Thread: Oregon passes measures to legalize psilocybin therapy and decriminalize all drugs

Oregon passes measures to legalize psilocybin therapy and decriminalize all drugs

Oregon Voters Approve Initiative To Legalize Psilocybin Mushroom Therapy

Kyle Jaeger
    November 3, 2020

Oregon voters have approved a first-in-the-nation ballot initiative to legalize the use of psilocybin mushrooms for therapeutic purposes, according to a projection from The Oregonian

OR Measure 109: Legalize Psilocybin Therapy
    Last updated: 11/3/2020, 11:40:07 PM
    CANDIDATE VOTES PERCENT
    Yes 1,040,877 55.92%
    No 820,419 44.08%
    1,861,296 votes counted. 78.89% - 91.81% in.
    Powered by
    DDHQ
    Results tracker sponsored by ETFMG | MJ.

Under the measure, adults will be able to access the psychedelic in a medically supervised environment. There aren’t any limitations on the types of conditions that would make a patient eligible for the treatment.

Currently, there are no such policies in place anywhere else in the U.S., though the victory for reformers does come amid a growing national movement to decriminalize a wide range of entheogenic substances, including ayahuasca and ibogaine. Oakland, Santa Cruz and Ann Arbor have made laws against plant- and fungi-derived psychedelics among their cities’ lowest enforcement priorities.

Under the Oregon psilocybin therapy measure, regulators would be responsible for issuing licenses for the manufacturing, testing and administering of the psychedelic by January 2, 2023.

read more:
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/oreg...hroom-therapy/

Oregon Voters Approve Ballot Measure To Decriminalize All Drugs And Fund Treatment Services

Kyle Jaeger
    November 3, 202

Oregon voters have approved a historic ballot initiative to decriminalize possession of all currently illicit drugs and invest in substance misuse treatment, according to a projection from The Oregonian.

The decriminalization measure will remove criminal penalties for low-level drug possession offenses—something that no other U.S. state has yet done. Instead, those caught possessing a controlled substance will be subject to a $100 fine or be required to complete a health assessment within 45 days.

The new law will also use existing tax revenue from marijuana sales, which voters legalized in 2014, to fund expanded drug treatment programs.

OR Measure 110: Decriminalize Drugs
    Last updated: 11/3/2020, 11:42:22 PM
    CANDIDATE VOTES PERCENT
    Yes 1,082,107 59.12%
    No 748,123 40.88%
    1,830,230 votes counted. 77.57% - 90.28% in.
    Powered by
    DDHQ
    Results tracker sponsored by ETFMG | MJ.

“Today’s victory is a landmark declaration that the time has come to stop criminalizing people for drug use,” Kassandra Frederique, executive director of the Drug Policy Alliance, said in a press release. “Measure 110 is arguably the biggest blow to the war on drugs to date.”

“It shifts the focus where it belongs—on people and public health—and removes one of the most common justifications for law enforcement to harass, arrest, prosecute, incarcerate and deport people,” she said. “As we saw with the domino effect of marijuana legalization, we expect this victory to inspire other states to enact their own drug decriminalization policies that prioritize health over punishment.”

read more:
    https://www.marijuanamoment.net/oreg...ment-services/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good..
    The VA has also been looking at the therapeutic effects.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Mushroom therapy has been used on Danke for some time without his knowledge . You decide if the results are positive.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Mushroom therapy has been used on Danke for some time without his knowledge . You decide if the results are positive.
    LOL,,
    I would never dose anyone against their will and knowledge..

I will also Guide anyone wishing to do so. I am Experienced.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

At least Oregonians understand freedom as it relates to substances. Why can't they follow though with firearms, keeping the money you earn, etc?

Also, with this:

“People suffering from addiction are more effectively treated with health care services than with criminal punishments,” the bill reads. “A health care approach includes a health assessment to figure out the needs of people who are suffering from addiction, and it includes connecting them to the services they need.”

Look, I agree with the direction of things here, but...

How about I get to do/buy/sell drugs because FREEDOM?!

I don't agree that everyone who takes drugs is some kind of victim. Some are addicted, but for many, it's the weekend and let's get f***ed up! And rightly so if you've earned it!

This is good news.

And yet Halogeton glomeratus remains illegal to grow, possess, or distribute under their noxious weed law. Thank you enlightened Oregonians for showing us the way. Some hallucinogens are more equal than others. Either that or they are biased against traditional medicine that comes from Middle Eastern countries.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Great news. Too bad none of this stuff happening in other states happened in Indiana.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.