Thread: Scam Proof Voting

Scam Proof Voting

Is it possible to develop a voting app that gives every registered voter a unique pin number that is entered in at the time of voting? To me it seems it would eliminate a world of BS. Truth and honesty needs to be injected into this system.
    Also I want to take this opportunity to suggest that when our loved ones pass away that we take steps to ensure that their ID can't be used again for voting or any other fraudulent activity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No voting app software would be "good" for voting. Why? Because far more than code to just count votes is too easily inserted. Not to mention backdoors to give some intranet or internet access to the software/data to make desired adjustments. So for me, it's a big NO to using anything but paper ballots, with plenty of watchers checking them and comparing signatures. And of course, having to show IDs to vote, to begin with.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

@LibertyEagle I find it very difficult to believe that it is impossible to create a scam/hack proof secure vote app. Two things that scammers and hackers don't really grasp is honesty and integrity their actions prove it. The vote counting machines have something written in it's code that allows what is happening now so obviously the person writing the code had no integrity or honesty in mind. Someone with honesty and integrity would have to write the program in order for it to work.

They need to set it up like they set up the lottery--you get a receipt stub with a serial number as your proof you voted. All serial numbers should be posted for people to verify their vote was tabulated correctly.
    Last edited by donnay; 11-13-2020 at 06:17 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Anything electronic or done on the internets is going to be suspect. At least the way I see it. Its too indirect. Register to vote. Make sure you're in the voter rolls. Then on election day you fill out a paper ballot and you turn in the ballot. Everything gets handled and counted with people from all sides watching. The only way this should happen. And if there is any violation in the process, do it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    @LibertyEagle I find it very difficult to believe that it is impossible to create a scam/hack proof secure vote app.
    Software code is written by human beings. So no, you cannot place complete trust in a software program. My entire career was spent in the software industry and it's scary how many people believe whatever comes out of their computer MUST be right, because well, the computer said it.

Two things that scammers and hackers don't really grasp is honesty and integrity their actions prove it. The vote counting machines have something written in it's code that allows what is happening now so obviously the person writing the code had no integrity or honesty in mind. Someone with honesty and integrity would have to write the program in order for it to work.
    Good luck with that.

Note: I'm not saying that it would be impossible to create something, with a variety of checks and balances to validate the results as the are generated, but not right now. These voting software programs have been shady from the very start and each state can choose their own. Think about that. A bunch of state government idiots being counted on to verify the results, when many are doing good to figure out how to turn on their computers. In addition to having a clear vested interest in the results.

For those who have been around here for awhile, I'm sure you haven't forgotten this. blackboxvoting.org and Bev Harris.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 11-13-2020 at 08:53 AM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

@LibertyEagle I find it very difficult to believe that it is impossible to create a scam/hack proof secure vote app. Two things that scammers and hackers don't really grasp is honesty and integrity their actions prove it. The vote counting machines have something written in it's code that allows what is happening now so obviously the person writing the code had no integrity or honesty in mind. Someone with honesty and integrity would have to write the program in order for it to work.
    They haven't built a Scam proof Hack proof Computer yet.

Any system can be hacked..

Damn,,the ones now can't even count correctly.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:30 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A secure or hack-proof app/computer can't be made but a system can be created to allow voters to self-verify the election.

I did a thought experiment years ago and one of the key components was this:

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They need to set it up like they set up the lottery--you get a receipt stub with a serial number as your proof you voted. All serial numbers should be posted for people to verify their vote was tabulated correctly.
    In addition to the paper receipt with a serial number, you'd still need poll watchers to validate the voter check-in (make sure they're registered, make sure they're the right person) and count the total number of voters that came through that day.

When the polls close, you hit the web site, look for your serial number and validate that it corresponds to your candidates and then count the total number of serial numbers. So if there are 328 voters that come through your precinct, and the web site shows 328 votes, you know that your 1/328th of the process is good. If the others choose not to validate their votes, that's on them.

This obviously falls apart with mail-in or online voting. You can check your serial number on the web site, but they can just claim that another 150 voters mailed in ballots and you're now only getting 1/478th of the precinct total.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Unfortunately, even the best intended software has bugs or weaknesses that can be exploited. Banks and merchants don't want to be hacked, but it happens all the time.

The other issue is that voting software is only used very rarely. A couple of times a year. When Windows releases a new version, it’s used all day long by billions of people. Bugs and errors are found relatively quickly, and they are noticed.

But software certainly could play a role along with other methods in a better voting system.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ain't no such thing as "scam-proof voting" ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle
    These voting software programs have been shady from the very start and each state can choose their own.
    Is it not the fault of the creator of the software?

The software on these voting machines are very primitive, so its very easy to hack into.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Is it not the fault of the creator of the software?
    Yes and it's the fault of the ones who continue to use them too