Thread: The Mainstream Press Has Failed America

The Mainstream Press Has Failed America

Written by Jacob G. Hornberger - Wednesday December 2, 2020

While President Trump continues to maintain that the presidential election was marred by massive fraud, the mainstream press continues to maintain that Trump’s charges are “false” and “baseless” and that his allegations are damaging trust in America’s democratic electoral system.

Actually, however, it’s the other way around: It’s the mainstream press, owing to its extreme deferential attitude toward the Washington, D.C., establishment, that has severely damaged trust in America’s democratic system.

Of course, this isn’t the first election in which the losing side has charged that he has been cheated out of his victory. In virtually every election cycle, there is at least one political candidate that charges that he lost because of fraud committed by the other side.

But let’s face it: Sometimes there is fraud. As I have pointed out before (see here and here and here), there is now no doubt that Lyndon Johnson employed fraud to win the 1948 US Senate race in Texas against popular Governor Coke Stevenson. Johnson told a South Texas crony who controlled some South Texas counties to keep his poll results open in case Johnson needed extra votes to win.

When the vote-counting was over, Johnson did need a few more votes to win. He called his crony, a man named George Parr, and Parr ordered a local election judge to produce 200 additional votes for LBJ, which then gave Johnson the win. Many years later, the election judge confirmed that he had done this. The 200 signatures on the voter list were all in the same ink, and the names of the 200 voters were in alphabetical order.
    The problem with the mainstream press in the Trump-Biden race is the speed by which it concluded that the 2020 presidential election was not marred by fraud. It reached its conclusion before the election was even over.

Now, it’s very possible that Trump’s assertions are, in fact, false and baseless, but how could the mainstream press know that before or immediately after the election without even the semblance of any press investigation into the allegations?

Perhaps the mainstream press believed that the stealing of an election through fraud is simply inconceivable. But how can it be inconceivable when it is undisputed that LBJ won his Senate race through fraud? If it happened once, doesn’t that negate the idea of inconceivability?
    Now, I’m not saying that the mainstream press should go out and investigate every charge of fraud that every loser of a political race makes. What I am saying is that when there are extreme anomalies with respect to votes, as there have been in the Trump-Biden race, it is incumbent on an independent press to severely scrutinize them. Extreme anomalies, of course, don’t equate to fraud but they do equate — or should equate — to the need for extremely careful scrutiny to ensure that there is no fraud.
    More: http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...ailed-america/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1334212034808991746
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The MSM has almost always failed America. Today they are just more blatant about it.

allegations are damaging trust in America's democratic electoral system
    Thats a good thing. America was not founded as a democracy. The Founders hated democracy due to how flawed of a system it was.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Deja Vu all over again
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Call it what it is... The Oligarchal Propaganda Press. All MSM is owned by, what?, 7-10 individuals?

Here is what I can tell you from my history of experiences dealing with the news media.

The news media is owned by authoritarian, violent and sadistic Billionaire elites that pay Millionaires cut from the same cloth to keep their subjects in line through propaganda. Seeing themselves as some form of unnamed royalty they look down on the majority of Americans as peasants, laugh on how they are able to herd us like cattle and ability to conceal their lies from the masses.

They use their power to buy law enforcement at all levels of government to keep people in the know from exposing the truth through violence. Besides violence they use a variety of other mind blowing methods to silence whistle blowers which affect every aspect of the whistle blowers life to keep a person quiet. They buy alliances against you and when money is involved philosophy does not matter to any of these wealthy news media people. They take the cash without any sense of morality or decency.

They accuse you of crimes they commit to keep you quiet. The problem crosses party lines including in the news media. They are not the people they present themselves as on TV and rather behave like they are American royalty for which we are all seen as beneath them.

There are no heroes in the news media coming to save you. They are telling you want you want to hear when necessary to keep you in-line. None of them should be looked upon fondly or to confirm your opinion on issues. That is what they want so they can control you and steer you in the right direction each time the time comes.

The same Mainstream News Press which will be urging how important and socially acceptably it is to get a covid vaccine.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Marxist media organs have done what they always do, since 1930 or so.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

MSM is a PAWN that the elite are willing to sacrifice in order to win an END GAME. There will be a replacement however. MINISTRY OF TRUTH.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Here is what I can tell you from my history of experiences dealing with the news media.

The news media is owned by authoritarian, violent and sadistic Billionaire elites that pay Millionaires cut from the same cloth to keep their subjects in line through propaganda. Seeing themselves as some form of unnamed royalty they look down on the majority of Americans as peasants, laugh on how they are able to herd us like cattle and ability to conceal their lies from the masses.

They use their power to buy law enforcement at all levels of government to keep people in the know from exposing the truth through violence. Besides violence they use a variety of other mind blowing methods to silence whistle blowers which affect every aspect of the whistle blowers life to keep a person quiet. They buy alliances against you and when money is involved philosophy does not matter to any of these wealthy news media people. They take the cash without any sense of morality or decency.

They accuse you of crimes they commit to keep you quiet. The problem crosses party lines including in the news media. They are not the people they present themselves as on TV and rather behave like they are American royalty for which we are all seen as beneath them.

There are no heroes in the news media coming to save you. They are telling you want you want to hear when necessary to keep you in-line. None of them should be looked upon fondly or to confirm your opinion on issues. That is what they want so they can control you and steer you in the right direction each time the time comes.
    As shown by Senator Church and ignored and covered up by the MSM is the fact that the CIA controls the media:

In the early 1950’s, CIA launched a propaganda program put together utilizing the expansive media machine within the United States. This program, called Operation Mockingbird, is probably the most important vehicle ever for the power that is behind the CIA to control and manipulate the public. Mockingbird is perhaps the most devastating Intel project ever inflicted on the American people and democracy in the United States. Today most people have never heard of it,

The one factor that has made this reality possible is that the mainstream media has been in bed with the Central Intelligence Agency since the early 1950’s. But without the work of Senator Frank Church and his “Church Committee” finding out about the CIA media program (Operation Mockingbird),

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Marxist media organs have done what they always do, since 1930 or so.
    Or even further back, since Abraham Lincoln was reading Karl Marx's articles in the New York Daily Tribune.

While accurate statement, it is incomplete diagnosis.

Corporate media aka "Press", DollarCracy aka "Demoratic System", Mainstream Politicians aka puppets of Deep Pockets, Complacenet Masses not taking responsibility for 'Fool me 1.0/2.0/3.0 ...' rinse repeats are all responsible for getting us where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    As shown by Senator Church and ignored and covered up by the MSM is the fact that the CIA controls the media:

In the early 1950’s, CIA launched a propaganda program put together utilizing the expansive media machine within the United States. This program, called Operation Mockingbird, is probably the most important vehicle ever for the power that is behind the CIA to control and manipulate the public. Mockingbird is perhaps the most devastating Intel project ever inflicted on the American people and democracy in the United States. Today most people have never heard of it,

The one factor that has made this reality possible is that the mainstream media has been in bed with the Central Intelligence Agency since the early 1950’s. But without the work of Senator Frank Church and his “Church Committee” finding out about the CIA media program (Operation Mockingbird),

Pretty much...
    ''There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.'' ~ Mort Sahl

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    MSM is a PAWN that the elite are willing to sacrifice in order to win an END GAME. There will be a replacement however. MINISTRY OF TRUTH.
    Considering their vast wealth and their use of the news media properties as propaganda tools, the little in Ad dollars they lose is insignificant. I would not describe any of them as pawns but rather more like fervent believers, followers and wannabees. They are all on the same side and share the same believe system.

The lesser people are elitist wannabes. They seek the elite social circles for deals to enrich themselves and attain greater power. Even the lesser hosts with podcasts want to continue to get invited to those elite parties and establish better connections with the elites. They will not do anything to jeopardize that. At these parties of course are other billionaires, millionaires and Hollywood elites.

Another side of this that should not be understated is that it is really like high school for adults and the elites are the cool kids that these people want to be a part of.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.