Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truckers strike

Truckers strike

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Amateurs study tactics,” goes an old saying, “armchair generals study strategy, but professionals study logistics...
    https://americanhistory.si.edu/westp...istory_5b.html

The political aristocracy knows that but are also confident that it will never effect them personally. Maybe their followers in the urban cores but not themselves. Such protests are cute and merely serve their own purposes of portraying anyone not on their team and those without PhD's in "<insert> studies" as being unworthy, ignorant hayseeds.

NPR - Tractor Trails Of Protesting Dutch Farmers Snarl Traffic for Hundreds Of Miles
    https://www.npr.org/2019/10/01/76601...dreds-of-miles

For example, one of the parties in the ruling coalition recently floated cutting in half the number of livestock allowed, while offering farmers financial incentives.

Member of Parliament Tjeerd de Groot, who has argued in favor of that idea, was reportedly booed by farmers when he appeared at a rally Tuesday in the center of The Hague. Agriculture Minister Carola Schouten rejected that idea while speaking to farmers at the same demonstration.
    How very unenlightened of the hayseeds.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    How very unenlightened of the hayseeds.
    Bringing the cities to heal isn't rocket science....

What to do with them however..................

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Bringing the cities to heal isn't rocket science....

What to do with them however..................
    Not being snarky...

Do you want to bring the cities "to heal" meaning to tend to their wounds and make them well?

Or bring the cities "to heel" meaning to forcefully snap them back into control and sanity?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not being snarky...

Do you want to bring the cities "to heal" meaning to tend to their wounds and make them well?

Or bring the cities "to heel" meaning to forcefully snap them back into control and sanity?
    Heel......

My bad.

Heel......

My bad.
    Pretty sure that's what you meant...but these days...
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I think I read something about the average grocery store only having about two days supply of inventory. I don't recal if that was all inventory or perishables or what. If true, a one day strike would be very noticeable and a three day strike would get everyone's attention.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Pretty sure that's what you meant...but these days...
    I can't see healing the ailing cities...

The cancer runs too deep.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Pokin Around: The day a truck full of dynamite exploded on I-44

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...--44/98307336/

Correction: This story originally misstated the direction of travel for the truck. It was headed eastbound toward Springfield.

Edwina Clingan will forever remember the night her house rattled back in September 1970. She was 23, living in a trailer in the Brookline area and was home for the very first time with her infant son, who had been born prematurely.

Her husband was away, working. It was about 1:30 a.m. when ... ka-boom!

A wall of mirrors shattered. She was confused and frightened.

She grabbed her tiny baby, Darin, and then-and-there baptized him in the kitchen sink.

This was it, she thought: The victorious return of Jesus Christ.

"I thought it was the Rapture," she tells me. (Many Christians believe the Rapture is when followers of Christ are transported to heaven in the blink of an eye).

But it wasn't the Rapture. What she felt was an explosion miles away of a tractor-trailer carrying 21 tons of dynamite. The truck was on Interstate 44, headed toward Springfield.

The driver was John A. Galt, an Oklahoma City man who had crossed a Teamsters picket line during a strike against Tri-State Motors of Joplin. He was blown to pieces.

Bobby Lee Shuler, a striking union truck driver with a .30-30 rifle, had pulled off the interstate onto an exit ramp to wait for two Tri-State trucks to enter his line of fire. He would later testify at his trial.

The first truck had a flatbed. He fired two shots at the grille to disable it. But it kept going.

The next truck was driven by Galt.

Shuler fired two shots into the grille. The third bullet struck the dynamite and the truck vaporized. In fact, windows were shattered on the Heer's building in downtown Springfield, 12 miles away. Shuler testified he did not mean to hit the trailer.

Court records show he had been drinking much of the day; that there were "Explosives" placards on the truck; and that as a Tri-State driver, he should have known that 50 percent of Tri-State's' cargo was dynamite.

Galt, 48, was a father of four. Weeks earlier, he had been laid off from his job as an engineer with General Electric. He was making his maiden run for Tri-State. He was the only person killed or seriously injured.

The powerful blast knocked Shuler — the shooter — to the ground, tore his shirt, blew the rifle out of his hand and shattered the windshield of the car he was driving.

He and three others then tried to flee, but their car broke down. They gave themselves up when they saw airplanes circling and heard dogs barking.

Months ago, Edwina had asked me an Answer Man question about the explosion that she so vividly remembers: She wanted to know what happened to those responsible for shooting the truck.

Shuler was convicted of second-degree murder in 1971. The murder charge was based on the legal theory of felony-murder — meaning Shuler committed a felony when he recklessly shot at the truck and it became a murder once Galt was killed. Shuler's appeal was denied in 1972.

According to records of that appeal: "Shuler testified that he did not mean to do any bodily harm to anyone ... and he never considered the possibility that it might be carrying dynamite; and that he was wanting to disable the truck."

Gerald Lee Bowden was with Shuler that night. Bowden, also 29 at the time, was also a striking union truck driver.

According to court records, earlier that night Bowden had also fired the rifle at a Tri-State truck. Bowden was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to 10 years in prison. He was paroled in 1975 and discharged from supervision in 1978.

A third person was charged in connection with the crime, but I found no record of the specific charge. If she ever was convicted, she did not serve time within the Missouri Department of Corrections.

Shuler, sentenced to 99 years, was in prison eight years and paroled in 1979.

I do not know for sure if Shuler is alive or dead.

I did find an obituary for a "Bobby Lee Shuler" of the same age who was a retired truck driver. He died Feb. 4, 2010, in Kingsport, Tennessee.

I reached out to a family member listed in the obituary but did not hear back before deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    I think I read something about the average grocery store only having about two days supply of inventory. I don't recal if that was all inventory or perishables or what. If true, a one day strike would be very noticeable and a three day strike would get everyone's attention.
    I have family that is middle management at a grocery store that is part of a large chain in New England.

Three days for everything, excepting maybe Wadded Beef and Creamed Eels, maybe much less in panic buying, and this store is fairly rural and remote.

Which may keep the zombie hordes at bay for a day...but the downside is, everything must come in by truck, over remote roads, far from the central warehouses.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-10-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Build Killdozers.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-10-2020 at 09:48 AM.

most of the major cities have ports....

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    If word gets out of a shortage that 2 day inventory will last 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bv3 View Post
    most of the major cities have ports....
    Good! Wall 'em off and leave 'em alone.

Let Chicago and StLouis ship in via the StLaurence, Denver down the Colorado and Dallas via the Red..

Truckers move this countries goods, without them even the ports would go under in short order and that's if foreign ships would dock....

The coastal cities are boils on the countries ass and they need to be lanced.........Maybe truckers are the scalpel.

Good! Wall 'em off and leave 'em alone.

Let Chicago and StLouis ship in via the StLaurence, Denver down the Colorado and Dallas via the Red..

Truckers move this countries goods, without them even the ports would go under in short order and that's if foreign ships would dock....

The coastal cities are boils on the countries ass and they need to be lanced.........Maybe truckers are the scalpel.
    I love truckers. I was a bike messenger. I consider them brothers of mine. Just was sayin, thats all. AND HALF THE TIME THEY TRY TO KILL ME LOL

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:25 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    ... which are full of shipping containers which came from their shipping source as well as get to their final destination by truck (and rail ... but they get from the railyards to warehouses and stores by truck)
    How unfortunate, that they would just hold ALL OF THE $#@! in their PORTS.

How unfortunate, that they would just hold ALL OF THE $#@! in their PORTS.
    Ports couldn't hold 3 days worth of "$#@!" without being overrun, they'd have to turn back freighters.

The volume of imported $#@! this country consumes is astronomical.

Ports couldn't hold 3 days worth of "$#@!" without being overrun, they'd have to turn back freighters.

The volume of imported $#@! this country consumes is astronomical.
    Okay, fair point, but commerce wouldn't be continuing as normal. Besides, here in Chicago there is like 60 miles of wide open lake front for excess storage etc. IM NOT TRYING TO SAY ITS RIGHT. I would like it if Truckers did strike. I'm not even sure why the teamsters union fell apart. Seemed like a good organization.

There is no use relying on leverage when the fulcrum is made of glass. Truckers strike, cities are resupplied with essential via ship, huge number of chinese and eastern european truckers arrive. And on it goes.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:28 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Since the 1970's, supply chains have been operating on "Just In Time (JIT)" inventory principles. In effect, the entire supply chain is a moving assembly line in which parts/products arrive at their destinations just as they are needed - rather than being stored until they are needed. Warehouses became distribution centers rather than storage centers. There is some elasticity built into the system ... but it's like your intestines; you ain't gonna be able to eat if you haven't crapped in three days.
    Whereas intestines are linear, supply chains (once a product is ready for consumption) are not. JIT may be the rule, but it isn't a law. If the truckers went on strike, they would mitigate the effect of the strike (keeping large population centers fed) for precisely as long as it took to ship in foreign truckers. "Doing the jobs americans don't want to do etc..." Or, otherwise, may "warp speed" the adoption of self driving trucks.

Whereas intestines are linear, supply chains (once a product is ready for consumption) are not. JIT may be the rule, but it isn't a law. If the truckers went on strike, they would mitigate the effect of the strike (keeping large population centers fed) for precisely as long as it took to ship in foreign truckers. "Doing the jobs americans don't want to do etc..." Or, otherwise, may "warp speed" the adoption of self driving trucks.
    Now, maybe the electric grid goes down, in giant swaths of the country, because key 760KVA transmission lines have been knocked down.

And then, maybe, hi pressure, hi volume gas, oil and chemical pipelines start to mysteriously blow up at key junction points.

These places are usually out in the middle of nowhere, and there is not enough regular troops to guard them all.

professionals study logistics
    The hell, you say.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now, maybe the electric grid goes down, in giant swaths of the country, because key 760KVA transmission lines have been knocked down.

And then, maybe, hi pressure, hi volume gas, oil and chemical pipelines start to mysteriously blow up at key junction points.

These places are usually out in the middle of nowhere, and there is not enough regular troops to guard them all.

The hell, you say.
    But I don't want that either. I don't want my people to be hurt (including many of you here)... I mean, think about it: Europe was modernized after WW2 because it was essentially destroyed. They are talking about a "great reset" and a "new normal" or whatever else corporate marxist drivel, and we shouldn't make their job easier for them by dismantling anything. As a thought, anyways. I really think we need to approach whatever is coming like Jews, and simply survive and keep the philosophy of freedom alive. 1000 years of darkness, maybe, but the dawn will come again. Our tradition, maybe negative in its underpinnings (that is, against tyranny) is the oldest one running.

Maybe discretion is indeed the better part of valor, and despite the hit to our collective honor--what is worth more, our honor? Or the philosophy of liberty? I guess what I am saying is that for a torch to be passed, one living hand must hand it to another.
    Last edited by bv3; 11-10-2020 at 12:17 PM.

There is no use relying on leverage when the fulcrum is made of glass. Truckers strike, cities are resupplied with essential via ship, huge number of chinese and eastern european truckers arrive. And on it goes.

I'm not sure we import food at an astronomical rate. However, we do truck it.

Don't count out the national guard, reserves and active duty. As well as Mexicans.

As far as production and transportation logistics: the Great Toilet Paper Armageddon of 2020 really did a number on the industry.

Like Voluntarist says, but further: you don't want to crap if you have no way to wipe your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    I'm not sure we import food at an astronomical rate. However, we do truck it.

Don't count out the national guard, reserves and active duty. As well as Mexicans.

As far as production and transportation logistics: the Great Toilet Paper Armageddon of 2020 really did a number on the industry.

Like Voluntarist says, but further: you don't want to crap if you have no way to wipe your ass.
    Yeah, hygiene is a detail, $#@!ting is priority. Over the short term? Use lake Michigan as a regional bidet. I think we need to come up with a way to provide our offspring with superior educations (not like that would be all that hard) and focus on that. Much of the rest of this, the war-bluster, is exactly what theye want. A trucker strike, in my estimation, will result in a massive onshoring program for foreign truckeres (already ongoing, lotsa Eastern Europeans jammin' gears) if not a rush into automation. I don't blame the eastern bloc, don't have any hate for them, but I do care about what happens to my country men who are running the roads.

Like the Ron Paul Curriculum, but on steroids and synthesizing the latest in pedagological research. A curriculum that works with neurological development and teaches proper subjects during the appropriate critical windows for their uptake by the young.

$#@!, they've given us a model for how to build a parallel society. It may be worth while for one of us to write the scriptures of liberty, and begin angling for religious exemptions.

A trucker strike would be a temporary shock, but would have permanent consequences. Rather, it would catalyze developments that are already impending. This will probably be the post that secure me my place in mass grave #153 LOL.
    Last edited by bv3; 11-10-2020 at 12:28 PM.

The hell, you say.
    https://www.eia.gov/state/maps.php

It is my understanding that those most interested in participating with this are the independent drivers.

The globalists, D's and R's, have been conspiring to put them out of business for years.

The big truck lines are incredibly large and they are universally feeding at the globalist trough.

Company drivers at these companies will only be able to participate at the cost of their jobs.

Biden and Trump would both be likely to label protesting independent drivers as domestic terrorists.

Their corporate masters would be pleased with wiping them out.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    It is my understanding that those most interested in participating with this are the independent drivers.

The globalists, D's and R's, have been conspiring to put them out of business for years.

The big truck lines are incredibly large and they are universally feeding at the globalist trough.

Company drivers at these companies will only be able to participate at the cost of their jobs.

Biden and Trump would both be likely to label protesting independent drivers as domestic terrorists.

Their corporate masters would be pleased with wiping them out.
    You're right about big-gov/big-trucking but you neglected to mention the public support and engagement the independents will/would have.

This would be a real tar-baby issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast