Thread: National Association of REALTORS threatens to "cancel" members free speech

National Association of REALTORS threatens to "cancel" members free speech

The latest to join the policing of so-called “hate speech” off the job? The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR). And here you thought they just sold houses.

According to PJ Media, the board of directors for the NAR has approved a measure banning hate speech and discrimination—which sounds like a worthy cause on its face. However, this new policy goes far beyond an agent’s real estate practice, and extends to an agent’s personal conduct, including on non-professional social media accounts.

“REALTORS® who engage in hate speech or discriminatory conduct even outside of their real estate practice could face disciplinary action under the Code of Ethics,” REALTOR® Magazine reported.

“The National Association of REALTORS® Board of Directors…approved a proposal intended to hold members to a higher standard of ethics in everything they do.”
    Have you seen what passes for “hate speech” these days? Well, if you’re to believe something like Fakebook, merely having a differing opinion about COVID-19 can be construed as hate speech. Have a personal, religious objection to something such as gay marriage or abortion on demand? This can also be considered “hate speech” in some cases.

Clearly, speech which is racist and is posted on social media is probably an area that the NAR would want to get involved. However, in the year 2020, “hate speech” has evolved into pretty much anything that doesn’t follow the far-left, liberal, good time rock and roll version of things.

Doubt me? Supporters of President Trump have been referred to as “racists, homophobes, misogynists,” and any other number of inaccurate, ridiculous terms.
    The new rule came about, as noted in REALTOR® Magazine that the:

“Professional Standards Committee first developed the new rules this past summer after nationwide social unrest following the death of George Floyd. Local, state and national REALTOR® associations reported receiving an ‘unprecedented’ number of complaints about members posting hate speech on social media.”

The NAR didn’t appear to detail what those “hate speech” remarks were, however if they were attributed to someone being opposed to the Black Lives Matter organization as opposed to the movement, would that be something considered to be hate speech?

Many Americans, of course mostly conservatives, dispute the notion that the United States is a “systemically racist” country. Is that hate speech, to deny that? Who knows?
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ew-rule-op-ed/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So much for them believing in the First Amendment.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The First Amendment applies to governmental action, not to that of a private organization.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The First Amendment applies to governmental action, not to that of a private organization.
    Nope
    Anyone who takes away my speech IS government
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

But hate Towards White People is acceptable.

It looks like NAR has been tipped off as to what demographic will be the predominate buyers in the very near future.

And the token whiteys better mind their tongues if they want a roof over their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    But hate Towards White People is acceptable DEMANDED.
    FIFY
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    He never said otherwise.

Also, for those who don't know. Sonny Tufts is paid to post here on behalf of a liberal organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like I'm making sure my agent isn't a "REALTOR".

There is no such thing as "hate speech." There is no scientific instrument measuring hate.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Looks like I'm making sure my agent isn't a "REALTOR".
    Yep. Either go to the competition or do FSBO (for sale by owner).

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Yep. Either go to the competition or do FSBO (for sale by owner).
    You could go that route. But, you'd better know what you are doing. My missus is an N.C. Realtor. She's done over $100k this year in commission. I've seen her save deals which otherwise couldn't be saved. I've been awakened by text messages to her at 2AM that she immediately answered back. I've seen her have to leave on a Sunday during a family get together to show a house because a buyer called. I've seen her get all the buyers/sellers agreements together on a holiday. I've listened to her describe in detail to other agent the exact law for this, that or the other time and again because she has over 30 yrs. experience. And though you won't see any of her political views on FB (all about the doggo, the grandkids and recipes) I can assure you she earns every penny and is worth every cent.

Calling the largest bedroom the master bedroom is now hate speech. Seriously.

Booo free association boooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

If you willingly enter into this org, you willingly submit to the rules they have. That is the power of consent. You still have freedom to say whatever you want, but you've given them the power to hurt you for it.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep