Thread: It begins: The Biden border surge, and too bad about the COVID lockdowns

Exclamation It begins: The Biden border surge, and too bad about the COVID lockdowns

It begins: The Biden border surge, and too bad about the COVID lockdowns

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...lockdowns.html

By Monica Showalter
    November 22, 2020

Migrants, and more important, the people who traffic and profit from migrants, are like the stock market: They're forward-looking. They make decisions now based on what they see coming down the pike.

So surprise, surprise, the media's crowning of Joe Biden president, along with many world leaders congratulating him and conducting their affairs of state with him, even as legal challenges are going on, has sent a message to Central America's gangs and Mexico's cartels, who control migrant smuggling routes to the U.S. It's time to profit. It's time to go. A new border surge has begun, in anticipation of a Biden open-borders presidency, which comes just as Democrat-run states and Biden himself are prescribing new COVID lockdowns.

According to the Washington Times's Stephen Dinan:

Border Patrol agents are already seeing a Biden surge in illegal immigration at the southwest border, officials said Thursday, with the numbers surging 21% over the last month alone.

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan said worsening economic conditions south of the border are largely responsible for the uptick, but he also blamed “perceived and or anticipated shifts in policies” here in the U.S.

He said it’s particularly dangerous at a time when the coronavirus pandemic is taking a toll on CBP personnel. At least 1,300 CBP staffers are currently quarantined, 700 are currently COVID-positive and 15 have died of the virus.

“I’ve attended way too many funerals,” Mr. Morgan said.

Border Patrol agents and CBP officers snared about 69,000 unauthorized border crossers in October, up from about 58,000 in September.

Based on the number of COVID cases the Border Patrol is suffering, the unvetted migrants are bringing it in.

Which pretty well negates the Biden/Democrat effort to enforce more lockdowns -- the closed schools, the targeted bars, gyms and restaurants, the limited travel, the cancelled Thanksgiving, and more.

So long as there is no lockdown at the border, and COVID is rolling in from unvetted migrants with enough money to pay smuggling syndicates, any efforts to contain COVID from the stateside is nonsense. Too bad about all the boarded-up businesses.

It highlights the fundamental contradition of Biden's love for lockdowns, and support for open borders. You can have one or the other, but you can't have both. Biden's policy of open borders stands in stark contradiction to his vow to contain COVID. Which one do you think he's more serious about?

Issues & Insights had an excellent item the other day on just what he says he intends:

Instead of expelling illegals to protect U.S. neighbors and families, the Biden-Sanders priority is to make sure that “health coverage is available to everyone for testing, treatment, medical services, rehabilitation, and that vaccines are available free of charge, regardless of immigration or economic status.”

Beyond this, Biden has promised to dismantle Trump policies that had been working to restrain the flow of illegals – sorry, “undocumented people” – across the border.

Wall construction will stop. Biden promises to implement a 100-day freeze on deportations “while his administration issues guidance narrowing who can be arrested by immigration agents,” according to one news account.

He plans to reinstate catch-and-release, which created a massive loophole for illegals who are set free into the country while their asylum claim is adjudicated, never to return for their final hearing.

Up until now, President Trump has used Title 42 of the U.S. Code to expel illegal border crossers because of COVID.

That's one of the very regulations that a President Biden can end instantly with the stroke of a pen, according to this Time magazine analysis:

Biden could also end Trump’s “expulsions” that have taken place since March 2020 as COVID-19 has spread across the U.S. and most of the world.

DHS’s expulsion rule allows U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to immediately remove anyone who crosses the border without authorization to their last country of transit without traditional processing or a chance to have their claims heard in court because of the risks posed by COVID-19. Since the rule was adopted in March, U.S. Border Patrol has conducted more than 197,000 expulsions, according to CBP data.

And yes, these places the illegal migrants are coming from are seeing big surges in COVID as well as the terrible economic effects of local lost tourism, lost trade, lockdowns, and shutdowns, as noted in this Focus Economics report here. The migrants looking for economic opportunity in the U.S. will find the same lockdowns here, but with generous welfare and free medical care.

For Americans, there will just be more imported COVID.

Which, to get cynical, might just be what Democrats want -- a permanent COVID that keeps the country locked down and themselves powerful, and millions and millions of COVID-filled migrants coming in to ensure that the lockdowns extend, ensuring that COVID is never contained.

You can bet Joe Biden won't be addressing this fundamental contradiction of policy. He's not serious about ending COVID. And in any case, he never answers questions. Not beyond what kind of ice cream he ordered. As long as migrants are surging the border, there will always be more waves of imported COVID.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Medicare for all.

Housing for all.

Honest wages for all.

Vaccines for all.

Jobs for all.

Education for all.

Universal Base Income for all.

Why would you not come?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

There are so many problems in that article, it would fill a book.

No wonder Fascism has taken root, this country is in astronomical debt, and people are no longer free.

Good grief. The ridiculous left versus right battle continues on. On RPF to boot.

But, I knew an article like this would show its ugly head. It does every time. Because Americans have been so dumbed down to retard-ville, they can't see what is right in front of their face.

Just put your own shackles on already. Waiting for the government to put the shackles on for you, well, that will cost me out of my pocket, and I object to that.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Medicare for all.

Housing for all.

Honest wages for all.

Vaccines for all.

Jobs for all.

Education for all.

Universal Base Income for all.

Why would you not come?
    Don't forget free covid money!

The United States Secret Services released an image of an example check Americans will receive for coronavirus relief, which includes President Donald Trump's name. They say his name on the check is a 'genuine security feature'
    Trump defends $25 million in Kennedy Center funding in coronavirus stimulus

03/25/20
    President Trump on Wednesday defended the inclusion of $25 million in funding for the Kennedy Center as part of the massive economic relief bill aimed at boosting small businesses and workers harmed by the fallout of the coronavirus.

Trump fashioned himself a supporter of the arts, arguing that the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is deserving of assistance given its inability to put on shows as officials ban large gatherings to try to curb the spread of the virus.
    "I’m a fan of that," Trump said of the funding. "I haven’t spent time there because I’m far too busy. I’d love to go there evenings, but I’m too busy doing things."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...in-coronavirus
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't forget free covid money!
    ^this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You can bet Joe Biden won't be addressing this fundamental contradiction of policy....
    This all happened on Trump's watch, did the author give any comment on last 4 years performance?
    There will be plenty time to criticize Biden once he takes charge.

So it went on..

"China manufactured the virus and let it out and they DELIBERATELY SPREAD IT AROUND THE WORLD" - Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani
    Over a quarter million people are dead from a bioweapon attack carried out by a foreign hostile government...
    Originally Posted by Zippyjuan
    Trump policies causing more trying to come before they get completely closed.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.XK4-FOhKiUk

MAGA is not perfect but such reckless chatter questioning his intent has been going around for a while.
    While back, there was too strong a push back from Breitbart/Coulter/Tucker etc after tweets like these surfaced but there is no convincing proof that he's driving border rush depsite all the conspiracy theories floating around among some Far Right folks.
    They could have labeled him 'big heart leader' but instead they assign such extreme labels.

Caravan #3

Caravan #4

Caravan #5

Caravan #6

He's not serious about ending COVID. And in any case, he never answers questions.

Probably not as serious as Trump and Biden has evaded press conferences. That is not to say Trump team has any answers for real questions about its own track record on defending American interests.

If so called "China virus" is killing 2000 American everyday (death toll equivalent to "three 9/11s every week") and many US states are on the verge of another lockdown/economic shutdown, why is Trump Sec of State visiting wineries in Israeli settlements (presumably to line up Israel lobby donors for his own 2024 Presidential run) at this critical time instead of being on the ground n China?

His boss himself was out golfing today.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    There are so many problems in that article, it would fill a book.

No wonder Fascism has taken root, this country is in astronomical debt, and people are no longer free.

Good grief. The ridiculous left versus right battle continues on. On RPF to boot.

But, I knew an article like this would show its ugly head. It does every time. Because Americans have been so dumbed down to retard-ville, they can't see what is right in front of their face.

Just put your own shackles on already. Waiting for the government to put the shackles on for you, well, that will cost me out of my pocket, and I object to that.
    Exactly- it's all kabuki theatre.

This post is right on:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Change-Nothing!
    There is no spoon.

Based on the number of COVID cases the Border Patrol is suffering, the unvetted migrants are bringing it in.
    A big part of the COVID hospitalizations in border states is people coming to the US for treatment. Hospitals overflow at the border, so they send patients further north. They are under the illusion that they will get the same treatment as Trump. The standard COVID treatment in much of the US, especially blue states, is “stay home, let nature takes it’s course, call us if you have trouble breathing.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    A big part of the COVID hospitalizations in border states is people coming to the US for treatment. Hospitals overflow at the border, so they send patients further north. They are under the illusion that they will get the same treatment as Trump. The standard COVID treatment in much of the US, especially blue states, is “stay home, let nature takes it’s course, call us if you have trouble breathing.”
    Kaiser may advise you to use a warm compress (heated towelette from your microwave) as comfort minus a copay of course.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Kaiser may advise you to use a warm compress (heated towelette from your microwave) as comfort minus a copay of course.
    Kaiser is the Facebook of HMOs. Following leftist dogma and marching orders.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I take it Biden won't be listening to the scientists if they told him to close the border?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I take it Biden won't be listening to the scientists if they told him to close the border?
    But, but, but, but the science!!!!

Kaiser is the Facebook of HMOs. Following leftist dogma and marching orders.
    LOL +rep

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...lockdowns.html

By Monica Showalter
    November 22, 2020

Migrants, and more important, the people who traffic and profit from migrants, are like the stock market: They're forward-looking. They make decisions now based on what they see coming down the pike.

So surprise, surprise, the media's crowning of Joe Biden president, along with many world leaders congratulating him and conducting their affairs of state with him, even as legal challenges are going on, has sent a message to Central America's gangs and Mexico's cartels, who control migrant smuggling routes to the U.S. It's time to profit. It's time to go. A new border surge has begun, in anticipation of a Biden open-borders presidency, which comes just as Democrat-run states and Biden himself are prescribing new COVID lockdowns.

According to the Washington Times's Stephen Dinan:

Border Patrol agents are already seeing a Biden surge in illegal immigration at the southwest border, officials said Thursday, with the numbers surging 21% over the last month alone.

Acting Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan said worsening economic conditions south of the border are largely responsible for the uptick, but he also blamed “perceived and or anticipated shifts in policies” here in the U.S.

He said it’s particularly dangerous at a time when the coronavirus pandemic is taking a toll on CBP personnel. At least 1,300 CBP staffers are currently quarantined, 700 are currently COVID-positive and 15 have died of the virus.

“I’ve attended way too many funerals,” Mr. Morgan said.

Border Patrol agents and CBP officers snared about 69,000 unauthorized border crossers in October, up from about 58,000 in September.

Which pretty well negates the Biden/Democrat effort to enforce more lockdowns -- the closed schools, the targeted bars, gyms and restaurants, the limited travel, the cancelled Thanksgiving, and more.

So long as there is no lockdown at the border, and COVID is rolling in from unvetted migrants with enough money to pay smuggling syndicates, any efforts to contain COVID from the stateside is nonsense. Too bad about all the boarded-up businesses.

It highlights the fundamental contradition of Biden's love for lockdowns, and support for open borders. You can have one or the other, but you can't have both. Biden's policy of open borders stands in stark contradiction to his vow to contain COVID. Which one do you think he's more serious about?

Issues & Insights had an excellent item the other day on just what he says he intends:

Instead of expelling illegals to protect U.S. neighbors and families, the Biden-Sanders priority is to make sure that “health coverage is available to everyone for testing, treatment, medical services, rehabilitation, and that vaccines are available free of charge, regardless of immigration or economic status.”

Beyond this, Biden has promised to dismantle Trump policies that had been working to restrain the flow of illegals – sorry, “undocumented people” – across the border.

Wall construction will stop. Biden promises to implement a 100-day freeze on deportations “while his administration issues guidance narrowing who can be arrested by immigration agents,” according to one news account.

He plans to reinstate catch-and-release, which created a massive loophole for illegals who are set free into the country while their asylum claim is adjudicated, never to return for their final hearing.

Up until now, President Trump has used Title 42 of the U.S. Code to expel illegal border crossers because of COVID.

That's one of the very regulations that a President Biden can end instantly with the stroke of a pen, according to this Time magazine analysis:

Biden could also end Trump’s “expulsions” that have taken place since March 2020 as COVID-19 has spread across the U.S. and most of the world.

DHS’s expulsion rule allows U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to immediately remove anyone who crosses the border without authorization to their last country of transit without traditional processing or a chance to have their claims heard in court because of the risks posed by COVID-19. Since the rule was adopted in March, U.S. Border Patrol has conducted more than 197,000 expulsions, according to CBP data.

And yes, these places the illegal migrants are coming from are seeing big surges in COVID as well as the terrible economic effects of local lost tourism, lost trade, lockdowns, and shutdowns, as noted in this Focus Economics report here. The migrants looking for economic opportunity in the U.S. will find the same lockdowns here, but with generous welfare and free medical care.

For Americans, there will just be more imported COVID.

Which, to get cynical, might just be what Democrats want -- a permanent COVID that keeps the country locked down and themselves powerful, and millions and millions of COVID-filled migrants coming in to ensure that the lockdowns extend, ensuring that COVID is never contained.

You can bet Joe Biden won't be addressing this fundamental contradiction of policy. He's not serious about ending COVID. And in any case, he never answers questions. Not beyond what kind of ice cream he ordered. As long as migrants are surging the border, there will always be more waves of imported COVID.
    No. Latin American is NOT where COVID-19 is surging nor is it where the worst COVID-19 lockdowns are.that would be the United States and Europe. Mostly Europe. An agorist ex-pat who's living in Mexico said that most of the pressure in Mexico for businesses to be locked down is coming from American tourists and ex-pats who think Mexico should be more like the U.S. in that regard.

See: https://open.lbry.com/@VoxPopuli:b/F...und-Railroad:a At 1:06:00

Haiti also has a much lower COVID-19 rate and lacks even the capacity to mask everyone. Really the "shythole" countries (Trumps alleged words) aren't the problem. It's the European countries where Greta Thunberg hails from that's the issue.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.