Thread: NYC - "Red Zone" lockdowns coming - no gatherings of people at all, of any size

Exclamation NYC - "Red Zone" lockdowns coming - no gatherings of people at all, of any size

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Says Areas Face Red Zone Restrictions, Which Prohibit ‘Non-Essential Gatherings of Any Size’

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...ings-any-size/

Hannah Bleau 23 Nov 2020

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY) warned on Sunday that certain areas of New York City are heading toward tighter coronavirus restrictions, including the most restrictive “red zone” which prohibits all gatherings deemed “non-essential.”

The Democrat governor stated some areas, namely Staten Island, Long Island, and parts of Manhattan, are “in the warning track” and could soon face additional restrictions due to concerns over rising infection rates and hospital capacity.

“The rate goes up; there are more restrictions to slow the economy — that’s bad for business. Rates go up, you overburden the hospital system, you overburden doctors, nurses, you can have possible equipment supplies,” he said.

“Numbers go up and people die. People die. Period,” Cuomo added.

The governor said such areas “will go into those zones” unless the existing trajectory “dramatically” changes.

“Parts of Staten Island will go into an orange zone. Parts of Staten Island will go into red zone at the current rate,’’ he continued, referring to Staten Island as a “serious problem.”

The red zone is the most restrictive, prohibiting “non-essential gatherings” — both residential and non-residential — of “any size.” Red zone restrictions also close all businesses deemed “non-essential.” The orange zone is slightly less restrictive, allowing gatherings of ten people “maximum” either indoors or outdoors, though it requires “high-risk non-essential businesses” — such as hair salons and gyms — to remain closed.

Cuomo has come under intense scrutiny in recent weeks after placing a ten-person cap on gatherings at private residences and pleading with local governments to enforce his mandate.

“The rules are only as good as the enforcement. Local governments are in charge of enforcement. There are only two fundamental truths in this situation: it’s individual discipline and it’s government enforcement. Period. End of sentence,” he said. He has since lashed out at law enforcement officers who have vowed not to enforce his edict.

“I don’t believe that person is a law enforcement officer,” Cuomo said at a Wednesday press conference.

“I don’t want a law enforcement officer who says, ‘I’m only enforcing the law that I like or think should be enforced,’” the Democrat governor added.

Last week, Cuomo explicitly urged people to stay away from their loved ones.

“Your safe zone is dangerous this year. Please. Love is sometimes doing what’s hard. This year, if you love someone, it is smarter and better to stay away,” he said:

Love is sometimes doing what’s hard.

The safest way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year is with your immediate household only. pic.twitter.com/nBEviXnZ8P

— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) November 19, 2020
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cuomo has come under intense scrutiny in recent weeks after placing a ten-person cap on gatherings at private residences and pleading with local governments to enforce his mandate.

“The rules are only as good as the enforcement. Local governments are in charge of enforcement. There are only two fundamental truths in this situation: it’s individual discipline and it’s government enforcement. Period. End of sentence,” he said. He has since lashed out at law enforcement officers who have vowed not to enforce his edict.

“I don’t believe that person is a law enforcement officer,” Cuomo said at a Wednesday press conference.

“I don’t want a law enforcement officer who says, ‘I’m only enforcing the law that I like or think should be enforced,’” the Democrat governor added.
    He's right...that is the difference between a "peace officer", which we sort of had.

To a LEO, which is what we have right now.

Or, this:

Caution is warranted on case by case basis depending on individual risk factor ( since current confused laeders failed to defend against "unseen enemy" aka "plague" in a timely fashion or manage public sentiments effectively) but this probably is peak of fear mongering by NY politicians looking at recent fear cycle in media headlines.

Reality could be the exact opposite, UK is expectaed to start Pfizer vaccinations from Dec 1, that will bring tons pf psychological benefits for crowd psychology. Many people are expecting malls to open soon, that may explain why Macy's stock is up 17% today.

They really, really want people to stay in their own little bubbles and not communicate with other people. Can't have discussions about vaccine pro/con coming up over a big Thanksgiving dinner gathering, can we? Or people talking about just how bad the economy really is instead of believing the fake Wall St markets and govt stats. Stay in the little safe space home bubble and let the teevee and Facebook tell you what to think.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-23-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

It'll keep going until somebody stops it, decisively and permanently.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    They really, really want people to stay in their own little bubbles and not communicate with other people. Can't have discussions about vaccine pro/con coming up over a big Thanksgiving dinner gathering, can we? Or people talking about just how bad the economy really is instead of believing the fake Wall St markets and govt stats. Stay in the little safe space home bubble and let the teevee and Facebook tell you what to think.
    Or talk about how the deep state stole the election from Trump so they can put the neocons and military industrial complex back in power.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Still waiting for these tyrannical governors to be tarred and feathered.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Looks like Liberals are copying Canadian Green/Red/Orange versions of restrictions and lockdowns.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oregon Gov. Kate Brown Encourages Residents to Call Police on Neighbors Violating COVID Rules

https://news.yahoo.com/oregon-gov-ka...185241085.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Oregon Gov. Kate Brown Encourages Residents to Call Police on Neighbors Violating COVID Rules

Snitches get stiches.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Snitches get stiches.
    And wind up in ditches.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...g-Out-Vaccines

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    It'll keep going until somebody stops it, decisively and permanently.
    And there you have it.

We have all the tools, we have the people.

We lack the will to do what needs to be done...and this will continue and get worse, until such time as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So am I...

Quote Originally Posted by Slave Mentality View Post
    And wind up in ditches.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Slave Mentality again."
    Chris

Will neighbors be able to tattle tale on their governor when she ends up breaking the rules?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or talk about how the deep state stole the election from Trump so they can put the neocons and military industrial complex back in power.

While BOTH sides fully support the new MIC [Medical Industrial Complex]. Government compliance is the wave of the future present.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)