Thread: Angry business owners resist enforcement visit by Erie County Health Department, Sheriff

Exclamation Angry business owners resist enforcement visit by Erie County Health Department, Sheriff

Angry business owners resist enforcement visit by Erie County Health Department, Sheriff

https://www.radio.com/wben/news/loca...id-enforcement

November 21, 2020 7:57 am

Orchard Park, N.Y. (WBEN) - It was an angry atmosphere inside the Athletes Unleashed gym in Orchard Park Friday night as a group of concerned business owners and citizens were gathering to discuss the current COVID restrictions on certain businesses.

Tim Walton attended the meeting that began at around 7pm Friday and tells WBEN there were more than 100 people attending the meeting inside the gym.

In a press release and blog post, Walton says the Erie County Sheriff's Department and Health Department entered the facility and confronted the gathering, telling them they were in violation of the limit to mass gatherings of no more than ten.

With cell phone cameras trained on a health department representative, the angry crowd resisted the interference, demanded a warrant and began to chant "get out, get out". At one point during the video of the incident, the health department representative explains that the visit is not criminal in nature but rather a 'code enforcement' visit.

After several minutes of back and forth between those gathered, the health department and sheriff's deputies left the gym and were followed to the parking lot by an angry crowd.

Erie County Health Department spokesperson Kara Kane said in a statement to WBEN Saturday, "We’re gathering information and will have more to say at our press conference on Monday." WBEN has reached out to the Erie County Sheriff's Department and is awaiting a response.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said on WBEN Saturday morning that he had seen the video and would gather more information on the incident over the weekend. "Our health department is out there enforcing the rules," he said.

Throughout the COVID pandemic, the Erie County Health Department has responded to reported incidents of code violations and those visits are escalating after the orange zone status was placed on most of Erie County earlier this week. The new status orders the shutdown of gyms, hair salons and many other personal services businesses.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Our health department is out there enforcing the rules,"

How about $#@! your rules. Your rules are destroying lives.

Nice resistance!
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 11-22-2020 at 07:58 AM.

At one point during the video of the incident, the health department representative explains that the visit is not criminal in nature but rather a 'code enforcement' visit.
    Oh, but the visit was "criminal in nature."

Very much so. Just not in the way this bozo meant.

Erie County Health Department spokesperson Kara Kane said in a statement to WBEN Saturday, "We’re gathering information [...]"

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz said on WBEN Saturday morning that he had seen the video and would gather more information [...]
    Gee, what kind of information do you suppose they're gathering?

"Our health department is out there enforcing the rules," he said.
    Yeah, well, so were the Schutzstaffel - so that's not really something to boast about.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I support the business owners. They must RESIST the gargantuan covid19 HOAX designed to interfere with our elections . Now the Fauci Crime Syndicate is hyping up the allegations in order to interfere with our right to have our grievances redressed by the courts.

Prohibition on inalienable rights should be a huge call to us. The right to assemble is basic. No one has any authority to tell you who or how many people you can gather with. Ever.

That guy is $#@!ing awesome. Telling the sheriff that he's trespassing on his property and to leave.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Gee, what kind of information do you suppose they're gathering?
    Names and addresses for 4am raids to march families into the street in their underwear.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

We have several Sheriffs in Washington refusing to enforce this stupidity.

Date: November 18th, 2020
    To all citizens of Klickitat County, as your Sheriff my position has not changed in regards to the enforcement of Governor Inslee's Illegal and Unconstitutional orders in regards to COVID-19.
    Governor Inslee's latest statewide COVID-19 restrictions starting November 16 at 11:59 PM and remaining in effect until Monday, December 14. The modified restrictions of restaurants, however, will take effect Wednesday, November 18th at 12:01 A.M..
    My Deputies will not be enforcing MASK WEARING, INDOOR SOCIAL GATHERINGS, OUTDOOR SOCIAL GATHERINGS, RELIGIOUS SERVICES, WEDDING AND FUNERAL GATHERINGS,OR THE RESTRICTIONS OF RESTAURANT AND BARS, ALONG WITH OTHER BUSINESSES THAT FALL UNDER GOVERNOR Inslee's most recent COVID-19 Restrictions.
    If the citizens and business owners of Klickitat County choose to follow Governor Inslee's COVID-19 restrictions, that is their right to do so. However, if the citizens and business owners of Klickitat County choose NOT TO FOLLOW Governor Inslee's COVID-19 restrictions, that is their Constitutional Right to do so.
    If business owners feel they are being harassed by L&I agents or the Washington State Liquor & Cannabis Agents, Please call me at 509-261-1833.
    --
    Bob Songer
    Sheriff
    Klickitat County, Washington
    I have seen similar statements by others.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Was this a win for the owner of the gym? The group of people there got the sheriffs and health inspector to leave and he calls their meeting a peaceful protest. However, his gym remains closed for business. Is that winning?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    We have several Sheriffs in Washington refusing to enforce this stupidity.

I have seen similar statements by others.
    i like this sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    i like this sheriff.
    There are several like minded.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Was this a win for the owner of the gym? The group of people there got the sheriffs and health inspector to leave and he calls their meeting a peaceful protest. However, his gym remains closed for business. Is that winning?
    A small win but you are right. Winning would be to open 100% pumping iron with several huge roided out guys with anger issues at the door. The small win is that they didn’t tuck tail when the armed enforcers showed up. It’s a start.