Thread: State Legislatures should choose electors every election

State Legislatures should choose electors every election

The rural people are not well represented in Presidential elections. The Presidential candidates campaign in large cities instead of going to rural areas. If a candidate said they were against income taxes then rural citizens can go to their State representatives and ask them to vote for the candidate willing to abolish the IRS and that candidate would have a good chance of winning the election.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As a result of the electoral college, rural people are actually very well represented in presidential elections. The importance of a single vote in a less populated state is significantly more than a vote in a populous state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    As a result of the electoral college, rural people are actually very well represented in presidential elections. The importance of a single vote in a less populated state is significantly more than a vote in a populous state.
    I meant rural people within a State are less represented than urban people within a State.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:50 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

I only have faith in a handful of current legislators.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Which means they'll be less well represented within the state legislatures as well.
    No, because most of each State is rural and there is a senator and reps in every county. In typical Presidential elections the candidates stop mostly in only major cities.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I only have faith in a handful of current legislators.
    It could also be that less people pay attention to state and local elections which is why we got in the mess with the lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    It could also be that less people pay attention to state and local elections which is why we got in the mess with the lockdowns.
    We have fantasy football. We should have fantasy government. I could deal with a Kristi Noem, Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, Jim Jordan to name a few.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    We have fantasy football. We should have fantasy government. I could deal with a Kristi Noem, Thomas Massie, Rand Paul, Jim Jordan to name a few.
    The problem might not be the players but the actual game and rules.

Cities should not be dictating anything period. I have more in common with people that live in rural areas and suburbs.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:49 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    I meant rural people within a State are less represented than urban people within a State.
    They'd be represented exactly the same in the state house.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They'd be represented exactly the same in the state house.
    Yes, but they are not represented when it comes to the popular vote within a State regarding the Presidential Election.