Thread: Approximate Apocalypse

Approximate Apocalypse

Consider this...

Long video. Short and sweet: A strong case that Jesus was born Nissan 1, 6 B.C.

Dead two days, rises the third.

Also, consider this...

https://www.cogwriter.com/six_thousa..._plan_6000.htm

Long article. Long story short, while the "official" God (Jewish) calendar says it's 5781, it may be closer to 5991, 9 years shy of 6000, then end of the "6th day".

Luke 3:23 "Jesus was about 30 when he began his ministry."

If we assume Jesus preached 3.5 years, was approximately 30 at the start of his ministry, and was born Nissan 1, 6 B.C., and we assume the Second Coming is the end of the 7 year apocalypse, which begins 2 figurative thousand-year 'days' after his death-resurrection-ascension, then we get an approximate start to the apocalypse as:

Jesus resurrects around 28.5 A.D. (34.5 A.D. (general belief of Jesus age at death/resurrection) - 6 B.C. correction)
    2 thousand-year days added to that gives us 2028.5 as the Second Coming
    Which puts the beginning of the 7 year at:

Mid-Year 2021.

Why does rising on third day play such a reoccurring role?

Consider this...

Most people would say Jesus immediately went into the wilderness to be tested after baptism. Mark and Luke both give this account. John seems to disagree, where a day-by-day account is given after His baptism. Notably, on the THIRD day, he performs His first miracle at a wedding in Cana. Scholars infer John's writing allows for gap, but in any case, whether it's the third day "after" the baptism, or the third day "counting" the baptism, it clearly says in John 2:1 "And the third day there was a marriage."

Is the apocalypse a marriage though?

Sure it is. Rev 19:7 "Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready."

The parallel is the Spirit and the Life. The Water and the Blood.

Jesus received the Spirit, and then three days later turns water into wine.

Similarly, the wedding/apocalypse is a transformation of a spiritual reality into a literal reality (the Kingdom).

The crucifixion is that great paradox of history where the King of Kings is killed by d-bags, but at the same time prophetically sealing all that is to follow.

Interesting-ly... where was there water and blood at the crucifixion? When Jesus died, he was pierced, and out came water, not blood. An unmistakable inversion.

I could go on, but food for thought.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 12-11-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I got kicked out of Sunday School for saying Dec 25th is not when Jesus was born. Because I worked summers on a farm when I was a child I knew lambs are born in spring and I also said that. So this to me feels like something I have always known even though expressing it to others often got me in trouble.