Thread: RIP Hal Ketchum 1953-2020

RIP Hal Ketchum 1953-2020

"With great sadness and grief we announce that Hal passed away peacefully last night at home due to complications of Dementia. May his music live on forever in your hearts and bring you peace."
    http://www.halketchum.com/home.html

"Strangely enough, the latest release from Ketchum — now 61 years old — brings to mind the thrill of his earliest albums. Back then, Ketchum was a young cabinet maker from Gruene, TX, who wrote his own songs about love, longing, and life in the American South. He hit the country market shortly after artists like Lyle Lovett, Steve Earle, and Travis Tritt, three likeminded troubadours who also wrote their own material. A bemused Earle called the movement "the great credibility scare of 1990," laughing at the fact that country music — typically a conservative genre — was suddenly being steered by young, creative wild men. "
    http://www.halketchum.com/bio-1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you never followed country, then check out Ketchum's signature song. It's one of those under three minute songs that packs a wallop.

You'll be hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Yeah, this happened before Thanksgiving. 2020 has been especially hard on the outlaw country/troubadour types.

John Prine
    Jerry Jeff Walker
    Billy Joe Shaver
    David Olney
    Charlie Daniels...

Might even consider Kenny Rogers in that group.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Of course “Past The Point of Rescue” was is a great song but honestly his body of work worth a listen. Here’s a great two-step ... RIP

"Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

RIP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-21-2020 at 06:48 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    He was an old high school friend when we were growing up in the little village of Greenwich (Green-witch, not Gren-itch); about 15 miles East of the Saratoga race track in Upstate New York. His family lived a hundred yards or so from my grandparents. His mom was an administrator at the local high school - so she was everybody's second mom. Hal played on the school football, basketball and (if I recall correctly) baseball teams. He was a popular guy, really down to Earth, who was king of his prom. Never had a bad word to say about anybody. Stood up for his friends when they needed backup (all kinds of stories there). He was a year ahead of me in school; and would occasionally give me some artwork for the humor magazine I edited (though it was difficult to get him to meet a deadline). I only ever recall him playing guitar on his front porch - anytime else, he had drum sticks in his hands, and played drums in a local rock band. I hadn't seen him since 1973, when he was still painting houses in town.

Small towns love it when a local boy makes the big time - see here.
    Neat story. My nephew got married in Saratoga: it's really beautiful up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.