Thread: Glenn Greenwald: Nothing Trump Did Compares to the 'Moral Evil' of Bush's and Obama's Wars

Lightbulb Glenn Greenwald: Nothing Trump Did Compares to the 'Moral Evil' of Bush's and Obama's Wars

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like what he said about not voting for anyone and why.

Greenwald is left leaning with integrity.

Plus he can think for himself

Exactly, his refusal to start WW3 by attacking Iran, Russia and China subjected him to a coup disguised as an impeachment, deprived of a 2nd term via election fraud and to be labeled as a threat to national security by the warmongers and Neonazies.

I agree, so far... let's hope it stays that way.

That's because Trump has yet to star any new wars.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Does that not count?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

Does that not count?
    As bad as Qaddafi was---what comes next in Libya will be worse---just watch.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...84327581949952

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    As bad as Qaddafi was---what comes next in Libya will be worse---just watch.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...84327581949952
    So, it's okay that he supported it because he knew it was going to be a disaster...?

Isn't that even worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I agree, so far... let's hope it stays that way.
    ^this.

He gets some credit but not any medals ( as unfair as it may seem since his bud Obama got a Nobel prize medal). He was following populist public opinion mostly, thanks to Bush-Obama blunders there was tremendous wars fatigue among public.
    If he were in office at a time when Iraq and Afghan wars were supported by 70% of Americans and 90% of Republicans, what would he have done?
    Did he do anything major during his term that was against popular opinions? No significant thing comes to mind right now.

Glenn is right on. I have had this conversation with Trump haters and asked them what really did he do to you? Predictably foaming at the mouth about Trump racist supremacist "dog whistles" typical four years of media propaganda. I said did you know Trump has freed more young Black men from jail than any other president? Has never started a war? Stopped TPP? Of course then the lib is too stupid to know what TPP is, and I explain globalist jobs to China policies. Then I show them youtubes of Black voters for Trump.

I say DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT A POLITICIAN SAYS LOOK AT WHAT HE DOES. That's why so many Black men are for Trump. Three strikes you're out was all Biden-Hillary-Clinton. They know which party pretends to be your friend, and which one follows through with action.

I don't understand his position.... Trump supported each and every one of those wars, didn't end any himself, and initiated hostilities against 2 (arguably 3 if you include Russia) countries which we'd not been in a shooting war with previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

They hated Trump because he starved the MIC Beast for four years straight. If Trump had "played ball", they wouldn't have cared about the border or any of the other crap they kept complaining about. They love violence, they worship violence, they have an infinite appetite for violence and anything that gets in between them and the "beautiful" footage of US munitions falling on foreign lands (quote-marks are from a remark made by Brian Williams, I'll search it up if you need a reference) is literally the devil. By starving the MIC Beast, Trump has committed the unpardonable sin. Death is too good for him. They want nothing less than medieval public punishment. Strip him, whip him... hell, bring back crucifixion. It should go on for days. That's the true mindset behind the MIC Beast.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    They hated Trump because he starved the MIC Beast for four years straight. If Trump had "played ball", they wouldn't have cared about the border or any of the other crap they kept complaining about. They love violence, they worship violence, they have an infinite appetite for violence and anything that gets in between them and the "beautiful" footage of US munitions falling on foreign lands (quote-marks are from a remark made by Brian Williams, I'll search it up if you need a reference) is literally the devil. By starving the MIC Beast, Trump has committed the unpardonable sin. Death is too good for him. They want nothing less than medieval public punishment. Strip him, whip him... hell, bring back crucifixion. It should go on for days. That's the true mindset behind the MIC Beast.
    Yes he didn't give them their sacrifice of millions of third world babies like Bush and Obama did, which infuriates them. He talked tough but never bomb baby bombed. A horrific terrifying feeling of being nowhere to hide before impending violent death. They masturbate when the bombs are falling that's how sick they are.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I don't understand his position.... Trump supported each and every one of those wars, didn't end any himself, and initiated hostilities against 2 (arguably 3 if you include Russia) countries which we'd not been in a shooting war with previously.
    once russia invades the ukraine and biden attacks russia everyone will forget obama, i'm just hoping he doesnt reinvade iraq , afghanistan and invade syria first. Trump will be a non factor in the histories of wars I imagine .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    once russia invades the ukraine and biden attacks russia everyone will forget obama, i'm just hoping he doesnt reinvade iraq , afghanistan and invade syria first.
    When none of those things happen, will your mind change at all?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    When none of those things happen, will your mind change at all?
    Why should it? Even with any strikes you may be inclined to give Trump, he was easily the least warlike President in at least 40 years. It's not even debatable.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Two wars, Trump and the miraculous rehabilitation of George Bush

When Bush left office, with his two calamitous wars still raging and only a third of Americans approving of his job performance, it would have been hard to imagine his image would ever recover, writes Ben Terris

In early July, on the very same day the Pentagon announced it had completed 90 per cent of the planned withdrawal from Afghanistan, former president George W Bush sat for a rare, nationally televised interview.

“Happy birthday, Dad!” shouted his daughter Jenna Bush Hager, a co-host of the Today show.
    Later in the interview, she asked: “Do you feel 75?”
    “Well, it just seemed like yesterday I felt like I was 74,” said the ex-president, from his house in Maine, looking very retired in a blue polo shirt and flashing that familiar smirk.
    “I wanna know,” asked the other host, Hoda Kotb, later in the segment, “if Jenna gives you really cool gifts?”
    “One year she gave me a poo-poo cushion,” said Bush.
    “Dad!” the former first daughter sighed. “A poo-poo cushion is not the name of it! A whoopee cushion!”

An enhanced interrogation, this was not.
    When Bush left office, with his two calamitous wars still raging and only a third of Americans approving of his job performance, it would have been hard to imagine a network treating him like a goofy dad whose most noteworthy intelligence failure might be flubbing the name of a false fart bag. But a lot has happened since 2009.
    Bush may have started the Iraq War on false pretences, but at least he hadn’t inspired an insurrection that turned the US Capitol into a combat zone. At least he had made efforts to distance himself from the racists and xenophobes in his party rather than cultivate their support. At least he hadn’t gone so far as to call his domestic adversaries “evil”.
    “He looks like the Babe Ruth of presidents when you compare him to Trump,” former Senate majority leader and onetime Bush nemesis Harry Reid, D-Nev, says in an interview. “Now, I look back on Bush with a degree of nostalgia, with some affection, which I never thought I would do.”
    “I was so aghast at Trump that I unfortunately didn’t have space left to be mad at Bush,” says Jason Kander, a Democratic politician who served in Afghanistan. “In comparison to Trump, I am able to look at Bush and say: at least that guy was trying.”
    It’s a lot to ask for people to remember how long Bush stayed on vacation before turning his attention to Hurricane Katrina
    “People have a more benign, almost fond view of him – common to almost all ex-presidents,” the comic-strip artist and frequent Bush critic Garry Trudeau tells The Washington Post in an email, “and I assume he likes it that way.”
    Behold, the incredible disappearing Dubya.
    The former boogeyman of the American left, once viewed as rash, incurious and overly trusting of his gut, has been eclipsed by an even more absurd, menacing figure.
    Meanwhile, the American right has kicked him down the same memory hole as his father.
    When Bush does appear in public, he presents as harmless and affable: sharing hard candies with Michelle Obama, or hanging out at a Dallas Cowboys game with Ellen DeGeneres.
    Now, the Today anchors were questioning the ex-president, who famously had taken up painting in retirement, on the accuracy of a portrait he had made of his daughter. “Can you just try to thin out my face a little bit?” Bush Hager asked.
    “Look,” Bush chuckled. “I can only paint it the way it is, hon.”
    Not that Bush seems to mind the recent alterations to his own portrait.
    Bush and his wife, Laura, participate in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery, Virginia, on 20 January 2021

(The Washington Post)
    There are many who couldn’t forget the ugliest parts of his legacy if they tried: the tortured, the dead, the bereaved. More than 7,000 US service members killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to Brown University’s Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, along with tens of thousands of civilians. And yet, as the American military presence in Afghanistan comes to an end just ahead of the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attack that launched it, it can feel like Bush’s most successful war is the one over his reputation.
    “Oh, man,” Bush told the Today hosts when they reached him on his birthday. “How lucky am I?”
    “How can anyone agree to be part of the rehabilitation of George Bush?”
    It’s been 17 years since Cindy Sheehan lost her son, Casey, on an Iraq battlefield, and she’s angry that others who had survived that Bush war had agreed to be subjects for the ex-president’s 2017 book of portraits of military veterans.
    “First of all, I’m not an art critic,” Sheehan says in a recent phone call. “But his paintings are terrible.” It’s not just the quality, but the complicity. “How could anyone sit for those portraits,” she says, “let alone people who were sent to war based on his lies?”
    Sheehan was an anti-war activist – or, rather, the Bush presidency had turned her into one. Sheehan spent weeks in 2005 camped outside of Bush’s home in Crawford, Texas, demanding a meeting with the president, often surrounded by camera crews and thousands of other protesters. When Bush left office, Sheehan says, many of her friends told her to move on.
    Impossible, she says.

Former US presidents Obama, Bush and Clinton at the Presidents Cup at Liberty National Golf Club, New Jersey, in September 2017

“I don’t think Bush deserves a quiet retirement,” she says. “I don’t think he deserves people like Ellen DeGeneres sitting next to him and giving him legitimacy like he’s just some nice guy. I don’t think he deserves the rehabilitation or softening of his image. I think he belongs in prison.”
    “Only in America can a war criminal reinvent himself as the new Bob Ross,” says Michael Moore, the lefty documentarian whose 2003 movie Fahrenheit 9/11 took a critical look at Bush’s presidency.
    independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/afghanistan-george-w-bush-9-11-b1915724.html

Related

Iraq War Veteran Disrupts George W. Bush Speech - Sept. 19, 2021