Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: If a Prez refuses to cede power

  1. #1

    If a Prez refuses to cede power

    https://www.thehour.com/news/article...o-15744686.php

    But those looking to the nation's Founders, or the Constitution they framed, for answers to such a crisis will come up empty-handed. There is nothing in the Constitution about what to do if a president refuses to step down when his term expires, according to three historians and a constitutional law professor.

    "No, the Framers did not envisage a president refusing to step down or discuss what should be done in such a situation," said Yale historian Sean Wilentz. "There's obviously nothing in the Constitution about it."

    "This is a contingency that no one would have actively contemplated until this fall," said historian Jack Rakove, a professor emeritus at Stanford University.

    "We [historians] pride ourselves in saying, 'Don't worry, this has happened before,' or, 'Worry, this has happened before,'" said Jeffrey A. Engel, the founding director of the Center for Presidential History at Southern Methodist University. "Right now, if all your historians can say is, 'We are in entirely uncharted waters,' I don't even know how the rest of that sentence ends.
    “Give a man a plane ticket, he flies for a short period of his life. Throw a man out of a plane, he flies for the rest of his life.”



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    This one's easy - he is forcibly removed from office, escorted out of the building, and it's over.

    Those who try to stop it from happening violate their oaths.

  4. #3
    Joey and kamy can just reach out to their BLM or ANTIFA friends and they can come over and escort him out.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This one's easy - he is forcibly removed from office, escorted out of the building, and it's over.

    Those who try to stop it from happening violate their oaths.
    The whole election violated the Constitution.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  6. #5
    U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 1:

    "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice-President chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows:..."

    No need for a President to "cede power" -- when the time runs out, he's no longer President.

  7. #6
    Unless he has every WH staffer, military general, and secret service member backing him, there's nothing he can do.
    People will just usher the senile pervert into the oval office and start business anew and toss him out.


    What needs to be considered at this point is having some states split up or even having the U.S. cede off into another country (or countries). Because we are basically past the point of living nicely together. The U.S. is in the process of its internal fracturing and if we don't break up now, it's going to be 10x uglier whenever it does finally happen.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  8. #7
    Why would this even be a question two months in advance?? (with a still undecided election)

    are the Usurpers trying to solidify their position?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

  9. #8
    Personally I hope Trump never concedes. I want us to get to January and he still refuses to leave.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Personally I hope Trump never concedes. I want us to get to January and he still refuses to leave.
    The Narcissist-in-Chief will never concede, but he will move his sorry ass out of the White House and spend the rest of his life moaning about a non-existent "stolen election" because his ego won't let him confront the reality that 80 million people (and 306 electoral votes) didn't want him as President. He'll also try to keep preaching his delusions to his base, but by 2024 its members will have moved along to some other blowhard, leaving him on the dustpile of history as one of the worst presidents ever.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The Narcissist-in-Chief will never concede, but he will move his sorry ass out of the White House and spend the rest of his life moaning about a non-existent "stolen election" because his ego won't let him confront the reality that 80 million people (and 306 electoral votes) didn't want him as President. He'll also try to keep preaching his delusions to his base, but by 2024 its members will have moved along to some other blowhard, leaving him on the dustpile of history as one of the worst presidents ever.

    You have to admit, it is kinda strange that Republicans were beating Democrats at registering voters from 2016 - 2020, including PA, by a pretty wide margin at that. Then you have the fact that Obama won his second term handily with 3.5 million less votes in 2012 than in 2008. Trump got 11 million more votes in 2020 than 2016. Trump doubled his % of the minority vote in 2020 from 2016, and had the highest percentage of minority votes of any Republican since 1960.

    Then you have the bellwether counties, which since Reagan have all predicted the President, and at most only 1 or 2 counties out of 18 are incorrect. This time, Trump won all of them but one, and some how he lost the election.

    Then you have cities like Cleveland who had a roughly 55% voter turnout, compared to Milwaukee which was over 90%. There are countries who make voting mandatory by law who don't get voter turnout that high.

    You have to be a complete idiot with data and statistics to not think that there is something rotten about this election, and you have to be a moron if you don't think that the motivation for the left to get orange-cheeto man out of office was not sky high. You have to be an even bigger idiot to think that it is not relatively easy for them to cheat with all of the mail in ballots.

    You're not one of those "smart dumb" people, are you?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    you have to be a moron if you don't think that the motivation for the left to get orange-cheeto man out of office was not sky high.
    The motivation wasn't just on the left. Trump was a huge embarrassment to the GOP as well and the chance to vote him out of office was likely a factor in the large turnout. Incidentally, the 90% figure for Milwaukee is inaccurate. See https://www.channel3000.com/no-wisco...-calculations/

    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You're not one of those "smart dumb" people, are you?
    Nope, nor am I one of those paranoid types who sees conspiracies everywhere.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

    Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    The motivation wasn't just on the left. Trump was a huge embarrassment to the GOP as well and the chance to vote him out of office was likely a factor in the large turnout. Incidentally, the 90% figure for Milwaukee is inaccurate. See https://www.channel3000.com/no-wisco...-calculations/
    Republicans didn't need to cheat, they got 11 million more votes this time than last time, which was also a historically high election for voter turnout. Trump was winning on election night - Vegas odds and Predictit had him at around 70% - 80% despite the fact they had him down around 30-40% before the election. Democrats found out how much they needed to cheat by on election night, and put the call. Unfortunately for them it was a very high number, and so it is extremely obvious that they cheated.

    Also why is it that in these areas where Biden did well that we see these allegedly "bogus" high voter turnouts (in some cases over 100%) allegedly due to historic "same day" voter registrations occurred, where Republicans were supposed to be the ones largely voting in-person, in places where Republicans had big margins of pre-registrations compared to Democrats.. yet some how Biden crushes in these places. Doesn't make sense.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You have to admit, it is kinda strange that Republicans were beating Democrats at registering voters from 2016 - 2020, including PA, by a pretty wide margin at that. Then you have the fact that Obama won his second term handily with 3.5 million less votes in 2012 than in 2008. Trump got 11 million more votes in 2020 than 2016. Trump doubled his % of the minority vote in 2020 from 2016, and had the highest percentage of minority votes of any Republican since 1960.

    Then you have the bellwether counties, which since Reagan have all predicted the President, and at most only 1 or 2 counties out of 18 are incorrect. This time, Trump won all of them but one, and some how he lost the election.

    Then you have cities like Cleveland who had a roughly 55% voter turnout, compared to Milwaukee which was over 90%. There are countries who make voting mandatory by law who don't get voter turnout that high.

    You have to be a complete idiot with data and statistics to not think that there is something rotten about this election, and you have to be a moron if you don't think that the motivation for the left to get orange-cheeto man out of office was not sky high. You have to be an even bigger idiot to think that it is not relatively easy for them to cheat with all of the mail in ballots.

    You're not one of those "smart dumb" people, are you?
    I'm 100% certain that Bush stole the election for Gore in 2000. I got over it. I'm fairly certain that he stole in from Kerry in 2004. I got over it. There is most certainly fraud in this election. No honest person can say the Dominion voting machines are solid when democrats like Elizabeth Warren and Amy Klobachar were raising red flags about them in 2019. Was it enough to tip the balance against Trump? Hard to say. But if he doesn't pull out an actual certified victory than come January he needs to move out and move on and everyone else needs to get over it. That doesn't mean don't keep working to expose the fraud. But we need to quit acting like this is the first time something like this ever happened. It's pretty much zero chance the democrats get the Senate. The republicans in charge of Georgia's election may hate Trump, but I doubt they hate the entire GOP enough to allow a second round of cheating. Then again the evidence suggests that these republicans cheated the democrats back in 2018 and the dems might be holding that evidence over their heads. Regardless, life goes on.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post


    Nope, nor am I one of those paranoid types who sees conspiracies everywhere.
    Phuc,, you can't even see reality in front of you.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

    Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom



Similar Threads

  1. Duterte says he's tired, old, wants to cede power early
    By Swordsmyth in forum World News & Affairs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2018, 09:22 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 12:17 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 11:21 PM
  4. Is Obama Poised to Cede U.S. Sovereignty
    By Magicman in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM
  5. Tu Ne Cede Malis
    By RPCanadian in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 01:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •