Thread: Women Rising: Kamala Harris first female, first Black, first South Asian VP, 32 GOP women win

Exclamation Women Rising: Kamala Harris first female, first Black, first South Asian VP, 32 GOP women win

As Prez Trump also celeberated few days ago, more historic diversity wins during MAGA term and record number of women have been elected to Congress with many historic Firsts.
    One gender's rising doesn't translate to any other gender's "sinking", it's a win-win situation thanks in part to Prez Trump's strong commitment to diversity in America and GOP.

Kamala Harris, Cori Bush and others who made history in the 2020 election

Joe Biden is projected to win the U.S. presidential election, according to NBC News. With that, his vice presidential running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, has made history.

Harris, who was born to a Jamaican father and Indian mother, is the first woman, first Black American and first South Asian American to be vice president.
    And, she isn’t the only one making history in the election. This year, a record 298 women were candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives, up from 234 in 2018. For the Senate, 20 women were candidates, down from 23 in 2018, according to the Center for American Women and Politics (CAWP). Of the 298 women running for House seats, a record 115 identified as Black, Latina or Native American.
    In addition to a record number of women running for office, the LGBTQ Victory Fund reports that more than 1,000 LGBTQ+ people ran for elected seats in 2020, the most in U.S. history. This means that in many states and cities, a historical barrier was broken with the election of a woman, person of color or LGBTQ+ individual.
    In Delaware for example, Sarah McBride made history by being elected the first openly trans state senator in U.S. history. And in Missouri, Black Lives Matter activist Cori Bush will become the state’s first Black congresswoman.

“I am hopeful that tonight’s result can send a potentially lifesaving message to a young trans kid,” McBride told BuzzFeed News after her Nov. 3 win. “They can go to sleep knowing that their dreams and their truths are not mutually exclusive.”
    Take a look below to see how McBride, Bush and other candidates have made history in the 2020 election thus far.

Harris bursts through another barrier, becoming the first female, first Black and first South Asian vice president-elect

Sat November 7, 2020
    (CNN)Kamala Harris, who on Saturday became America's first female, first Black and first South Asian vice president-elect, represents a new face of political power after an election all about who wields power and how they use it.

The California senator's history-making win also represents the millions of women in the demographics -- often overlooked, historically underrepresented and systematically ignored -- who are now the recipients of that new power for the first time in the country's 200-plus-year history.
    Harris tweeted a video of herself on the phone with President-elect Joe Biden shortly after CNN projected their win.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/07/polit...ian/index.html

More women than ever before were elected to Congress — Here are their historic 'firsts'

The 2020 election cycle has proven that the future for women in politics is brighter than ever before.
    Image: Cori Bush
    Cori Bush celebrates at an election watch party outside her campaign headquarters at North Oaks Plaza, in St. Louis.Laurie Skrivan / St. Louis Post-Dispatch via AP

Nov. 6, 2020
    By Halley Bondy

The outcome of the 2020 election has made one thing crystal clear: women on both sides of the political aisle have won big.

So far, women candidates have secured 135 Congressional seats, including 103 Democrats and 32 Republicans, which is an all-time record.

The number of women in Congress has steadily climbed since 1981, when just 17 women served in both the House and Senate. In the 2018 midterms, an impressive 127 women were elected. Experts thought that spike may have been an anomaly, but the latest results demonstrate otherwise, according to experts.

“While the 2018 gains were larger, we’re not seeing a backslide,” said Kelly Dittmar, director of Rutgers’ Center for American Women and Politics. “In order to get to gender parity in congress, we need women both to run and win on both sides of the aisle.”

In addition to women winning a historic number of seats, there are many other “firsts,” including:
    Cori Bush is Missouri's first Black congresswoman

Democrat Cori Bush won a seat in Missouri’s 1st Congressional District, making her the first Black woman to serve in the state’s congress. Her battle to win the seat was detailed in “Knock Down the House,” a Netflix documentary that premiered last year at the Sundance Film Festival.
    Candidate Cori Bush on her bid and staying true to herself
    Oct. 15, 202004:58
    New Mexico is the first state to elect all women of color to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Three women of color, Deb Haaland (D), Yvette Herrell (R), and Teresa Leger Fernandez (D) were elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in New Mexico, making it the first state to feature a House exclusively made up of women of color.

Yvette Herrell is the first Republican Native American woman elected to Congress.

Yvette Herrell won the 2nd District House seat in New Mexico, making her the first Republican Native American woman to be elected to Congress. Herrell is a career politician and a member of the Cherokee nation.
    Kesha Ram is the first woman of color elected to Vermont’s Senate.

Democrat Kesha Ram was elected as the first woman of color to serve in the historically-white Vermont Senate on Tuesday. Ram, who is Indian and Jewish, previously began serving in the state’s House of Representatives when she was only 22.
    Sarah McBride is the first out transperson senator in U.S. history.

Representing Delaware, Democrat Sarah McBride became the first out transperson senator in the country’s history. She is currently National Press Secretary at the LGBTQ advocacy group the Human Rights Campaign.

Transgender activist Sarah McBride, who hopes to win a seat in the Delaware Senate, campaigns at the Claymont Boys & Girls Club in Claymont, Del., Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020.Jason Minto / AP

Republican women in Congress have reached an all-time high.

A record 32 Republican women were elected to congress, including 13 new candidates. The number represents a spike since the 2018 election, when 22 Republican women served. This election is a historic gain for a party that has historically underrepresented women, according to Dittmar.
    Stephanie Byers is the first out trans person of color ever elected to a state legislature.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-va...ir-ncna1246757

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She will also be the first female president and next president after Biden.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This thread seems a little premature.

Kamala Harris is a slut. She sucked on 60 year old, married BBC in order to get a leg up in her political life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lie-Brown.html

How 29-year-old Kamala Harris began an affair with powerful San Francisco politician Willie Brown, then 60 and married, who appointed her to two lucrative positions only to dump her after he was voted first black mayor of the city

• Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris dated San Francisco's first black mayor Wilile Brown in the 1990s, while he was still married but separated from his wife
    • Brown is 31 years Harris' senior and she was his 'constant companion' on the campaign trail. They met while he was 60 and Harris was 29
    • But when Brown was inaugurated in 1996, his estranged wife Blanche was by his side after 'splitting' two years prior
    • Harris has struggled to shirk her association with Brown, whom she has described as 'an albatross hanging around my neck'
    • He was State Assembly Speaker for 15 years, appointing her to unemployment insurance appeals board and California medical assistance commission
    • Brown is notorious for his love of sports cars, flash designer suits and for being named one of the world's 10 sexiest men by Playgirl magazine
    • He had also been seen with a 'succession' of beautiful women despite having been married for 25 years, being dubbed 'the real Slick Willy' by Bill Clinton

Did not see any of this mentioned in her profile and diversity celeberation done by NBC and ABC news today.
    But they didn't mention any of her politcal stances or record either. Media may be trying to sell her like "Obama drama" who was given "Nobel Peace Prize" without even seeing any of his policies in action and presumably just based on his statements or skin shade traits.

That said, sexual morality standards would have to be applied uniformaly for public office holders of both genders. Not long ago Christian conservatives like Mike Lee and Mike Pence had taken very critical stances on Trump conduct in this area also.
    Hopefully "alpha female" would not be becoming part of our political lexicon in time ahead.

Not excusing her conduct and realizing that conduct in all areas of life is generally a measure of a person's character but politically speaking, 'political sluts' or 'political prostitutes' would be much bigger concern for public interest than personal private conduct that doesn't undermine public service duties.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    One gender's rising doesn't translate to any other gender's "sinking", it's a win-win situation thanks in part to Prez Trump's strong commitment to diversity in America and GOP.
    As soon as I saw that thread title, I knew it had to be you.

But what kind of game are you playing here...is my sarcasm meter broken or are you being serious?

Because all you've done is mock Trump whenever he tries to "enhance diversity".
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    Kamala Harris is a slut. She sucked on 60 year old, married BBC in order to get a leg up in her political life.

How 29-year-old Kamala Harris began an affair with powerful San Francisco politician Willie Brown, then 60 and married, who appointed her to two lucrative positions only to dump her after he was voted first black mayor of the city

• Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris dated San Francisco's first black mayor Wilile Brown in the 1990s, while he was still married but separated from his wife
    • Brown is 31 years Harris' senior and she was his 'constant companion' on the campaign trail. They met while he was 60 and Harris was 29
    • But when Brown was inaugurated in 1996, his estranged wife Blanche was by his side after 'splitting' two years prior
    • Harris has struggled to shirk her association with Brown, whom she has described as 'an albatross hanging around my neck'
    • He was State Assembly Speaker for 15 years, appointing her to unemployment insurance appeals board and California medical assistance commission
    • Brown is notorious for his love of sports cars, flash designer suits and for being named one of the world's 10 sexiest men by Playgirl magazine
    • He had also been seen with a 'succession' of beautiful women despite having been married for 25 years, being dubbed 'the real Slick Willy' by Bill Clinton
    And this is how she can become President. Go Ol' Joe is one blow job away from a stroke and bingo! She breaks another barrier.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    More than that it is sickening. She does not represent my ideal woman. Don't lump me in with her just because we both are female.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Harris is pro-abortion. She is for tax payer funded abortions. She is vile.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Women Rising: Kamala Harris first female, first Black, first South Asian VP, 32 GOP women win

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

But what kind of game are you playing here...is my sarcasm meter broken or are you being serious?

I never paid attention to Enhanced until recently. I think he is paid to post here by some pro-Moslem organization.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    More than that it is sickening. She does not represent my ideal woman. Don't lump me in with her just because we both are female.
    She will however, be a role model for young women. I guess this is the expectation the DNC is signaling.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Yea he tries to "enhance diversity" while at the same time "enhances deficits and debts by many multitudes"... so light sprinkle of sarcasm can be thorwn in the mix.

Diversity (race/gender/religion/lifestyle LGBTQ) is politically interesting topic for Trump Presidency labeled "racist/bigot" by media for most of his term while he compares himself to 'honest Abe Lincoln' repeatedly. I also find myself focussing on aspects of issues that are overlooked or burrried in MSM narratives. Media for most of his term failed to celeberate his Presidency as champion of 'diversity is our strength' model and kept calling him "racist" long after he had distanced himself from 2016 'birther certificate' play and switched to 'social justice' messaging after winning election. But often his statements are inconsistent too, plenty of room for legitimate criticism especially when I see him drifting in wrong direction on other important policy issues.
    Although in the past for a short period I went along and supported Obama in 2008 when left wing liberals came up with a historic play to "politically punish" Bush-Cheney supporting GOP bases as America was swept by anti Iraq war sentiment wave, celeberating diversity alone on the basis of race/skin shade/gender etc if it is not competence and merit based is counter productive imo. Diversity of ideas in an equal opportunity environment is ideal. But media, politicians play this game, so have to discuss top headlines being served to the public.

Kamala Harris is black? Does Diamond and Silk know about this?

Diversity of ideas in an equal opportunity environment is ideal. But media, politicians play this game, so have to discuss top headlines being served to the public.
    Diversity in ideas tends to be anathema in the current political environment. There most certainly seem to be broad categories of "wrong-think", and those attempting to express any of those views are shunned and "cancelled".

Did Harris earn her Vice-Presidency by deeds or competence or merit as you say? Or did Biden simply rule out men and white people from consideration and she was available and willing?

I'd vote for anyone with the proper principles, regardless of their sex, race, sexuality, etc. But it seems that people are being elected and chosen based on their sex, race, sexuality, etc., regardless of their principles.

Do enough of that, and yes, we'll have "colorful" rulers. And they'll drag us straight to Hell, just the same.

No, but to a vast majority of women, she does.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

These forums never get boring. This was not supposed to be a controversial topic, couple of posters (elgans, NCLiberty) seem confused and apparently getting emotionally triggered in a weird way. Earlier emotional triggering seemed to surface in LGBTQ or Israel lobby/Andrew Adler Atlanta related topics but lately in random threads
    Not sure where the misunderstanding could be stemming from. So there is no ambiguity, I'm only opposed to Israeli lobbies (or any foreign lobbies for that matter) efforts that undermine US political system by bribing/buying politicians & try to push US into wars for interests of foreign countries under false pretenses. Also not at all opposed to gay rights, LGBTQ diversity discussions were in political context only. In case there was any misunderstanding, I believe people have right to choose whichever lifestyles they prefer in their private lives, only government should not be involved in such private matters.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would bet anything that Kamala Harris is a legit, diagnosable sociopath. Or APD or whatever they call it now. Whenever I look at her I see someone trying to mimic human emotions, hence the bizarre fake cackle she busts out.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    She will also be the first female president and next president after Biden.
    If Trump made a comback in a new Reality TV show on NBC or on his own anti-Foxnews channel , wonder if he would call her a "champion" also impressed by her historic accomplishment as he referred to Prez Obama in his book during Obama's historic first term.
    He does flip-flop a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Badnon Wissenshaftler View Post
    Diversity in ideas tends to be anathema in the current political environment. There most certainly seem to be broad categories of "wrong-think", and those attempting to express any of those views are shunned and "cancelled".

Did Harris earn her Vice-Presidency by deeds or competence or merit as you say?
    .. .
    I think your post answered your own question, VP choices are often based on political calculations including demographic factors. Competence is probably not among top 3 qualifications, just guessing.

Trump does get credit for being straight shooter for part of his 2016 campaign when most of GOP was looking like a group of timid kids too afraid to be too critical of Obama.

Think of all the safety we've got to look forward to.

This was not supposed to be a controversial topic, couple of posters (elgans, NCLiberty) seem confused and apparently getting emotionally triggered in a weird way.
    LOL. You got busted, and now you're glossing over it.

Also not at all opposed to gay rights,
    There's no such thing as "gay rights." If you say that, then you're saying the rights only apply to certain groups of people. Try "human rights" or "natural rights" instead.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 11-07-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    And this is how she can become President. Go Ol' Joe is one blow job away from a stroke and bingo! She breaks another barrier.
    You guys are too hard on her. While we are deluged with all of this feminist, intersectional, post-modern, critical theory nonsense, Kamala worked her way up the ladder in a very traditional way.

Yeah, she may not be the stereotypical feminist, or even just a hard worker, but in modern feminism, there is the Cardi B effect, so moving up the ladder with WAP is becoming more and more acceptable.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Guess we could hold off on diversity celeberations till election results are certified.
    Thought since GOP base BFF Foxnews is already celeberating, it would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Dary View Post
    Kamala Harris is black? Does Diamond and Silk know about this?

Have not seen the duo on Foxnews since election results came out , so not sure : - )

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You guys are too hard on her. While we are deluged with all of this feminist, intersectional, post-modern, critical theory nonsense, Kamala worked her way up the ladder in a very traditional way.

Yeah, she may not be the stereotypical feminist, or even just a hard worker, but in modern feminism, there is the Cardi B effect, so moving up the ladder with WAP is becoming more and more acceptable.
    Again, up has become down, left becomes right, sane has replaced insane. I thought empowering women was about treating them as persons capable of life outside family obligations and sexual pleasure. Now we have reverted to treating them as a collection of body parts.

EXTREMELY FICTIONAL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...history-trump/
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To give credit where due, there probably has never been any other GOP or Dem President in entire US history during whose one term so many historic milestones were reached.
    Ironically, DJTvsg himself will be the "First One-Term Prez" in three decades despite all these ceilings being broken left and right during his Presidential term.

Doug Emhoff, Kamala Harris' husband, will be the nation's first 'second gentleman'

Jeanine Santucci, USA TODAY
    Nov. 7, 2020

WASHINGTON – With Vice President-elect Kamala Harris' historic election as the first African American and Asian American woman in her position comes another historic role for her husband, Doug Emhoff. He'll be the country's first "second gentleman" when Harris is sworn in as vice president in January.
    Emhoff will be the first male spouse of any vice president or president, and he played a big role in the campaign for Joe Biden's presidency.

Meet Kamala's proud husband: The 55-year-old hot shot lawyer could be the first Jewish spouse of a president or VP

usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/07/kamala-harris-husband-doug-emhoff-first-second-gentleman/6168693002/

Related

Doug Emhoff on How Joe Biden and Kamala Harris Will Keep Standing Up for the Jewish Community and Israel

Guess we could hold off on diversity celeberations till election results are certified.
    Thought since GOP base BFF Foxnews is already celeberating, it would be ok.

Have not seen the duo on Foxnews since election results came out , so not sure : - )
    Foxnews is only BFF if it gets people to watch them.

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 12-07-2020 at 08:20 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.