Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Smith / Part of the Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Fauci Isn't Wrong, He's Evil - Potp 884
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie discuss the ways the government has got it wrong on covid and on the economy. This Episode Was Recorded On 7.22.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYxwOA62t_E
    Kinda nuts how quickly everything went from "it takes years to make a safe vaccine" and "masks dont work" to "safe and effective" and "double masks"

Dave does a good job here of laying out just insane that was. and like 75% of people just dont even question it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How The Left Ruined Sex - Part of the Problem 885
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave and Robbie discuss an article in the NY Times by Emma Camp titled When We Consent, We Shouldn't Feel Terrible After, Right? Where the author talks about her positions on hookup culture. This Episode Was Recorded On 7/23/22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkoDhaWp12Y

A National Divorce?
    Dave Smith and Reason's Zach Weissmueller discuss the libertarian case for and against breaking up the United States.
    https://rumble.com/v1dlc3s-a-national-divorce.html

Should Libertarians Root for a National Divorce?
    Dave Smith discusses the libertarian case for and against breaking up the United States.
    https://reason.com/video/2022/07/25/...ional-divorce/
    Zach Weissmueller (25 July 2022)

Is it time for blue states and red states to stop fighting over their differences and just get a divorce?

[...]
    //

Pete Quinones On Liberty - Part Of The Problem 886
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Pete discuss the strategies of the Libertarian Party, and the writers that built the philosophy, the growing divide in our nation, and how decentralization can help us shake off the yoke of tyranny. This Episode Was Recorded On 7.25.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtYExEdOz6s

Pete Quinones Explains Hans-Hermann Hoppe
    Pete Quinones discusses Hans-Hermann Hoppe with Dave Smith.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-Yh4x9mZQ

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Trial Of Anthony Fauci - Part Of The Problem 887
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie begin to build their case against Anthony Fauci, for crimes against humanity. We also take a look at how the Corporate Press is an accessory to the totalitarian Covid Regime. This episode was recorded on 7.27.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3vcFcalepI

Jeremy Kauffman - Part Of The Problem 888
    Dave Smith is joined by Jeremy Kauffman who is running for senate in New Hampshire. Jeremy and Dave discuss the effect of the lockdown state, and what people can do to resist the covid regime and government overreach moving forward. This Episode Was Recorded On 7.30.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RO7d6y43sQ

John Oliver Wants You To Starve - Part Of The Problem 889
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie take a look at John Oliver's recent piece on Inflation and its causes. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.1.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu77dQthHXo

John Oliver Wants You To Starve - Part Of The Problem 889
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie take a look at John Oliver's recent piece on Inflation and its causes. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.1.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu77dQthHXo
    Rigged Economics
    https://rumble.com/v1l0lnl-rigged-economics.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:14 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

All good, but I would add, and certainly they would agree, that the CPI is a far more flawed measurement than they are saying, because it is constantly being adjusted. Imagine a thermometer, where every 6 months they change the actual scale, moving the numbering on the thermometer. Even the most charitable description of the CPI as a measurement or barometer over time is false. Change can not be measured over time when the measurement itself keeps changing. If 100 degrees today is the same actual temperature as 120 degrees was 10 years ago, or 80 degrees was 10 years, it is a useless measurement.

Then there is climate change statistics...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Listening now. Excellent so far.

A Response To David Friedman - Part Of The Problem 890
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie respond to an article by David Friedman, son of Milton Friedman, criticizing Dave on open borders. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.3.22
    https://rumble.com/v1l0mip-a-respons...oblem-890.html

@Swordsmyth -- I recommend this one for you, especially the first 20 minutes or so. My view is that, in the absence of the Ring-of-Power State, borders would naturally tend to be mostly open, most of the time. But the property owners and/or corporate bodies (HOAs, "governments", etc.) regulating territorial entry/exit points would naturally reserve the right to close them for any number of reasons. That said, I don't think that the GOP position on this has anything to do with moral reasoning, the rights of men, American values, or anything else... they just calculated that it's a good political play against the Democrats in the current political environment. So, the GOP can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:16 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I edited the previous post to include the following header before the video:

On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Robbie respond to an article by David Friedman, son of Milton Friedman, criticizing Dave on open borders. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.3.22

It is generally a good idea to include such material when posting videos of "Part of the Problem" (POTP) episodes - or any videos of any kind, for that matter.

For one thing, doing so provides additional information and context for the video beyond just the thumbnail image, which may help people to better judge whether it is relevant to their interests and something they want to spend any time listening to.

More importantly, though - and this applies specifically to POTP videos - only the 20 or so most recent episodes of POTP are made publicly available via YouTube[1], Apple Podcasts, etc. This means older episodes will "disappear" after some time. This will result in non-functional YouTube video embeds that display a "Video unavailable / This video is private" message. Once that happens, if no additional information was provided, then the video might as well not have been posted at all. But by including the additional header material (especially the episode number), it is at least possible to use that extra information to seek out other sources for the episode. For example, an mp3-format audio archive of POTP episodes going back to episode #468 can be found here: https://namelyliberty.com/source/news/dave-smith/. (That's far back enough to cover all the episodes since this thread started.) And I would presume that all episodes of POTP are available in some format via subscription to POTP's distributor, GaS Digital Network

I've considered cleaning up this thread by deleting all the "video unavailable" posts for which no additional identifying information was provided, but I decided against it, just in case any of those "privated" videos ever become publicly available again for whatever reason.

[1] As far as I know, POTP isn't (officially) distributed on any other video platforms, such as Odysee or Rumble.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 01:13 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Listening now. Excellent so far.

@Swordsmyth -- I recommend this one for you, especially the first 20 minutes or so. My view is that, in the absence of the Ring-of-Power State, borders would naturally tend to be mostly open, most of the time. But the property owners and/or corporate bodies (HOAs, "governments", etc.) regulating territorial entry/exit points would naturally reserve the right to close them for any number of reasons. That said, I don't think that the GOP position on this has anything to do with moral reasoning, the rights of men, American values, or anything else... they just calculated that it's a good political play against the Democrats in the current political environment. So, the GOP can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.
    My view is that closed borders and restricted immigration were one thing lacking in the past that caused us to lose liberty and the problem only got worse as travel tech advanced.

If we had had more border and immigration control from the beginning we would be much better off.

The entire nation has an interest in border and immigration control and it should not be left up to the locals at entry points, they will be the most sympathetic to the foreigners who will try to subvert their policies in favor of themselves instead of the natives.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 01:13 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    ... it should not be left up to the locals...
    The problem with this view is that it retains the seed of tyranny by unnecessarily placing decision-making power in the hands of the central government. As Dave Smith goes on to argue in the podcast, if I invite you to visit me on my property (from wherever you may live), that's business between only you and me and is no concern of the State at all. But the central government spends an enormous amount of resources policing this kind of entry/exit, along with permanent immigration and naturalization. So, the true purpose of border controls is -- unsurprisingly -- not what the government explicitly states (keep the country safe, promote the long-term good of the country, etc.), it's something else. And until we talk about that "something else", we're just dancing around the real issue...

The problem with this view is that it retains the seed of tyranny by unnecessarily placing decision-making power in the hands of the central government. As Dave Smith goes on to argue in the podcast, if I invite you to visit me on my property (from wherever you may live), that's business between only you and me and is no concern of the State at all. But the central government spends an enormous amount of resources policing this kind of entry/exit, along with permanent immigration and naturalization. So, the true purpose of border controls is -- unsurprisingly -- not what the government explicitly states (keep the country safe, promote the long-term good of the country, etc.), it's something else. And until we talk about that "something else", we're just dancing around the real issue...
    The problem with your view is that it lets the local border authorities destroy the rest of the country for their own profit.
    Life is not perfect, immigration/border control is a national interest, some compromise with centralization is required.
    If you don't like it then secede, control your own border and we will control ours.
    Just because you claim that the person you invite for a temporary visit will not stay and head deeper into the country where they will try to vote and/or conquer by force doesn't mean the rest of us have to trust you or your visitor, you may be telling the truth but many others will not be.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The problem with your view is that it lets the local border authorities destroy the rest of the country for their own profit.
    Life is not perfect, immigration/border control is a national interest, some compromise with centralization is required.
    If you don't like it then secede, control your own border and we will control ours.
    Just because you claim that the person you invite for a temporary visit will not stay and head deeper into the country where they will try to vote and/or conquer by force doesn't mean the rest of us have to trust you or your visitor, you may be telling the truth but many others will not be.
    But it's not my duty to pay the costs of your local border defense. Prior to mechanization, it was common for cities to be walled or fortified or at least have some kind of defensive fallback. Sure, city walls are "ugly", but it's not society's duty to pay for the aesthetic preferences of people who prefer to have unwalled cities. If a city maintains Israeli-style security at its entry/exit-points, it doesn't matter what overseas guests/visitors I have on my ranch... they will not be able to enter that city. And that's the point -- the idea of a "sealed border" that is thousands of miles long (including thousands of miles of wilderness beach-front) is just silly. Even Britain cannot perfectly seal its borders, despite the fact that they are an island, their coast is far smaller than ours and they have little, if any, wilderness beaches. For this reason, it doesn't make sense to try to do demographic-control at the national scale, certainly in the US. It's just an exercise in absurdity, yet another statist delusion.

In addition, security does not come from "general absence of threats" any more than a virus can be contained by everybody wearing masks. If you have a soft target, you surround that target with a wall and keep it safe. If you have a virus that targets the elderly and immune-compromised, you segregate them and you carefully control entry/exit to minimize the probability that the infection enters. The inversion of obvious security realities is always motivated by political goals. In this case, it is GOP/Dem wrangling. GOP wants increased domestic MIC spending, Dems want demographic warfare at the voting booth and elsewhere. Both are garbage.

But it's not my duty to pay the costs of your local border defense. Prior to mechanization, it was common for cities to be walled or fortified or at least have some kind of defensive fallback. Sure, city walls are "ugly", but it's not society's duty to pay for the aesthetic preferences of people who prefer to have unwalled cities. If a city maintains Israeli-style security at its entry/exit-points, it doesn't matter what overseas guests/visitors I have on my ranch... they will not be able to enter that city. And that's the point -- the idea of a "sealed border" that is thousands of miles long (including thousands of miles of wilderness beach-front) is just silly. Even Britain cannot perfectly seal its borders, despite the fact that they are an island, their coast is far smaller than ours and they have little, if any, wilderness beaches. For this reason, it doesn't make sense to try to do demographic-control at the national scale, certainly in the US. It's just an exercise in absurdity, yet another statist delusion.

In addition, security does not come from "general absence of threats" any more than a virus can be contained by everybody wearing masks. If you have a soft target, you surround that target with a wall and keep it safe. If you have a virus that targets the elderly and immune-compromised, you segregate them and you carefully control entry/exit to minimize the probability that the infection enters. The inversion of obvious security realities is always motivated by political goals. In this case, it is GOP/Dem wrangling. GOP wants increased domestic MIC spending, Dems want demographic warfare at the voting booth and elsewhere. Both are garbage.
    It's my/our local border defense, it is our national border defense unless you secede.
    And a properly established invader can and will take cities by siege, that's why you keep them out of the land in the first place.
    They also infiltrate, agitate for citizenship, and vote illegally before getting it.
    You seem to ignore all of history in pursuit of open borders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's my/our local border defense, it is our national border defense unless you secede.
    Agreed. Obviously, a huge invasion of 10's of thousands of immigrants or a military land-invasion or anything like that is a collective security issue that would have to be addressed. Gradually sneaking in over time is also a problem, but it can be addressed through tracking and targeting, round-up and summary deportation. The point is that the GOP and aligned interests are promoting an impossible fantasy. We have no issues requiring a 30-foot tall steel/concrete fence on the northern border. That's because Canada has similar welfare-state policy as the US so Canadians won't bother immigrating here for the same handouts they already have at home. Rather than addressing the absurdity of the welfare-state policies and working to remove them, the GOP just wants to build a wall. That's called capitulation and, really, treachery. This was one of the main reasons I quit the Republican party after Bush II. I can imagine voting for Trump but I will never be a Republican again, not so long as they continue to be the "Marxism, but more gradually"-party. That is the unspoken reason behind all the political machinations surrounding the southern wall. If the GOP were addressing the root of the problem (welfare-State handouts), the incentive to cross the Southern border from Mexico would be massively lower, because those handouts would be far less than they are today. But the GOP has discovered the Fount of All Political Progress: blatantly lying to your base... such as saying you're "the party of small government", and then pork-barrelling the explicitly Marxist opposition to shame.

And a properly established invader can and will take cities by siege, that's why you keep them out of the land in the first place.
    These are all operational questions that can be negotiated between the States through the Federal mechanism. What we have now is a fantastical absurdity, an idol constructed to keep everybody busy arguing over whether they're for the idol or against the idol, instead of talking about the real issues, which go completely unaddressed.

They also infiltrate, agitate for citizenship, and vote illegally before getting it.
    That's why you need ID. I don't care why/how you got here, you can't vote without valid identification and registration. This is obvious.

You seem to ignore all of history in pursuit of open borders.
    "Open borders" is just a fnord now. It's designed to switch off the brain and reduce the discussion to monkey-mind chest-pounding. How open/closed the borders should be is not some kind of decision that is made for all time from my armchair or your armchair. If our country were functioning as the founders intended, that decision is partly the result of the states negotiating between each other, and partly the result of executive decision-making. For example, during a time of war, the borders might be sealed shut by the President for a duration. That makes sense. But when the crisis over, they would be completely reopened and trade/immigration would resume to its normal levels. What we have now is some kind of fantasy fiction designed to lure the masses into pointless debates over nothing. It's textbook Wag the Dog...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 08-07-2022 at 08:54 AM.

Agreed. Obviously, a huge invasion of 10's of thousands of immigrants or a military land-invasion or anything like that is a collective security issue that would have to be addressed. Gradually sneaking in over time is also a problem, but it can be addressed through tracking and targeting, round-up and summary deportation. The point is that the GOP and aligned interests are promoting an impossible fantasy. We have no issues requiring a 30-foot tall steel/concrete fence on the northern border. That's because Canada has similar welfare-state policy as the US so Canadians won't bother immigrating here for the same handouts they already have at home. Rather than addressing the absurdity of the welfare-state policies and working to remove them, the GOP just wants to build a wall. That's called capitulation and, really, treachery. This was one of the main reasons I quit the Republican party after Bush II. I can imagine voting for Trump but I will never be a Republican again, not so long as they continue to be the "Marxism, but more gradually"-party. That is the unspoken reason behind all the political machinations surrounding the southern wall. If the GOP were addressing the root of the problem (welfare-State handouts), the incentive to cross the Southern border from Mexico would be massively lower, because those handouts would be far less than they are today. But the GOP has discovered the Fount of All Political Progress: blatantly lying to your base... such as saying you're "the party of small government", and then pork-barrelling the explicitly Marxist opposition to shame.

These are all operational questions that can be negotiated between the States through the Federal mechanism. What we have now is a fantastical absurdity, an idol constructed to keep everybody busy arguing over whether they're for the idol or against the idol, instead of talking about the real issues, which go completely unaddressed.

That's why you need ID. I don't care why/how you got here, you can't vote without valid identification and registration. This is obvious.

"Open borders" is just a fnord now. It's designed to switch off the brain and reduce the discussion to monkey-mind chest-pounding. How open/closed the borders should be is not some kind of decision that is made for all time from my armchair or your armchair. If our country were functioning as the founders intended, that decision is partly the result of the states negotiating between each other, and partly the result of executive decision-making. For example, during a time of war, the borders might be sealed shut by the President for a duration. That makes sense. But when the crisis over, they would be completely reopened and trade/immigration would resume to its normal levels. What we have now is some kind of fantasy fiction designed to lure the masses into pointless debates over nothing. It's textbook Wag the Dog...
    They came before we had a welfare state because we had prosperity, then they helped create the welfare state.
    We will get rid of the welfare state much faster if we stop the invasion and a wall/heavy patrols are the way to do that.

The side that benefits politically from them either gets them citizenship or provides them with fraudulent ID, you can minimize the fraud but the more of them there are the harder it becomes.

Our ancestors failed to understand that to some extent all of life is a war, if you are to survive you must have some degree of wartime controls on immigration and trade both.
    Hard and low limits on immigration, tariffs that are higher on countries more opposed to you, and absolute embargoes on outright enemies like the CCP.
    We would not have the welfare state or any of the other infringements on our liberty, and we would be much richer and stronger if we had followed such policies from the beginning.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They came before we had a welfare state because we had prosperity, then they helped create the welfare state.
    I don't agree with this theory, I think it is historically unsound. It is based on a failure to correctly assess the immense effect of the Federal Reserve on US politics, beginning in 1913, and the world wars. No, we did not have a massive Mexican immigration problem in 1913.

The overriding purpose of the Federal Reserve -- far and above all other secondary purposes it may serve -- is (a) to fund political bribery (aka "lobbying", but it's not just lobbying when you have a printing-press) and (b) welfare for the rich (primarily in the form of bank bailouts). In other words, the Fed is socialism for the Davos class. All those billionaires are raking in fat, risk-free, guaranteed dividends because they are all part of a system that's "too big to fail" and guaranteed to be bailed out with the printing-press. These are mainly hereditary, old-world families, with a few nouveau-riche permitted to enter the club and learn the ropes if they prove to be sufficiently adept at licking boots. Between the establishment of the Fed, and the first and second world wars, there was a massive influx of political elites from other countries, to the US. Those immigres were the parents, grandparents or great-grandparents of the bureaucrats staffing all the Federal agencies, and the term-limit busting Congressional dinosaurs which we call "the Swamp".

So, the Swamp isn't just doe-eyed Red State politicians who flew off to Washington to fix the Social Security deficit, and then got bought out and corrupted by lobbyists. That's part of it, but those are actually the bit-players. The Swamp is deeply, deeply entrenched, and our foreign entanglements have brought alll the chickens home to roost, right in the place where they can do the most damage to ordinary Americans: Washington, DC. It was all fun when we were chanting Rah-Rah-Go-America, Bomb-Those-Towel-Heads, and other such single-digit IQ WWE nonsense. But the actual cost to us is the present political reality. We bombed foreign people and they sent their best minds over here to "persuade" us to change, that is, to infiltrate and subvert the Central Nervous System of American politics. And they have been wildly successful.

Yes, we have a demographic war being waged on our southern border but the lack of a wall is not even remotely close to being the cause of that war. It's just a band-aid that will help the DC Swamp ignore the problem and kick it down the another half-generation so our children will have to deal with it. Plus, it dovetails in many ways with the increase of Federal power, which DC always wants.

We will get rid of the welfare state much faster if we stop the invasion and a wall/heavy patrols are the way to do that.
    I would agree to many political changes if there were some real (tangible) concession of something else. For example, if we close all or nearly all overseas US military bases, I would consider it a fair trade to redirect the excess military personnel to border/coastal security (or support). Building a wall would be a trivial undertaking with those kinds of resources, so why not. But just adding more expenses/personnel to an already busted political problem is no real change. It's just throwing bad money after good. The Dems are also wrong, because they really do want the border to be open. I'm just saying that I see no reason to change the status quo until somebody proposes a policy-change that addresses the root-cause to at least some extent, even if small. I think Trump's policy is less bad than the Democrat policy, but the primary value would be if he is using it in the background to twist their arm on the underlying root-causes. I hope he is doing that, but there is no way for us to know from the outside. "Do X, or you get more wall" is just fine. But "More wall" all by itself is pointless. It will fail to accomplish what you hope for, and will end up just playing into the Swamp's hands, as always.

The side that benefits politically from them either gets them citizenship or provides them with fraudulent ID, you can minimize the fraud but the more of them there are the harder it becomes.
    Yes, demographic warfare is real, but you should always be suspicious of quick solutions to long-term problems.

Our ancestors failed to understand that to some extent all of life is a war, if you are to survive you must have some degree of wartime controls on immigration and trade both.
    I hard disagree. All of life is a war in this fallen world; as believers, we are to reject this world's "eat or be eaten"-calculus, lock, stock and barrel; and to the extent that the US is supposed to be a Christian nation, it would have to do likewise. As it stands, the US is a rank abomination in the sight of God. From a biblical standpoint, our nation is easily in the top-10 most evil nations in the world, maybe even top-5. We certainly do more total evil than any other nation... it's not even a competition. But some nations commit evils that are more deeply blasphemous to God, so it's a toss-up.

Hard and low limits on immigration, tariffs that are higher on countries more opposed to you, and absolute embargoes on outright enemies like the CCP.
    We would not have the welfare state or any of the other infringements on our liberty, and we would be much richer and stronger if we had followed such policies from the beginning.
    That's your view, but it's not the Republic that the founding Fathers wrote into the Constitution. We are to be a nation devoid of foreign entanglements, free and open to all alike who want to trade with our businessmen. Any American businessman who is trading with somebody overseas would only be doing so if it profits him. So, all voluntary trade is automatically profitable to the US. Economic warfare is poison and it's part of the poison by which the Fed/Swamp have tranq'd our entire country and rendered us completely helpless to their rapacious plunder. We participate in their poison to our own ruin. But I'm not naive, I know it's not going away. But I'm constantly reminded of that phrase in Ezekiel... "I will bring the most wicked of nations..." (Ez. 7:24) that is, I'm going to bring a people in judgment against you who do your own evil far better than you yourself do. Whether from within or without, I do not know, but I can see the setup already forming. The United States is about to be struck down to the ground like no nation has ever been struck before.

I don't agree with this theory, I think it is historically unsound.
    I don't think history has much to offer regarding insights on immigration policies.

Modern immigration is qualitatively different since the invention of the airplane. Historically, immigration had minimal impact on any society because a) immigration was rare because it was dangerous and difficult, and 2) most immigrants were from a relatively short distance away, and usually shared a similar language and culture.

Today, there is mass immigration from and to all over the place, resulting in irreconcilable clashes of culture and language that will inevitably result in conflict. People were not designed to mix this way. The "melting pot" theory of immigration is horse $#@!.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't agree with this theory, I think it is historically unsound. It is based on a failure to correctly assess the immense effect of the Federal Reserve on US politics, beginning in 1913, and the world wars. No, we did not have a massive Mexican immigration problem in 1913.

The overriding purpose of the Federal Reserve -- far and above all other secondary purposes it may serve -- is (a) to fund political bribery (aka "lobbying", but it's not just lobbying when you have a printing-press) and (b) welfare for the rich (primarily in the form of bank bailouts). In other words, the Fed is socialism for the Davos class. All those billionaires are raking in fat, risk-free, guaranteed dividends because they are all part of a system that's "too big to fail" and guaranteed to be bailed out with the printing-press. These are mainly hereditary, old-world families, with a few nouveau-riche permitted to enter the club and learn the ropes if they prove to be sufficiently adept at licking boots. Between the establishment of the Fed, and the first and second world wars, there was a massive influx of political elites from other countries, to the US. Those immigres were the parents, grandparents or great-grandparents of the bureaucrats staffing all the Federal agencies, and the term-limit busting Congressional dinosaurs which we call "the Swamp".

So, the Swamp isn't just doe-eyed Red State politicians who flew off to Washington to fix the Social Security deficit, and then got bought out and corrupted by lobbyists. That's part of it, but those are actually the bit-players. The Swamp is deeply, deeply entrenched, and our foreign entanglements have brought alll the chickens home to roost, right in the place where they can do the most damage to ordinary Americans: Washington, DC. It was all fun when we were chanting Rah-Rah-Go-America, Bomb-Those-Towel-Heads, and other such single-digit IQ WWE nonsense. But the actual cost to us is the present political reality. We bombed foreign people and they sent their best minds over here to "persuade" us to change, that is, to infiltrate and subvert the Central Nervous System of American politics. And they have been wildly successful.

Yes, we have a demographic war being waged on our southern border but the lack of a wall is not even remotely close to being the cause of that war. It's just a band-aid that will help the DC Swamp ignore the problem and kick it down the another half-generation so our children will have to deal with it. Plus, it dovetails in many ways with the increase of Federal power, which DC always wants.

I would agree to many political changes if there were some real (tangible) concession of something else. For example, if we close all or nearly all overseas US military bases, I would consider it a fair trade to redirect the excess military personnel to border/coastal security (or support). Building a wall would be a trivial undertaking with those kinds of resources, so why not. But just adding more expenses/personnel to an already busted political problem is no real change. It's just throwing bad money after good. The Dems are also wrong, because they really do want the border to be open. I'm just saying that I see no reason to change the status quo until somebody proposes a policy-change that addresses the root-cause to at least some extent, even if small. I think Trump's policy is less bad than the Democrat policy, but the primary value would be if he is using it in the background to twist their arm on the underlying root-causes. I hope he is doing that, but there is no way for us to know from the outside. "Do X, or you get more wall" is just fine. But "More wall" all by itself is pointless. It will fail to accomplish what you hope for, and will end up just playing into the Swamp's hands, as always.

Yes, demographic warfare is real, but you should always be suspicious of quick solutions to long-term problems.

I hard disagree. All of life is a war in this fallen world; as believers, we are to reject this world's "eat or be eaten"-calculus, lock, stock and barrel; and to the extent that the US is supposed to be a Christian nation, it would have to do likewise. As it stands, the US is a rank abomination in the sight of God. From a biblical standpoint, our nation is easily in the top-10 most evil nations in the world, maybe even top-5. We certainly do more total evil than any other nation... it's not even a competition. But some nations commit evils that are more deeply blasphemous to God, so it's a toss-up.

That's your view, but it's not the Republic that the founding Fathers wrote into the Constitution. We are to be a nation devoid of foreign entanglements, free and open to all alike who want to trade with our businessmen. Any American businessman who is trading with somebody overseas would only be doing so if it profits him. So, all voluntary trade is automatically profitable to the US. Economic warfare is poison and it's part of the poison by which the Fed/Swamp have tranq'd our entire country and rendered us completely helpless to their rapacious plunder. We participate in their poison to our own ruin. But I'm not naive, I know it's not going away. But I'm constantly reminded of that phrase in Ezekiel... "I will bring the most wicked of nations..." (Ez. 7:24) that is, I'm going to bring a people in judgment against you who do your own evil far better than you yourself do. Whether from within or without, I do not know, but I can see the setup already forming. The United States is about to be struck down to the ground like no nation has ever been struck before.
    I was not speaking only of Mexican immigrants but of immigrants in general who did not and do not share the history, values, and traditions of the founders and real Americans.
    You acknowledged that such were part of the problem.
    Things were bad enough before but they began to get much worse starting with the failed socialist revolutions in Europe in the 1840s and it only accelerated as technology advanced and the cities started to become equivalent to European cities so the newcomers didn't have to put up with frontier conditions.

We have to take whatever we can get to slow the bleeding and then reverse it when we can get it, Trump was getting us the wall and he had begun to bring home the troops.
    He was also working on cutting welfare for immigrants and citizens both.

It is true that as Christians we should not engage in offensive warfare for the sake of it just because the rest of the world does but we have a duty to engage in defensive warfare to protect ourselves and our posterity.
    And America has been hijacked to commit many evils, but we still do far less proportionally to our size and power than most other nations.

The founders were divided on the kind of economic defensive warfare I propose and the ones on my side were right.
    You can avoid foreign entanglements but you can't keep others from targeting you and manipulating any openings like trade against you.
    Economic warfare is poison, but if you don't defend yourself from it you will be poisoned even if you do not engage in it offensively.

The US is about to be redeemed like no other nation (save perhaps Biblical Israel) has ever been redeemed, a temporary punishment may be part of that process but it will not result in a permanent destruction yet because there is too much good left in her and too much of the evil has been imposed against the will of the people.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The US is about to be redeemed like no other nation (save perhaps Biblical Israel) has ever been redeemed, a temporary punishment may be part of that process but it will not result in a permanent destruction yet because there is too much good left in her and too much of the evil has been imposed against the will of the people.
    Perhaps. Time and tribulation suffering will tell for sure...

"YOUR WELCOME" with Michael Malice #219: Dave Smith
    Michael Malice (“YOUR WELCOME”) welcomes fan favorite, Dave Smith, back onto the show to discuss his recent appearance at Young Americans for Liberty, the victories of the Mises Caucus, and why no one hates Donald Trump more than he does.
    https://odysee.com/@MichaelMalice:6/...l-malice-219:5

Hotter Than The Sun w/ Scott Horton - Part Of The Problem 891
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Scott discuss the continued foreign policy failures that the U.S. government continues to make, detailed in his new book Hotter Than The Sun. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.7.22
    https://rumble.com/v1l19q0-hotter-th...oblem-891.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:45 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

Hotter Than The Sun w/ Scott Horton - Part Of The Problem 891
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem Dave and Scott discuss the continued foreign policy failures that the U.S. government continues to make, detailed in his new book Hotter Than The Sun. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.7.22
    https://rumble.com/v1l19q0-hotter-th...oblem-891.html
    The Recklessness of the Biden Administration
    In this clip from Part Of The Problem #891, Dave and Scott Horton discuss the issue of mutual destruction.
    https://rumble.com/v1l0lh7-the-reckl...istration.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:41 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

"YOUR WELCOME" with Michael Malice #219: Dave Smith
    Michael Malice (“YOUR WELCOME”) welcomes fan favorite, Dave Smith, back onto the show to discuss his recent appearance at Young Americans for Liberty, the victories of the Mises Caucus, and why no one hates Donald Trump more than he does.
    https://odysee.com/@MichaelMalice:6/...l-malice-219:5
    The actual discussion starts around the 20 minute mark. I never watch Michael Malice, so I don't know much about him, but I was kind of surprised that he didn’t know the difference between Young Americans for Liberty and Students for Liberty.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The Raid On Donald Trump's Home - Part Of The Problem 892
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave and Robbie discuss the Raid on Donald Trump's Florida home and what it means for American politics moving forward!
    https://rumble.com/v1l0ltf-the-raid-...oblem-892.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:25 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

The Deep State Shows Its Hand - Part Of The Problem 893
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem,Dave and Robbie take a look at the media reaction to the raid on Donald Trump's Florida home, and how the deep state has been looking for a way to disqualify Trump from running for office again. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.13.22
    https://rumble.com/v1l0ivv-the-deep-...oblem-893.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:28 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Future w/ Michael Malice - Part Of The Problem 894
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave and Michael discuss their concerns for the future, from the dramatic raid on Donald Trump's home, to the impact it will have on the upcoming election. We also hear about the Media backlash to the trumpianisim that is surging in American politics. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.15.22
    https://rumble.com/v1l06cr-the-futur...oblem-894.html
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 12-02-2022 at 12:28 AM. Reason: replaced YouTube with Rumble

The Forward Party - Part Of The Problem 895
    On this episode of Part Of The Problem, Dave and Robbie take a look at the Forward Party publicly stated policies, and the effectiveness of Andrew Yang as a candidate. This Episode Was Recorded On 8.17.22
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2LGRdjEK24

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast