Thread: Rand, Kelley Paul call out AP for 'abominable' coverage of violence against Trump supporters

Rand, Kelley Paul call out AP for 'abominable' coverage of violence against Trump supporters

Sen. Rand Paul, Kelley Paul call out AP for 'abominable' coverage of DC violence against Trump supporters
    The Kentucky senator slammed what he says was supposed to be an 'objective' news outlet

Joseph A. Wulfsohn
    November 17, 2020

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and his wife Kelley Paul blasted the Associated Press for its "completely biased" coverage of the attacks against Trump supporters in Washington D.C. last weekend as well as the coverage they received when protesters harassed them back in August.

The senator began saying what he saw took place in D.C. following the "Million MAGA March" in support of President Trump's ongoing challenge of the election results "absolutely" reminded him of the harassment he and his wife experienced when leaving the White House on the final night of the Republican National Convention back in August, but singled out the Associated Press over what was supposed to be "objective" coverage of the attacks against Trump supporters that took place.

"The AP reported this story yesterday and I read the Associated Press story- I had no idea who's attacking who and for what reason," Paul told Fox News' Neil Cavuto. "They wouldn't describe that these were people attacking Trump people there, supporting the president. They just made it sound like, 'Oh, it's just random violence caused by the Trump rally.' This is the same thing that happened to us when we were there and Kelley can recount it well the way that the AP reported our story. It was abominable and just completely biased."

elley Paul told Cavuto that what inspired her Saturday tweet calling out the Associated Press was seeing the video of a young girl in tears as she was being screamed at by "grown men with megaphones" and also pointed to the "commercial-grade firecracker" that was thrown at diners at a restaurant.

"What is it going to take for the mainstream media to really report on this?" she asked. "Is somebody going to have to get horribly burned or assaulted? It's just outrageous."

read more:
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-ra...sociated-press

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Admittedly, I haven't watched the network news in some time, but this is nuts. Rand and Kelley are making sound points, but Cavuto is trying to draw some weird parallels or moral equivalency.

I think I've been pretty clear on the record that I am NOT a Trump supporter, but this whole year is some pretty convincing evidence that the entire intelligentsia wants him removed and the opposition to the State wiped out.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Admittedly, I haven't watched the network news in some time, but this is nuts. Rand and Kelley are making sound points, but Cavuto is trying to draw some weird parallels or moral equivalency.

I think I've been pretty clear on the record that I am NOT a Trump supporter, but this whole year is some pretty convincing evidence that the entire intelligentsia wants him removed and the opposition to the State wiped out.
    Question now is how prepared was Trump for all of this. I'd like to think that the moment he was inaugurated back in January 2017, he knew his fight for a second term was going to be incredibly difficult. He doesn't seem phrased by everything that's been going on.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 11-22-2020 at 09:12 AM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge