Thread: An awesome new novel... By me!

An awesome new novel... By me!

I just published an action/adventure/horror novel. I have a certificate in screenwriting from UCLA and my novels read lightning fast like a movie sword fight. In the last two years I wrote the rough drafts to the first 6 novels in this series and I should be releasing a follow up every 3 to 4 months. If anyone doubts the validity of the survival skills, fights, or any actions in the novel, I will demonstrate them on my youtube channel.

https://www.amazon.com/Outcast-Mount...%2C1584&sr=8-1

If you like or don't like it, please leave an amazon review-- good or bad, it gets publicity.

Also please excuse my Amazon page, I don't have full access to it, just my publisher at this moment. Nor has my publisher uploaded the Kindle version, yet.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Order confirmed. I just got in

so I'll pick up yours when I lay this one down.

Just a heads up if you are tight on cash. I will be reducing the price in late January/February to promote book 2.

Just ordered one.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Just finished book one last night. Looking forward to book two!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Same. Was a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Same. Was a fun read.
    Hey thanks guys! I am running behind on the editing. It may be another month before the next is out.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My second novel is out.

https://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Ally-M...2252161&sr=8-2

The first one is on sale on Kindle for 99 cents and the paperback is $5.

Thanks.
    Last edited by RJB; 06-06-2021 at 07:34 PM.

I enjoyed "Outcast" and I'll order this one.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    My second novel is out.

The one is on sale on Kindle for 99 cents and the paperback is $5.

Thanks.
    We'll get this posted on Timelessauthors.com right away.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

ordered. looking forward to reading it!
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I enjoyed "Outcast" and I'll order this one.
    Thank you, so much. If it's not too much, and if you like it, please leave a review on Amazon.

My second novel is out.

The one is on sale on Kindle for 99 cents and the paperback is $5.

Thanks.
    Showing $7.99 Kindle. $15.99 paperback.

Showing $7.99 Kindle. $15.99 paperback.

Oh, sorry. I meant the fist one book. Amazon also plays with the price a lot without my input.
    Last edited by RJB; 06-06-2021 at 07:35 PM.

I just finished book two. First Kindle book, so you have that honor. Lol.

Another fast paced page turner! Great job, my man. Already anticipating the third in the series.

Signed up for your newsletter at: rjburle.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When do we get to see some youtube footage of you practicing certain techniques in your novels?

BTW you nailed the description of Asheville, N.C. in your last book. It's gone to the dogs. I won't even spend a dime to support their economy anymore.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-27-2021 at 06:18 PM.

When do we get to see some youtube footage of you practicing certain techniques in your novels?
    Thanks for the kind words.

When I figure it out how to edit videos and all that. I am also going to try to read the first novel and get that uploaded to YT by Halloween as well as a horror short story collection published. I am also trying to get the third novel out by then, and then I have a few other projects I have been working on. The Covid lockdown in my town really hurt my business and I am trying to get the heck out of where I am at. If I get harassed enough, I will get on with the Youtube vids quicker

Thanks for the kind words.

When I figure it out how to edit videos and all that. I am also going to try to read the first novel and get that uploaded to YT by Halloween as well as a horror short story collection published. I am also trying to get the third novel out by then, and then I have a few other projects I have been working on. The Covid lockdown in my town really hurt my business and I am trying to get the heck out of where I am at. If I get harassed enough, I will get on with the Youtube vids quicker
    Not "kind words." Your world is a million mile a minute milieu. And I love it. I'm not going to say that it is "Lord of the Rings" or "The Expanse." But it incorporates elements of both, I think, and more than anything is just a page turner addiction. I won't spoil, but the Epilogue in book 2 sure 'splained some things.
    It's good man. I love it because the zombies and vampires are almost secondary. Much like "The Walking Dead" it's about the humans.
    And the humans involved are wonderfully created. The Mountain Men, Bryan and Critter. Those that serve evil masters like Craig, who would almost rather die.
    You've created a great 'verse. Seriously.

@RJB

Page six of "Outcast" you mention "The Before" in describing the clothes of the fellow bar patrons being nothing better than burlap sacks in "the before".

And boom, this hit me the other day, and I was immediately drawn back to that bar scene.

CNN just called pre-Covid ‘the Before Times’ and people are freaking out

https://www.indy100.com/viral/covid1...tions-b1936396

Well done brother, that's what good writing does.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @RJB

Page six of "Outcast" you mention "The Before" in describing the clothes of the fellow bar patrons being nothing better than burlap sacks in "the before".

And boom, this hit me the other day, and I was immediately drawn back to that bar scene.

CNN just called pre-Covid ‘the Before Times’ and people are freaking out

https://www.indy100.com/viral/covid1...tions-b1936396

Well done brother, that's what good writing does.
    Thanks. I tried to keep my own personal feelings out and write it with a general sense of what people in real life feel. Currently, everyone in our country knows something is very wrong. I attempted to capture that.

It is interesting that I have had both progressives and conservatives enjoy the book and think my story was relevant. The thing is, I simply reported it through the main character's quirky point of view. In short, I did what the media should do. FOX News has a good slogan, "We report. You decide." If only that was true.

Wow, I can't believe that was the end of May. I ordered the book shortly after posting that, so I've had it since early April. I finally got a chance to read it this past weekend since I was laid up with an injury. Great stuff! Looking forward to the next one!

H.L. Mencken

Wow, I can't believe that was the end of May. I ordered the book shortly after posting that, so I've had it since early April. I finally got a chance to read it this past weekend since I was laid up with an injury. Great stuff! Looking forward to the next one!
    Thanks. I wrote the rough drafts for the first 6 novels and large chunks of a few others between Sept 2018 and Sept 2020. (I was hit with an insane burst of energy when I was nearing my 50th birthday and I thought of all the stuff that I thought that I would accomplish by 30.) My wife is my editor and I thought I would be pumping out the completed novels every 3 months, but we had a few family tragedies on my wife's side, so my release dates have been extended. Sorry about the delays. Hopefully the third book should be out by Thanksgiving.

Thanks. I wrote the rough drafts for the first 6 novels and large chunks of a few others between Sept 2018 and Sept 2020. (I was hit with an insane burst of energy when I was nearing my 50th birthday and I thought of all the stuff that I thought that I would accomplish by 30.) My wife is my editor and I thought I would be pumping out the completed novels every 3 months, but we had a few family tragedies on my wife's side, so my release dates have been extended. Sorry about the delays. Hopefully the third book should be out by Thanksgiving.
    Sorry about the family tragedies and no need to apologize for delays. You're probably too busy with the business move mentioned on another thread and all the other goings on in your life, but I'll sort of be down in your neck of the woods to sort of play Mountain Warrior in mid November. I'll PM you details after I clean out my RPF mailbox hopefully later today (only have 2 free msg slots right now). If you're up for a beer, I'm buying.

H.L. Mencken

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry about the family tragedies and no need to apologize for delays. You're probably too busy with the business move mentioned on another thread and all the other goings on in your life, but I'll sort of be down in your neck of the woods to sort of play Mountain Warrior in mid November. I'll PM you details after I clean out my RPF mailbox hopefully later today (only have 2 free msg slots right now). If you're up for a beer, I'm buying.
    Sure. I will buy the second round!

We eagerly await the opportunity to add it to the featured books section at timelessauthors.com

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

For those who liked the first two... The third book in the series is out, finally. I owe CJM a book. I am hoping the fourth should be out by this coming Halloween.

For those who liked the first two... The third book in the series is out, finally. I owe CJM a book. I am hoping the fourth should be out by this coming Halloween.
    I'll get it added to the Featured Books section at Timelessauthors right away.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Been heads down with work the last several weeks and popped in daily-ish to lurk, but missed this -- congrats on the release of the 3rd book! I'm looking forward to reading it!

H.L. Mencken