Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Woods: Since We’re Losing, We Need a New Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    To me the strategy is very simple.

Oppose Marxist Democrats at every opportunity.

Work within the Republican party and continue to push the GOP in a more libertarian direction. Oppose liberal establishment Republicans. Primary them with more outsiders.

Don't alienate Republican allies because they aren't 100% libertarian. We can work with people that we have a ≈ 75% overlap with.

Using a 3rd party is a waste of valuable time.
    Pretty much this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Pretty much this.
    The good news is that Trump has driven many neocons back to the Democrat party. They are the ones that should leave the GOP. This one result of the last 4 years alone is a gift from Trump that is worthy of eternal thanks.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The good news is that Trump has driven many neocons back to the Democrat party. They are the ones that should leave the GOP. This one result of the last 4 years alone is a gift from Trump that is worthy of eternal thanks.
    Yeah Trump has a lot of flaws, but this is indeed a positive result.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I have meditated on this much. Enough to log back in for this comment.

I'm not so sure that's the good news anymore. They have proven more dedicated to militancy than to republicanism. Perhaps they were let go to easily, without a warning label attached. Watching "progressives" become corrupted by neoconservatism has not been a gentle four year experience for me, at least.

Hi everyone, hope you are well and God Bless you all. I know I'm on the right side here.

h@w
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

So, our stance on the LP, not so much national but even state LPs, is pretty much the same: waste of time.

Leverage the GOP and produce more liberty candidates through it? So, we get a few at the federal levels, what then?

I'm trying to decide on how much I want to support my state's LP. I'm trying to ponder how effective it would be vs. trying to stay within the traditional GOP circles...

Edit: It'd be nice if we could push out all neocons and big gov't. types out of the GOP, then that'd establish a truly second party. That would still leave two major factions within it: libertarians and conservatives. Historically, that's been a mixed bag.

This still leaves out voting manipulation as we saw in November, and things like D.C. and Puerto Rico becoming states that will heavily favor Dems. And the general fact that the entire system is broken and the empire is falling...

Which comes back to a question of: how can we politically break out of this cycle? It's very much play the game or walk away. The problem with walking away is the game is still being played behind us...
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 01-29-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    Media pushes the culture, and the culture pushes the political class - they are on the right track here! Liberals/the establishment have been all over this as long as media has existed!

I'm a true believer in the The Breitbart Doctrine - "the idea that "politics is downstream from culture" and that to change politics one must first change culture."

"to change politics you first have to change culture because politics flows from culture. If you want to change culture, you have to first understand what the units of culture are, and the people are the units of culture. So, if you want to change politics, you first have to change people to change culture.”

Comic books to video games to action movies to the text books used in k-12 to you name it - We need an all of above effort to change the media landscape!
    This is a very smart post (as are all of them in this thread). Hollywood and media, but I repeat myself, set the narrative and mind-control conditioning, which then eventually gives political cover to politicians implementing preplanned changes to society. Climate change and LGBT were cited in the thread and are both perfect examples of it. Tons of "documentaries", usually biased, are promoted for mass consumption for climate change agendas. It started with Gore's bs doc and has continued ever since. It's inserted into sitcom scripts so everyone knows "how important it is". It's simply seeding of thoughts. Same with LGBT. Put it on TV constantly and it'll eventually be accepted by at least half of the population when it's turned into legislation since Hollywood/media has already slowly changed the underlying culture. Peer pressure, injecting thoughts into younger people, normalizing what's otherwise considered different or inaccurate. Anyone remember when Ellen DeGeneres, iirc, kissing another woman on tv was a pearl clutching moment that was called ground-breaking and covered ad nausem by media at the time? Or men kissing on some primetime show?

Control media (culture), control politics.

---------------------

Since the LP doesn't approach politics as a military operation, while the leadership and strategizers of the duopoly do, the LP continues to flounder. It's just very difficult to regiment a party of independent, intelligent, generally anti-authority participants into being order following foot soldiers. It's possible but extremely difficult, especially without a central uniting force (like Dr. Paul was) driving it. In the end, organized politics is little more than glorified cult-building. How does one build and control a "cult" that is full of people who aren't easily brainwashed and don't easily follow orders and then get them to recruit others into the "cult"?
    Last edited by devil21; 02-09-2021 at 08:42 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Support your state's secession organization(s). Or just move to Texas.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Or create a new Free State Project. One that has balls and isn't afraid of taking over & seceding.

The FSP failed because it was too pussy to commit to anything bold.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Or buy a small country, from an existing country. The purchase price includes both the land and the legitimacy. This pretty much has never been tried. Closest analogue is Israel (which worked out well for them)
    - Kim Kardashian

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or Galt's Gulch it up in the middle of $#@!ing nowhere.

I know there's been a few projects like that. I wonder if any are having success.
    - Kim Kardashian

Or build an oil rig seasteading community and try to stay under the radar long enough to build a nuclear weapons program and then roll the dice on whether you get recognized as a country, or destroyed as a terrorist organization
    - Kim Kardashian

Or get on a ship and sail to Mars.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Support your state's secession organization(s). Or just move to Texas.
    Not that TX would need OK or anything, but I'd love if OK were to split off if/when TX ever does and we can create our own country together.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Not that TX would need OK or anything, but I'd love if OK were to split off if/when TX ever does and we can create our own country together.
    The Panhandle could, and should, as it was part of the Republic of Texas. But there was recently a court ruling re-establishing the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, which could set a precedent for all the Indian nations. I'm not sure I don't prefer that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The Panhandle could, and should, as it was part of the Republic of Texas. But there was recently a court ruling re-establishing the Muscogee (Creek) Nation, which could set a precedent for all the Indian nations. I'm not sure I don't prefer that.
    Ah, forgot about that one. Perhaps so.
    Then again, it could be detrimental to those not Native, as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Dave Smith wants to take over the Libertarian Party via the Mises Caucus. Is this something we should take more seriously? I don't know...
    I don't know. But that's a minnow trying to out muscle a guppy in order to fight a shark. To really be effective we need to build something from the ground up IMO.
    "From the ground up" is one of the three areas of focus for the Mises Caucus (see item #2 in the material quoted below).

THREAD: Support the Mises Caucus
    [N]ote that you do not have to join the Libertarian Party in order to support the Mises Caucus.

They also operate as an independent PAC to support libertarian candidates:

What Do My Donations to Mises PAC Go To?

2021 is an exciting year full of opportunities for the cause of liberty. The Mises Caucus will be focusing on 3 things in 2021 that your donations will help us pursue:

1. Issue Coalitions: Shutdowns, Gun Rights, Drug Decriminalization, Criminal Justice Reform and Occupational Licensing are all issues that we have been and will continue to mobilize our organizing teams around at the local and county level in 2021 through lobbying local legislators, knocking doors, and introducing nullification legislation.

2. Local-level Candidates: 2 of our endorsed and supported candidates were able to win their city council races in 2020: Kalish Morrow for Hanford City Council in California and Trisha Butler for Clarksville City Council in Tennessee. We would like to up our fundraising enough to be able to spend $30,000 on local level libertarian candidates across the country and get them over the hump to victory!

3. Events: We are organizing an event in Virginia on Saturday, 10/2/2021 at a yet-to-be disclosed venue. This event will serve as a pilot for our college campus education and recruitment program that, if successful, we will expand into a tour in 2022. This event will feature lectures by Tom Woods, Michael Boldin, Scott Horton, Michael Rectenwald and Maj Toure.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12