Thread: Can and Will Employers Mandate a COVID Vaccine?

Can and Will Employers Mandate a COVID Vaccine?

December 7, 2020
    by Chris Cerenelli

One Valley attorney we spoke to believes businesses will all but have to mandate the vaccine for their workers, though there will likely be a few exceptions for those who opt out.

The rollout of the COVID vaccine is already spawning a litany of questions, both from a health and legal standpoint.

"There have been cases, particularly under the flu vaccine...involving all kinds of employers, that case law exists," says Ira Mirkin, employment rights attorney with Green, Haines and Sgambati. He believes employers will be faced with a set of circumstances that will all but force them to require their workers get the shot.

"I would find it very surprising if the healthcare industry around here doesn't require it, they certainly will," Mirkin says. "Retail (establishments) where we have people that are in constant contact with the public...food service would certainly be one."

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has deemed COVID as a direct health threat, which gives employers more leeway to enact a vaccine mandate. But that standard likely wouldn't apply to people who work remotely or from home. Mirkin points out that while there's no legal precedent for cases involving a COVID vaccine, there are two probable exceptions to a vaccine mandate that employers will have to be very careful of in terms of liabilities.

People who have religious objections to vaccinations and those with underlying conditions that would qualify as disabilities that maybe are medically contraindicated," he says, adding that the most similar case law we could reference dates back roughly a decade to the H-1-N-1 pandemic and a vaccine created then.

https://www.wfmj.com/story/43020105/...-covid-vaccine

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Only if Biden wins
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Only if Biden wins
    Riiiiiight. Only if Biden "wins".

I would like to see your hard evidence that TSA, Hospitals, concert venues and ball stadiums, et al, will not require it if Trump wins.

Darn. I forgot. Substantiating any information is beyond your grasp

Only if Biden wins
    Trump shilling for the vaccine.

Biden saying he doesn't think it should be mandatory.

They play for the same team. It's political theater.

Trump saying the military should distribute the vaccine.

Cuomo threatens to sue Trump over vaccine distribution based on the falsehood that it will be done only through "Walgreens" and other private stores and they are "not in poor neighborhoods."

So Trump supporters will defend military distribution of vaccines because....it's Trump. Then liberals will turn around and demand military distribution of vaccines based on the twin lies that "the private sector just can't do it" (they distribute the flu vaccine every year), and that Trump is somehow only for private sector distribution (he's already on record SUPPORTING military distribution). So you essentially have the left and the right pushing the same thing....military distribution of vaccines. Rather than defending it as "not so bad" you should be asking yourself "why?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Trump shilling for the vaccine.

Biden saying he doesn't think it should be mandatory.

They play for the same team. It's political theater.

Trump saying the military should distribute the vaccine.

Cuomo threatens to sue Trump over vaccine distribution based on the falsehood that it will be done only through "Walgreens" and other private stores and they are "not in poor neighborhoods."

So Trump supporters will defend military distribution of vaccines because....it's Trump. Then liberals will turn around and demand military distribution of vaccines based on the twin lies that "the private sector just can't do it" (they distribute the flu vaccine every year), and that Trump is somehow only for private sector distribution (he's already on record SUPPORTING military distribution). So you essentially have the left and the right pushing the same thing....military distribution of vaccines. Rather than defending it as "not so bad" you should be asking yourself "why?"
    Again, he stated he would use the military to HELP distribute it, not administer it. That is a huge difference and we all know how he speaks. We will see how that happens soon and until then, what he stated doesn't bother me especially since it is NOT mandated.
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Again, he stated he would use the military to HELP distribute it, not administer it. That is a huge difference and we all know how he speaks. We will see how that happens soon and until then, what he stated doesn't bother me especially since it is NOT mandated.
    Riiiiiiiiiight.

Remembering that your man Trump is the one who diverted money, from UN and WHO, directly to the companies with direct ties to them. Trump, the businessman that he is, understands that government mandates can be voted out. So what better way than to FUND Public-Private ventures and let big business monopolize the world. Biden will in fact carry out the agenda, but he would have been too dumb to accomplish what the Businessman did.

Riiiiiiiiiight.

Remembering that your man Trump is the one who diverted money, from UN and WHO, directly to the companies with direct ties to them. Trump, the businessman that he is, understands that government mandates can be voted out. So what better way than to FUND Public-Private ventures and let big business monopolize the world. Biden will in fact carry out the agenda, but he would have been too dumb to accomplish what the Businessman did.
    Again, your fundamental core English comprehension fails. You keep twisting words just like CNN does.

Dictionary: Distribution
    noun:

the action or process of supplying goods to stores and other businesses that sell to consumers.
    Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can see how this will play out. All the mega corporations that worship at the altar of the elite cabal will require the vaccine. Small/medium independently owned businesses split 60/40 against along party lines.

The problem is there are less and less small/medium owned businesses thanks to lock downs. Since they are hurting the elites will no doubt make any government incentives they receive contingent on proving their employees are vaccinated. There is already talk off attaching a vaccine requirement to individual stimulus payments.

Again, your fundamental core English comprehension fails. You keep twisting words just like CNN does.

noun:

To be complicit
    adj:

the action or process of supplying goods to stores and other businesses that sell mandate to consumers citizens.

There. IFIFY.

Hopefully not. Certain industries like hospitals and other healthcare facilities definitely will mandate it.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 12-08-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Yeah and Biden said he's not going to make the vaccine mandatory. But unlike you, I have the good sense to know that neither Trump nor Biden can be trusted. And no. It's not a "huge difference." There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the military to be involved. You and the other shills refuse to answer the question of why the military needs be involved. You also ignore the fact that Trump is pushing democratic governors to accept the vaccine without question. The subliminal message there is that everyone should accept the vaccine without question.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

noun:

the action or process of supplying goods to stores and other businesses that sell to consumers.
    Why does the military need to be involved in distributing a civilian vaccine? And why won't you even attempt to answer that question?

Why does the military need to be involved in distributing a civilian vaccine? And why won't you even attempt to answer that question?
    He/she logs off every time we call him/her out. Until he/she refers to the playbook and logs back in again. Steady, consistent dialogue based upon confirmed facts, kind of puts them in a tizzy.

Yeah and Biden said he's not going to make the vaccine mandatory. But unlike you, I have the good sense to know that neither Trump nor Biden can be trusted. And no. It's not a "huge difference." There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for the military to be involved. You and the other shills refuse to answer the question of why the military needs be involved. You also ignore the fact that Trump is pushing democratic governors to accept the vaccine without question. The subliminal message there is that everyone should accept the vaccine without question.
    This cannot be said enough.

All sense of reason and philosophy has been lost on some people.

I think they can and many will.

I wouldn't take it for a job and wouldn't require it for an employee.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He/she logs off every time we call him/her out. Until he/she refers to the playbook and logs back in again. Steady, consistent dialogue based upon confirmed facts, kind of puts them in a tizzy.
    hey karen, my life is not wrapped around your stupid comments 24/7. I'm in and out of here at various times during the day. You are a classic narcissist.

Here is the EO he signed today. Nothing in it says anything about haveing the militery ADMINISTER the vaccine. He is going to use the military resources of TRANSPORTATION to get the vaccine distributed to all of the states. That's all....big deal. The military is trained for rapid mobilization and obviously can handle getting it out faster. On another note, I won't be taking it...lol....I already had it and I like millions of others, I'm immune. So I really could care less about this vaccine that the left made such a big deal about. Going to add this, if the left didn't make such a big deal about Trumps Chinese Virus response this wouldn't have even happened to begin with. They hammered him for a year now lying repeatedly about how Trump handled it. I guarantee the Democrats would have done far worse.....like force 100% of small businesses to go under by now with their silly lockdowns. Mask mandates even in your own homes. Forced vaccinations......if you think that Biden would have done much more than what you are trying to blame Trump for doing....you have a SERIOUS case of TDS!!!!

What a bunch of Karens....lmao

Executive Order on Ensuring Access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines
    HEALTHCARE

Issued on: December 8, 2020

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. Through unprecedented collaboration across the United States Government, industry, and international partners, the United States expects to soon have safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines available for the American people. To ensure the health and safety of our citizens, to strengthen our economy, and to enhance the security of our Nation, we must ensure that Americans have priority access to COVID-19 vaccines developed in the United States or procured by the United States Government (“United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines”).

Sec. 2. Policy. It is the policy of the United States to ensure Americans have priority access to free, safe, and effective COVID-19 vaccines. After ensuring the ability to meet the vaccination needs of the American people, it is in the interest of the United States to facilitate international access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines.

Sec. 3. American Access to COVID-19 Vaccines. (a) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, through Operation Warp Speed and with the support of the Secretary of Defense, shall ensure safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are available to the American people, coordinating with public and private entities — including State, territorial, and tribal governments, where appropriate — to enable the timely distribution of such vaccines.

(b) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of other executive departments and agencies (agencies), as appropriate, shall ensure that Americans have priority access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines, and shall ensure that the most vulnerable United States populations have first access to such vaccines.

(c) The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall ensure that a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses is available for all Americans who choose to be vaccinated in order to safeguard America from COVID-19.

Sec. 4. International Access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines. After determining that there exists a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses for all Americans who choose to be vaccinated, as required by section 3(b) of this order, the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development, the Chief Executive Officer of the United States International Development Finance Corporation, the Chairman and President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, and the heads of other agencies, shall facilitate international access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines for allies, partners, and others, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law.

Sec. 5. Coordination of International Access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines. Within 30 days of the date of this order, the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs shall coordinate development of an interagency strategy for the implementation of section 4 of this order.

Sec. 6. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
    December 8, 2020.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...d-19-vaccines/
    Last edited by showpan; 12-08-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson

hey karen, my life is not wrapped around your stupid comments 24/7. I'm in and out of here at various times during the day. You are a classic narcissist.

Here is the EO he signed today. Nothing in it says anything about haveing the militery ADMINISTER the vaccine. He is going to use the military resources of TRANSPORTATION to get the vaccine distributed to all of the states. That's all....big deal. The military is trained for rapid mobilization and obviously can handle getting it out faster. On another note, I won't be taking it...lol....I already had it and I like millions of others, I'm immune. So I really could care less about this vaccine that the left made such a big deal about. Going to add this, if the left didn't make such a big deal about Trumps Chinese Virus response this wouldn't have even happened to begin with. They hammered him for a year now lying repeatedly about how Trump handled it. I guarantee the Democrats would have done far worse.....like force 100% of small businesses to go under by now with their silly lockdowns. Mask mandates even in your own homes. Forced vaccinations......if you think that Biden would have done much more than what you are trying to blame Trump for doing....you have a SERIOUS case of TDS!!!!

What a bunch of Karens....lmao

Executive Order on Ensuring Access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines
    HEALTHCARE

Issued on: December 8, 2020

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. Through unprecedented collaboration across the United States Government, industry, and international partners, the United States expects to soon have safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines available for the American people. To ensure the health and safety of our citizens, to strengthen our economy, and to enhance the security of our Nation, we must ensure that Americans have priority access to COVID-19 vaccines developed in the United States or procured by the United States Government (“United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines”).

Sec. 2. Policy. It is the policy of the United States to ensure Americans have priority access to free, safe, and effective COVID-19 vaccines. After ensuring the ability to meet the vaccination needs of the American people, it is in the interest of the United States to facilitate international access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines.

Sec. 3. American Access to COVID-19 Vaccines. (a) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, through Operation Warp Speed and with the support of the Secretary of Defense, shall ensure safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are available to the American people, coordinating with public and private entities — including State, territorial, and tribal governments, where appropriate — to enable the timely distribution of such vaccines.

(b) The Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense and the heads of other executive departments and agencies (agencies), as appropriate, shall ensure that Americans have priority access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines, and shall ensure that the most vulnerable United States populations have first access to such vaccines.

(c) The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall ensure that a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses is available for all Americans who choose to be vaccinated in order to safeguard America from COVID-19.

Sec. 4. International Access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines. After determining that there exists a sufficient supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses for all Americans who choose to be vaccinated, as required by section 3(b) of this order, the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development, the Chief Executive Officer of the United States International Development Finance Corporation, the Chairman and President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States, and the heads of other agencies, shall facilitate international access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines for allies, partners, and others, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law.

Sec. 5. Coordination of International Access to United States Government COVID-19 Vaccines. Within 30 days of the date of this order, the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs shall coordinate development of an interagency strategy for the implementation of section 4 of this order.

Sec. 6. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
    December 8, 2020.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...d-19-vaccines/

Thanks for bolding Sec. 3. You saved me the trouble.

I am a he, not a she. Which makes you still wrong.

Thanks for bolding Sec. 3. You saved me the trouble.

I am a he, not a she. Which makes you still wrong.

I didn't assume your gender...lol....it's just that the name Karen fits sometimes. What do you think they would call you in the Marines?....lmao...I'm actually being nice
    Thomas Jefferson

I didn't assume your gender...lol....it's just that the name Karen fits sometimes. What do you think they would call you in the Marines?....lmao...I'm actually being nice
    It is retarded to the max to pretend that employers are qualified to manage INFORMED CONSENT issues,

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    It is retarded to the max to pretend that employers are qualified to manage INFORMED CONSENT issues,
    You are preaching to the choir. I also believe drug tests are unconstitutional and an illegal invasion of privacy yet I take one in order to keep my job. It might not be a legitimate sample they get...lol... but then f them. they don't have the right.
    Thomas Jefferson