Thread: Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all.

Exclamation Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all.

Big Safety First play by Biden camp to start the historic first term:

4 hours ago

Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all. Here's how he plans on doing it.

Dr. Marc Siegel believes a more punitive approach to mask wearing may have the opposite impact of what the Biden admin intends.

By Lucas Manfredi | Fox News

Joe Biden launches transition website, names coronavirus response coordinator

President-elect taps Dr. Vivek Murthy to lead pandemic task force, as transition team prepares list of executive orders; Peter Doocy reports.

One of Joe Biden's first priorities as president-elect will be implementing mask mandates nationwide by working with governors. The future 46th president, however, says if they refuse than he will go to mayors and county executives and get local masking requirements in place.

STANFORD RESEARCHER WHO TRACKED TRUMP RALLIES CONCERNED BUT CAN'T COMMIT TO STUDYING BIDEN CELEBRATIONS

Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel believes that while masks are "the icing on the physical distancing cake" and should be worn properly both indoors and outdoors, especially when people are too close together, a more punitive approach to mask wearing may have the opposite impact of what the administration intends.

"I think masks are quite useful, but they have a place and they're not the be all and end all," Siegel said. "I'm worried that mandating this with fines and such may actually lead to more of a rebellion against it."
    He noted that the use of masks should be determined based on how much of the risk of exposure to the coronavirus is in a specific area rather than mandating it everywhere.

DC MAYOR TELLS EVERYONE WHO VOTED TO GET TESTED FOR COVID, BUT MUM ON BIDEN CELEBRATIONS

As for social distancing, Biden's plan says it will be used as more of a "dial" approach that will determine the risk of spread using evidence-based guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a move Siegel says is a mistake.

"I don't think social distancing is dial. I think masks are a dial," Siegel said. "Social distancing is something we should just be doing right now. You never know how much virus was in the community."

He believes physical distancing is actually more important to curbing the spread than masks are.
    "I think physical distancing is more important than masks," Siegel argued. "If you're 10 feet away from someone, you're not going to get the virus. If you're one foot away with a mask, you might."
    Siegel's comments come just a day after crowds flooded the street across major cities to celebrate Biden's projected win. While the majority of Americans supporting Biden have worn masks, many of the celebrations over the weekend had an absence of social distancing, which the president-elect has appeared silent on.

Biden on Monday is slated to announce his coronavirus task force, which will be headed by Vivek Murthy, the former U.S. surgeon general, and David Kessler, the former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.
    In addition, another member of the task force expected to play a key role will be Dr. Zeke Emanuel, an adviser to Biden and the architect of the Affordable Care Act. Emanuel told MarketWatch in an interview that it could be as late as November 2021 before the United States will be able to get out of the pandemic.

foxnews.com/politics/bidens-first-move-as-president-elect-mask-mandate-for-all-heres-how-he-plans-on-doing-it

In contrast, Prez had promoted masks as patriotic act when social distancing was not possible:

Trump says wearing a face mask is ‘patriotic’ and plans to resume COVID-19 briefings

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better hope the Supreme Court reverses the results.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Nah , thats his third move . He stated his first two are re joining the Paris climate accords and the World Health Organization because he is a globalist commie and hates americans .They deserve to be hated though for voting for him.

And the the mindless hordes of Karens will eat it up ... (and shove it down our throats, as well ...)

https://twitter.com/BobMurphyEcon/st...25166081232897
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I will not comply.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

No thanks

[QUOTE=Occam's Banana;6993814]And the the mindless hordes of Karens will eat it up ... (and shove it down our throats, as well ...)

Those responding to Wolf are probably lockdown bots. These bots on there are citing NZ and Taiwan as success lets not ignore that they completely stopped the testing.

I can only imagine if Biden/Harris decides to lock up America and for six months. Bye Bye New York City And LA jobs forever.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 11-09-2020 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I will not comply.
    Step one is noncompliance.

Step two is complying if they force it upon you for the sole purpose of retaining your physical freedom.

Step three is using your physical freedom to engineer the destruction of those responsible for its enactment and enforcement.

My humble suggestion to those that will not comply is to, under no circumstances, sacrifice your physical freedom. Sure, it is not the honorable approach where you fight to the bitter end to keep the damned mask off your face and get thrown in a cell or killed for your efforts, but it is the one that best promises a chance of actually making the bastards pay for their decision to enforce the mandate. Patriots are better served subverting and sapping those in power than spending their time honorably rotting away in prison or dead.

Of course, the mileage of others may vary. I respect those that would fight to the bitter end after any attempt at enforcement. However, it'd be a shame to let enforcers take the fight to patriots at times of their choosing. Just as the Founders of this country used guerilla warfare to their advantage, the goal is not just to fight the good fight but also to win.
    Last edited by BSWPaulsen; 11-09-2020 at 12:31 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWPaulsen View Post
    Step one is noncompliance.

Step two is complying if they force it upon you for the sole purpose of retaining your physical freedom.

Step three is using your physical freedom to engineer the destruction of those responsible for its enactment and enforcement.

My humble suggestion to those that will not comply is to, under no circumstances, sacrifice your physical freedom. Sure, it is not the honorable approach where you fight to the bitter end to keep the damned mask off your face and get thrown in a cell for your efforts, but it is the one that best promises a chance of actually making the bastards pay for their decision to enforce the mandate. Patriots are better served subverting and sapping those in power than spending their time honorably rotting away in prison.
    Some of us are going to prison, no matter what happens.

Let it be me, if that's what it comes down to, while providing cover for our younger, fitter revolutionaries.

Besides, some the world's most noted anti-authoritarians did their best work in prison.

But you are right, the better choice is to keep as many out of prison as possible.

Comply with nuclear deal with Iran.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forum.php

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Some of us are going to prison, no matter what happens.

Let it be me, if that's what it comes down to, while providing cover for our younger, fitter revolutionaries.

Besides, some the world's most noted anti-authoritarians did their best work in prison.

But you are right, the better choice is to keep as many out of prison as possible.
    I added a bit to my post above. I respect those that take imprisonment over complying, and you are right that some people do great work from there. I also respect the hell out of anyone that elects to fight at the moment enforcement is attempted. I really do, because honor is something vital to Western Civilization and American men.

Unfortunately, it is also foolish to fight the enemy at the time of their choosing. I'd much rather patriots appear to acquiesce to the demands of tyrants on the surface, then strike down the tyrants when their guard is lowered.

"They tell us sir that we are weak - unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a...guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging that delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have [muzzled and] bound us hand and foot?" - Patrick Henry (emphasis and bracketed text added)
    Last edited by CCTelander; 11-09-2020 at 01:00 AM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Babies wear diapers. Free men wear sidearms and carry rifles.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Babies wear diapers. Free men wear sidearms and carry rifles.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult.

To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.” ― C.S. Lewis

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies.

The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult.

To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.” ― C.S. Lewis

One of my favorite quotes. I have many.

I'd +rep you if I could.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And the the mindless hordes of Karens will eat it up ... (and shove it down our throats, as well ...)

https://twitter.com/BobMurphyEcon/st...25166081232897
    Wow! I can't believe Naomi Wolf was that gullible.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah I'm gonna pass on that one.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Well it is an "R" pushing this ,,

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/11/...nor-issue-new/

Utah governor orders statewide mask mandate
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:24 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Well it is an "R" pushing this ,,

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/11/...nor-issue-new/

Utah governor orders statewide mask mandate
    They are also putting in restrictions on gatherings. There is going to be plenty of non-compliance for both.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The Biden family giving the “good” example…
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The Biden family giving the “good” example…
    I'm going to ask my Biden supporting friends to name one thing that Biden is going to do that increases our freedom. Or more specifically one thing that doesn't require the initiation of physical force.

The only problem is they have a twisted definition of freedom. For example one liberal friend argued that increasing the minimum wage increases freedom ... from exploitation! Where do you go with that?

Republican Governor of Utah declaring a state of emergency and mask mandate for the state.

It might be that the risk of death has gone down from the virus alone, but sudden surges in hospitilization are going to put stress on the system.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-gove...s-restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Big Safety First play by Biden camp to start the historic first term:

4 hours ago

Biden's first move as president-elect? Mask mandate for all. Here's how he plans on doing it.

Dr. Marc Siegel believes a more punitive approach to mask wearing may have the opposite impact of what the Biden admin intends.

By Lucas Manfredi | Fox News

Joe Biden launches transition website, names coronavirus response coordinator

President-elect taps Dr. Vivek Murthy to lead pandemic task force, as transition team prepares list of executive orders; Peter Doocy reports.

One of Joe Biden's first priorities as president-elect will be implementing mask mandates nationwide by working with governors. The future 46th president, however, says if they refuse than he will go to mayors and county executives and get local masking requirements in place.

STANFORD RESEARCHER WHO TRACKED TRUMP RALLIES CONCERNED BUT CAN'T COMMIT TO STUDYING BIDEN CELEBRATIONS

Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel believes that while masks are "the icing on the physical distancing cake" and should be worn properly both indoors and outdoors, especially when people are too close together, a more punitive approach to mask wearing may have the opposite impact of what the administration intends.

"I think masks are quite useful, but they have a place and they're not the be all and end all," Siegel said. "I'm worried that mandating this with fines and such may actually lead to more of a rebellion against it."
    He noted that the use of masks should be determined based on how much of the risk of exposure to the coronavirus is in a specific area rather than mandating it everywhere.

DC MAYOR TELLS EVERYONE WHO VOTED TO GET TESTED FOR COVID, BUT MUM ON BIDEN CELEBRATIONS

As for social distancing, Biden's plan says it will be used as more of a "dial" approach that will determine the risk of spread using evidence-based guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a move Siegel says is a mistake.

"I don't think social distancing is dial. I think masks are a dial," Siegel said. "Social distancing is something we should just be doing right now. You never know how much virus was in the community."

He believes physical distancing is actually more important to curbing the spread than masks are.
    "I think physical distancing is more important than masks," Siegel argued. "If you're 10 feet away from someone, you're not going to get the virus. If you're one foot away with a mask, you might."
    Siegel's comments come just a day after crowds flooded the street across major cities to celebrate Biden's projected win. While the majority of Americans supporting Biden have worn masks, many of the celebrations over the weekend had an absence of social distancing, which the president-elect has appeared silent on.

Biden on Monday is slated to announce his coronavirus task force, which will be headed by Vivek Murthy, the former U.S. surgeon general, and David Kessler, the former commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration.
    In addition, another member of the task force expected to play a key role will be Dr. Zeke Emanuel, an adviser to Biden and the architect of the Affordable Care Act. Emanuel told MarketWatch in an interview that it could be as late as November 2021 before the United States will be able to get out of the pandemic.

foxnews.com/politics/bidens-first-move-as-president-elect-mask-mandate-for-all-heres-how-he-plans-on-doing-it

In contrast, Prez had promoted masks as patriotic act when social distancing was not possible:

Trump says wearing a face mask is ‘patriotic’ and plans to resume COVID-19 briefings

That is purely a POLITICAL move totally unsupported by scientists.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Media has completely ignored this shocking statement from close friend and lawyer of President of US:

"China manufactured the virus and let it out and they DELIBERATELY SPREAD IT AROUND THE WORLD" -Rudy Giuliani
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    That is purely a POLITICAL move totally unsupported by scientists.
    Could be.
    But how lucky is Biden, on first weekday after media declares him Prez elect, a miracle cure for covid has been found and DOW jumped +1500 points this morning.
    So 'mask manadate' may remain a political statement only or might be in place for very brief time if it came to that.

Foxnews medical expert informed Americans today that 'be afraid of the virus but don't be afraid of this (miracle) vaccine because it does not inject virus in the body but makes its protein in the body after injected".

Biden declared Prez Elect: Sat Nov 7th
    Covid Miracle news and +1500 points Dow jump : Mon Nov 9th

I don't like wearing a mask. I can handle them for short trips to a store. I go in and out as fast as possible. I will start using delivery services more if it gets more restrictive than i already is. I go maskless as much as possible. One thing about a mask is that it is that I can take it off. This is not the battle for me. If you want to fight this particular battle go ahead I'll send money when we have a chip in for you. I have just about reached my level of tolerance of BS we all will have our own battles I think.

Hopefully this place will be our place for a while longer and we can support and strengthen each other as much as possible. I hope ED don't split his @$$ too much while he's straddling the fence.