze me. While most 86 year olds are preparing for the old folks home and applesauce diets he's standing and giving 40 minute unscripted speeches in cities far from home.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-03-2022 at 07:27 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    THREAD: LP Mises Caucus features in SPLC "Hatewatch" hit piece
    (SPLC "Hatewatch": Mises Caucus: Could It Sway the Libertarian Party to the Hard Right?)
    THREAD: LP Mises Caucus takeover features in WaPo newsletter

This is good and all, but not altogether sure what it is going to get us until Libertarians understand that we are being taken into world government. Ron Paul knows it and has for a long time. But, most libertarians don't seem to know.

If they had known, no one would have been supporting Gary whats-his-name, after he chose his Council on Foreign Relations V.P. running mate and seemingly made him his best bud. You know, the same guy who co-chaired the CFR's working group on creating a North American Union. It was rather depressing.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-07-2022 at 11:55 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    There’s rumblings about a takeover of the L.P. by the Mises Caucus/Ron Paul types. Many of the people with large followings and influence are talking about starting up the Ron Paul Revolution 2.0.

They seem to be tired of the LP pandering to the left and trying to win influence by adapting to the current system. They’re all about purging the so called “left libertarians” and restoring an idealistic plank. They haven’t said exactly what the plan is but have mentioned that something big is in the works.

End the lockdowns
    End the Fed
    End all corporate Welfare
    End the warfare state etc

Dave Smith is in,
    Pete Quinones
    Eric July
    Angela McArdle

I’m guessing Tom Woods and Jeff Diest are advising as well?

If anybody has more info on who or what is going on please clue us in and I’ll add the info to this post.
    It also must include get us out of multi-lateral EVERY DAMN THING! The W.H.O., the TPP, the Paris Climate Accord, the UN, World Bank, NAFTA on steroids, the IMF, the WTO, and on and on.

Sorry guys, not trying to rain on your parade. But, this stuff is so very important. Ron Paul has spoken about this stuff MANY times.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-07-2022 at 12:00 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

THREAD: LP Mises Caucus features in SPLC "Hatewatch" hit piece
    (SPLC "Hatewatch": Mises Caucus: Could It Sway the Libertarian Party to the Hard Right?)
    THREAD: Slate: MAGA "white nationalists" take over Libertarian Party
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-15-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    It also must include get us out of multi-lateral EVERY DAMN THING! The W.H.O., the TPP, the Paris Climate Accord, the UN, World Bank, NAFTA on steroids, the IMF, the WTO, and on and on.

Sorry guys, not trying to rain on your parade. But, this stuff is so very important. Ron Paul has spoken about this stuff MANY times.
    I think most/all of Mises people would agree with you.

But I also think that Mises people and libertarians are a bit all over the place and should prioritize stuff. Stuff you're talking about should be prioritized higher IMO. As well as secession. As well as nullification. The focus should be getting government to be closer to home. Or, worded differently, to truly be a "nation" again - of common cultures/values - and not just a damned "country".

"End the Fed" is important but only autistic nerds will ever understand the importance of it. "$#@! the UN", everyone can get behind, or at least understand.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-07-2022 at 05:22 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I think most/all of Mises people would agree with you.

But I also think that Mises people and libertarians are a bit all over the place and should prioritize stuff. Stuff you're talking about should be prioritized higher IMO. As well as secession. As well as nullification. The focus should be getting government to be closer to home. Or, worded differently, to truly be a "nation" again - of common cultures/values - and not just a damned "country".

"End the Fed" is important but only autistic nerds will ever understand the importance of it. "$#@! the UN", everyone can get behind, or at least understand.
    LPMC is laser-focused on the civic issues that actually matter the most.

- Bribes are the root of all political corruption. "Get the money out of politics" or "campaign finance reform" are just silly slogans so long as the Fed exists. The truth is that the primary purpose of the Fed's existence -- far and away -- is bribery. We need point no further than the $50+B just shipped overseas to Ukraine as bribes for Ukrainian politicians. From whence does the US government have all of this cash to "assist foreign countries" with!? (As though a government could "help a brother out"!) There is no hope of freeing local US politics of the deep-rooted, institutionalized corruption until the infinite-bribe-cash fountain in DC is shut off. You can't change DC without real change at the local grassroots level, and you can't get change at the local grassroots level so long as the Fed exists. Therefore, Priority Numero Uno: END THE FED

- Foreign military adventurism, "diplomacy" and "foreign aid" are the black suitcases by which money from the Fed is channeled around the globe. In Rome, Caesar just sent a chest of gold to bribe the local chieftains to do his bidding. But Americans would never accept such an abuse of the Treasury if they knew it was happening. So the Empire had to wrap their machinery of global corruption in a Tor-network of onion-routed bribery. End foreign entanglements, and the chickens will stop coming here to roost. If you're an Iraqi living in Iraq and the US starts dropping JDAMs on your neighborhood from 60,000 feet, you're going to have one of two basic reactions. One is you're going to go down the nearest location to sign up for the resistance. But if you're smart (fighting the world's most powerful military with guns and RPGs is not necessarily the brightest course of action, for a grunt, anyway), you'll have reaction number two, which is to find out how you can influence the US to stop dropping JDAMs on your neighborhood. And so what happens is that our reckless, illegal, and abominable military adventurism has created a ghost army of highly intelligent political immigrants, and other foreign influencers, whose only mission in life is to change US domestic politics. How about we cut to the chase and change it ourselves? Priority #2: END ALL US INVOLVEMENT IN ILLEGAL WARS which, currently, is all of them.

There are many other important issues. But those issues will become a piece of cake when points 1&2 above are addressed. Want the US out of the UN? No problem, when we end foreign military adventurism, the UN will stop being interested in our membership. We can kindly send them back over the drink to London or Brussells or wherever the hell they're from and open a museum of communist atrocities in the former UN headquarters building. Would be a much better use of real estate than the abominations of the gun-grabbing statue and Beast statues currently taking up space there. But I can assure you that it will never happen so long as the Fed exists and so long as the MIC is running rampant around the world, fueled by DC's infinite printing-press money.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 06-07-2022 at 05:43 PM.

LPMC is laser-focused on the civic issues that actually matter the most.

- Bribes are the root of all political corruption. "Get the money out of politics" or "campaign finance reform" are just silly slogans so long as the Fed exists. The truth is that the primary purpose of the Fed's existence -- far and away -- is bribery. We need point no further than the $50+B just shipped overseas to Ukraine as bribes for Ukrainian politicians. From whence does the US government have all of this cash to "assist foreign countries" with!? (As though a government could "help a brother out"!) There is no hope of freeing local US politics of the deep-rooted, institutionalized corruption until the infinite-bribe-cash fountain in DC is shut off. You can't change DC without real change at the local grassroots level, and you can't get change at the local grassroots level so long as the Fed exists. Therefore, Priority Numero Uno: END THE FED

- Foreign military adventurism, "diplomacy" and "foreign aid" are the black suitcases by which money from the Fed is channeled around the globe. In Rome, Caesar just sent a chest of gold to bribe the local chieftains to do his bidding. But Americans would never accept such an abuse of the Treasury if they knew it was happening. So the Empire had to wrap their machinery of global corruption in a Tor-network of onion-routed bribery. End foreign entanglements, and the chickens will stop coming here to roost. If you're an Iraqi living in Iraq and the US starts dropping JDAMs on your neighborhood from 60,000 feet, you're going to have one of two basic reactions. One is you're going to go down the nearest location to sign up for the resistance. But if you're smart (fighting the world's most powerful military with guns and RPGs is not necessarily the brightest course of action, for a grunt, anyway), you'll have reaction number two, which is to find out how you can influence the US to stop dropping JDAMs on your neighborhood. And so what happens is that our reckless, illegal, and abominable military adventurism has created a ghost army of highly intelligent political immigrants, and other foreign influencers, whose only mission in life is to change US domestic politics. How about we cut to the chase and change it ourselves? Priority #2: END ALL US INVOLVEMENT IN ILLEGAL WARS which, currently, is all of them.

There are many other important issues. But those issues will become a piece of cake when points 1&2 above are addressed. Want the US out of the UN? No problem, when we end foreign military adventurism, the UN will stop being interested in our membership. We can kindly send them back over the drink to London or Brussells or wherever the hell they're from and open a museum of communist atrocities in the UN headquarters building. Would be a much better use of real estate than the abomination gun-grabbing and Beast statues currently taking up space there. But I can assure you that it will never happen so long as the Fed exists and so long as the MIC is running rampant around the world, fueled by DC's infinite printing-press money.
    Lofty goals but you may as well be asking for Santa to deliver you a Unicorn that $#@!s Easter Bunnies.

Secession on the other hand is a reasonable goal, at least in relative terms lol....

And secession will not solve any of these issues. But it will at least reduce these issues.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Trump Jr 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Lofty goals but you may as well be asking for Santa to deliver you a Unicorn that $#@!s Easter Bunnies.
    Then no need to concern yourself with the LPMC, it will fizzle out and die away like all the others who went before.

But I will bet you real coin that the Fed (and its ecosystem) is extremely concerned about the rise of the LPMC.

Secession on the other hand is a reasonable goal, at least in relative terms lol....
    Yep, that's a plank, too, because secession is the "divorce" if the other party refuses to stop the abuse. Keep abusing the People and see what happens. When DC finally becomes the lonely isolated drunk, stuck in its stupid swamp with no one to whip into servitude to its Mad Hatter orders, we'll see what use its printing-press is then. Print away, drunk!!

And secession will not solve any of these issues. But it will at least reduce these issues.
    Think of it like chess. You don't just make one attack with one move. You have to make more attacks with your move than your enemy can defend with his move. So, if they go this way, we go that way. And if they go that way, we go this way. No matter what, the status quo will not remain.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then no need to concern yourself with the LPMC, it will fizzle out and die away like all the others who went before.

But I will bet you real coin that the Fed (and its ecosystem) is extremely concerned about the rise of the LPMC.

Yep, that's a plank, too, because secession is the "divorce" if the other party refuses to stop the abuse. Keep abusing the People and see what happens. When DC finally becomes the lonely isolated drunk, stuck in its stupid swamp with no one to whip into servitude to its Mad Hatter orders, we'll see what use its printing-press is then. Print away, drunk!!

Think of it like chess. You don't just make one attack with one move. You have to make more attacks with your move than your enemy can defend with his move. So, if they go this way, we go that way. And if they go that way, we go this way. No matter what, the status quo will not remain.
    They're not concerned. They have already planned out every scenario and have counter moves already ready. We aren't going to go from what they have been working on for decades and are VERY close to accomplishing, while the overwhelming majority have been asleep, to some kind of libertarian nirvana. Just ain't going to happen. The federal government is long gone and we aren't going to come up with something magical to set it right. Seriously, I remember when RP ran for office, we couldn't even get many people to get off their backsides to even make a few phone calls. And you think we are going to go from where we are to ending the FED and stopping all wars? Seriously?

For me, I'm going to concentrate on things closer to home, where we still have a chance.
    ================

Seriously, I remember when RP ran for office, we couldn't even get many people to get off their backsides to even make a few phone calls.
    I'm not taking responsibility for this mess. Libertarians fought the good fight for Ron Paul, and made one hell of a splash. All the grouchy grousing in the world won't change the fact that Republicans sat in that debate and booed the Golden Rule.

Libertarians don't own this mess. Put it on the hypocrites. We tried every damned thing we could think of. Republicans wanted Fox and, yes, CNN to pick their candidate for them, instead of having principles. The only damned thing we did wrong was lack the authortay Republicans slobber over. That does not mean we were wrong, did anything wrong, or didn't try like beavers. Put the God damned blame where it belongs for once in your life.

Republicans sat in that debate and booed the Golden Rule. They sat in that damned debate and booed the Golden Rule. What in God's name were we supposed to do on the damned telephone with people who call themselves Christians, but boo at God's Law? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2022 at 06:25 PM.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?"--Will Rogers

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I'm not taking responsibility for this mess. Libertarians fought the good fight for Ron Paul, and made one hell of a splash. All the grouchy grousing in the world won't change the fact that Republicans sat in that debate and booed the Golden Rule.

Libertarians don't own this mess. Put it on the hypocrites. We tried every damned thing we could think of. Republicans wanted Fox and, yes, CNN to pick their candidate for them, instead of having principles. The only damned thing we did wrong was lack the authortay Republicans slobber over. That does not mean we were wrong, did anything wrong, or didn't try like beavers. Put the God damned blame where it belongs for once in your life.

Republicans sat in that debate and booed the Golden Rule. They sat in that damned debate and booed the Golden Rule. What in God's name were we supposed to do on the damned telephone with people who call themselves Christians, but boo at God's Law? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Who was blaming Libertarians? I wasn't. Just pie in the sky thinking isn't useful right now is all, in my opinion. And tulsa, it's not about political parties against political parties. Come on. You know that. There are good people and crap in every one of them. Last time I knew, we thought of people as INDIVIDUALS.
    ================

Who was blaming Libertarians? I wasn't. Just pie in the sky thinking isn't useful right now is all, in my opinion. And tulsa, it's not about political parties against political parties. Come on. You know that. There are good people and crap in every one of them. Last time I knew, we thought of people as INDIVIDUALS.
    I didn't say a damned thing about any party except the one that refused to consider Ron Paul because he didn't want to bomb brown people. And if...

Seriously, I remember when RP ran for office, we couldn't even get many people to get off their backsides to even make a few phone calls.
    ... isn't blaming this mess on libertarians, what the hell is it?

I'm sick of the people who think, choose to be principled and try being blamed for not being God, and the people who boo the Golden Rule getting a pass. I'm sick of it.

Last edited by acptulsa; 06-11-2022 at 06:51 PM.

"All I know is what I read in the newspapers, and that's an alibi for my ignorance."--Will Rogers

They're not concerned. They have already planned out every scenario and have counter moves already ready.
    This is just black-pilling. "Everything is a rich man's trick." I choose to reject the black-pill.

We aren't going to go from what they have been working on for decades and are VERY close to accomplishing, while the overwhelming majority have been asleep, to some kind of libertarian nirvana. Just ain't going to happen.
    As the stage-magicians like to say... prepare to be amazed...

The federal government is long gone

I don't know what you're talking about.

And this is why the MC has not been able to manifest until the 2020's. The LP core was demoralized by the Ron Paul presidential run and turned into a bunch of milquetoast pets for the major parties to make the butt of their debate jokes, debates the LP is not even invited to. The black-pill is the single most dangerous enemy propaganda technique and that is why it must be rooted out with zeal.

And you think we are going to go from where we are to ending the FED and stopping all wars? Seriously?
    They had better. Seriously.

I'm actually a short-term pessimist, long-term optimist. I believe that the Establishment will do everything in its power to prevent change and, in the process, it's going to cause its own collapse in a manner so complete that it will leave the entire world in speechless astonishment. That's not prophecy, it's a prediction. But the reasons I believe it are prophetic. The signs of Matthew 24 etc. are appearing (not in the headlines, in my personal life and observation). Their best-case scenario is to just surrender post-haste and seek amnesty by shutting down the Fed faster than Biden's Afghanistan withdrawal and bringing all US troops and other personnel home that don't have a border-defense-essential purpose for being outside of the US. That's their best-case scenario. I know they won't back down, but they're playing chicken with the real leviathan this time.

The doomsday virus is a great example. The doomsday virus was their "containment protocol"... think of it like plan-Z in case they got into a serious jam with no escape. When Trump swept the 2016 Presidential election, they freaked and they pulled the big red eject lever which eventually led to the doomsday virus after they couldn't successfully impeach/oust Trump. They played four-year rope-a-dope against him and when they were in position to seize the election, they pulled the eject lever on the doomsday virus. The purpose of that was to re-establish "total control". Does it look to you like they have "total control"? You really can't spot the difference between 2022 United States and a CCP-run FEMA re-education camp? No doubt, certain deep-blue urban areas are still besieged with the Deep State madness, but this is not the endgame they were playing for. And that was their last-ditch emergency eject lever. Even Bill Gates in his latest TV interview was swallowing his tongue when forced to admit that the doomsday virus was a "flu-like disease" that "mainly affected the elderly." The purple power-sweater has apparently lost its magic powers, maybe Melinda took them with her on the way out.

For me, I'm going to concentrate on things closer to home, where we still have a chance.
    I don't tell people what to concentrate on, or not. You should focus on the things that are important to you.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 06-11-2022 at 07:26 PM.

I didn't say a damned thing about any party except the one that refused to consider Ron Paul because he didn't want to bomb brown people. And if...
    So basically, you were.

... isn't blaming this mess on libertarians, what the hell is it?

I'm sick of the people who think, choose to be principled and try being blamed for not being God, and the people who boo the Golden Rule getting a pass. I'm sick of it.
    This was not a libertarian forum when Ron ran for President. If you recall, it had people from across the political spectrum.

You seem to want to pick a fight. You're going to need to have it all by yourself. Cheers.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-12-2022 at 05:59 AM.
    ================

I don't tell people what to concentrate on, or not. You should focus on the things that are important to you.
    Which is why I said....

And to answer your question, when I said the federal government is too far gone, I meant in my opinion, at this point it is unsalvageable. Most of it is totally outside its constitutional boundaries and the people who wield the real power are not even people we elect.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-12-2022 at 05:58 AM.
    ================

You seem to want to pick a fight.
    Who says accusing everyone else of their own sins is a liberal trick?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

Who says accusing everyone else of their own sins is a liberal trick?
    Hhmmm... Are you thinking you can bully me, tulsa? In case you've forgotten, that doesn't work on me. Sheesh.

What I said was a fact. If it triggered you, that's on you, bud.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-12-2022 at 02:16 PM.
    ================

Hhmmm... Are you thinking you can bully me, tulsa?
    Who says playing the victim card is a liberal trick?

Blame the people who know better for not being better salesmen, and deny, deflect and deflate their own responsibility. Partisan games. I guess people will keep playing them right up to Armageddon.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-12-2022 at 02:56 PM.

These types are antiglobalist. The Ron Paul revolution bore them.

This is great. Dave smith has been crushing it on his friend Joe Rogans podcast.

Now we have the Twitter account in Angela’s hands. She is a ringer as well.

I finally joined the LP

Just wondering when the direct censorship of private podcasts begins lol

Who says playing the victim card is a liberal trick?

Blame the people who know better for not being better salesmen, and deny, deflect and deflate their own responsibility. Partisan games. I guess people will keep playing them right up to Armageddon.
    Grow up.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    These types are antiglobalist. The Ron Paul revolution bore them.
    Do you mean you think they started with the RP Revolution? They were around a long time before that. Birchers, for example. RP spoke at their conventions for years and years and they have been warning people what was going to happen for a very long time. Come to think of it, it was George Washington in his Farewell Address who warned us about entangling alliances.

Ron Paul has been wonderful in bringing more people to the fight.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-12-2022 at 07:44 PM.
    ================

Do you mean you think they started with the RP Revolution? They were around a long time before that. Birchers, for example. RP spoke at their conventions for years and years and they have been warning people what was going to happen for a very long time. Come to think of it, it was George Washington in his Farewell Address who warned us about entangling alliances.

Ron Paul has been wonderful in bringing more people to the fight.
    Yes the Mises caucus leadership has praised Ron and given him and Lew credit for the politics they’ve adopted. They vowed to purge the party of left libertarians and “we just want to be invited to the cocktail parties” beltway types.

They’ve done it and beaten them roundly.

Amazing.

They rightly are doing away with the “libertarians are economically conservative and social liberal” line of bull$#@!…

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron’s influence has been underestimated.

He birthed a generation of smart and uncompromising liberty lovers.

The regime has been extremely effective at silencing us.

The national LP has aided them…

I’ll add that we are not personality followers but it is good that we recognize important figures of now and the past. It warms my heart that Ron is alive to witness.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 06-12-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Grow up.
    Now where have I heard that before?

Oh, I remember. It's what all those Republicans told me when I told them only Ron Paul will uphold the party platform and try to fix the nation's problems while my fellow libertarians and I were manning the phone bank.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-12-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast