Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Congresswoman: "Taxation Is Theft"

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Let me get this straight. You quote Ron Paul for the idea of tariffs being bad but you support a tax for just being alive and making over the poverty level? That...that's your argument? A capitation tax is still an income tax. Ron Paul on user fees and tariffs versus the income tax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bAVJ6ZdnI

That doesn't stop international merchants from pushing for war. It's not just the short term gains that some definitely make. It's the long term gains. The banana wars profited Dole long after the war was over.

The founders would have never gone for your capitation scheme. The did agree with tariffs. But also GovFundMe couldn't exist in 1776 because there was no internet.

The only acceptable income tax is zero. I agree with Ron Paul. User fees and tariffs can take care of the level of spending that's required for the type of government you say you want. A capitation tax would be tyranny.
    Wheee! I actually don't disagree greatly with a lot you've been saying throughout this thread, but I have some things to address. I'm a very busy man today, so it might be tomorrow before I get there.

Briefly, regarding being taxed for being alive: I don't care for taxes at all! And I generally agree with the quote in the title of this thread. Just looking for the best method for the collection of such revenue while it is a necessary evil.

See ya soon! ;D

PS: The Doc looked so lively in that video! Not too many years ago. Maybe just the euphoria and adrenaline of a freedom rally?
    Last edited by Badnon Wissenshaftler; 12-01-2020 at 06:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    1. Tariffs and import quotas usually reduce general economic welfare. (93%) http://gregmankiw.blogspot.com/2009/...sts-agree.html
    Quote Originally Posted by danda View Post
    Hey nice list. That's a good find.
    From your "list that can't be questioned."

Fiscal policy (e.g., tax cut and/or government expenditure increase) has a significant stimulative impact on a less than fully employed economy. (90%)

LOL Keynesian economics FTW? But this is what we end up with. Increased spending. Increased deficits. Increased regulation. The "inflation tax." Taxes ultimately get increased anyway cause...reasons. Choking of the internal economy. Increased globalism. Less freedom.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Aren't those the only constitutional taxes, excise and tariffs?

Just FYI.

"No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken." United States Constitution, Article 1, 9, cl. 4

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post

Just FYI.

"No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken." United States Constitution, Article 1, 9, cl. 4

See also I.8.1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Might I invite everyone to continue discussion regarding taxation on a thread I began a while back?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...kable-Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    From your "list that can't be questioned."

Fiscal policy (e.g., tax cut and/or government expenditure increase) has a significant stimulative impact on a less than fully employed economy. (90%)

LOL Keynesian economics FTW? But this is what we end up with. Increased spending. Increased deficits. Increased regulation. The "inflation tax." Taxes ultimately get increased anyway cause...reasons. Choking of the internal economy. Increased globalism. Less freedom.
    I hear that a hit of cocaine has a significant stimulative impact on a cocaine addict. Few would debate that, but likewise few would advocate continuing such a course indefinitely.

Likewise, I believe that even Austrians economists will not debate that government spending can stimulate the economy... increase the velocity of money, etc. They simply believe that, in addition to being immoral, it sows the seeds of further problems down the road,

In both cases, the only healthy answer is to stop taking the drug. Hopefully in such a manner as to avoid severe withdrawal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Amash is done right?

That sucks.

I think she would have signed onto team Rand, Massie and Amash.

Although I bet you she'll fail the foreign empire test.
    Nah, Q talks about never ending wars and the MIC all the time.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123