Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Biden Suggested Jailing Fossil Fuel Executives to Fight Climate Change in 2019

  1. #1

    Exclamation Biden Suggested Jailing Fossil Fuel Executives to Fight Climate Change in 2019

    Biden Suggested Jailing Fossil Fuel Executives to Fight Climate Change in 2019

    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...hange-in-2019/

    Haris Alic 29 Oct 2020

    Former Vice President Joe Biden suggested last year that, if elected, his administration would seek to fight climate change by any possible measure, including jailing fossil fuel executives for excessive pollution.

    Biden, who is under fire for his position on fracking in the closing days of the presidential contest, made the comments during a campaign swing through New Hampshire in 2019 ahead of the state’s first in the nation primary. During an event with supporters in Peterborough, the former vice president was asked about what the consequences to America would be if the country did not stop using fossil fuels in the future–to which Biden responded, “we’re all dead.”

    “We have to set sort of guide rails down now, so between the years 2021 and 2030, it’s irreversible, the path we set ourselves on. And one of which is doing away with any substance for fossil fuels – number one,” Biden said during the event.

    “Number two, holding them liable for what they have done,” the former vice president said of fossil fuel executives, “particularly in those cases where your underserved neighborhoods and – you know the deal, okay. And by the way, when they don’t want to deliver, put them in jail. I’m not joking about this.”


    @ Joe Biden on fossil fuel execs: “We should put them in jail” for pollution pic.twitter.com/OLqZMwi4E5

    — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) December 29, 2019

    Biden’s comments from 2019 come back into the spotlight as the Democrat nominee is facing criticism from Republicans and voters, alike, over his shifting stance on fracking.

    During the final presidential debate of the general election earlier this month, the former vice president asserted that he did not support a ban on fracking, but did admit that the United States would have to transition from oil at some point in the near future.

    The remarks quickly were seized upon by Republicans, who claim that the Democrat nominee’s position on energy is in line with more progressive elements of his party, which favor banning fracking and programs like the Green New Deal.

    Despite Biden’s assertion on fracking, the former vice president’s climate change proposal states that, if elected, his administration would adopt a 100 percent clean-electricity standard by 2035. A similar idea was initially raised by Gov. Jay Inslee (D-WA) last year during his own ill-fated run for the Democrat nomination.

    If implemented, it would ensure that all electricity produced in the United States would be “carbon-free.” This would likely have a massive impact on the coal and natural gas industries that, according to the Energy Information Association, produce around 63 percent of all electricity in the country.

    Democrat Joe Biden doubled down on his promise to eliminate the fossil fuel industry and, as a result, millions of energy workers' jobs. https://t.co/tndJRAYxba

    — Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) October 24, 2020

    Biden’s climate change plan also calls for the creation of a new division within the Department of Justice to combat pollution and advance “environmental and climate justice.”

    The division will be responsible for cracking down on the businesses and corporations, including their executives, that contribute to pollution. It will be empowered to pursue pollution “cases to the fullest extent permitted by law and, when needed, seek additional legislation to hold corporate executives personally accountable–including jail time [when] merited.”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-29-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    It was at this point when Bolshevik Bernie doubled down and said he would be willing to prosecute anybody associated with oil drilling.

    This is how Marxist revolution rolls...when Marxists come into power, all that had gone before will be wiped away, and you can find yourself being prosecuted or GULAGed or exterminated for "crimes against the people" that, last year, were an honest days work providing the very necessities of life to people.

    Just ask the Kulak farmers of Ukraine and Soviet Georgia under Stalin.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  4. #3
    ////

  5. #4
    I am all for alternative energy if they have a product that people will buy without being forced. I think the markets should rule this fight. Biden sat for 47 years and did essentially nothing except lock people up. steal and sell his office. His BS just can't be allowed to stand.

  6. #5
    Got an uncle that works in the oil industry. He's gonna be pissed if Biden becomes president and implements the Green New Deal.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Got an uncle that works in the oil industry. He's gonna be pissed if Biden becomes president and implements the Green New Deal.
    I tell people all the time that they have to vote to keep the economy running. Even if they don't like Trump they just have to vote for him. Principals before personality is what I keep telling people. All my friends in 12 step recovery understand this.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Got an uncle that works in the oil industry. He's gonna be pissed if Biden becomes president and implements the Green New Deal.
    He doesn't know how to code, huh? That's okay. In the first 100 days of the incoming Biden Administration, he will be setting up free coding workshops for those on unemployment and those he's will be unemploying. It is part of the Fair Green Deal program.

    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Got an uncle that works in the oil industry. He's gonna be pissed if Biden becomes president and implements the Green New Deal.
    I'm in oil and gas as well.

    I have a "greenie" friend. I once invited him out to "the patch", so he could actually see how it's done. He declined...

    I'm on a drilling location, or sometimes even a completions (this is the stage during which the wells are "fracked") about once a week these days. In the past I was on multiple pads, multiple days a week. I've been in this industry for 8 years. I've driven all over the patch in PA, OH and WV. I've traveled to the Permian in West Texas, the DJ in Colorado, the Powder River basin in Wyoming, and the Bakken in North Dakota. I've never seen the "destruction" these people claim this industry causes. All I ever see is lots of previously poor people now gainfully employed, many with high paying manual labor jobs - in fact I manage 30-40 of them myself (and many of them make +$100,000/year); I see landowners in the patch that have remodeled run-down farm houses, or who've built brand-new homes, and/or barns, installed concrete driveways, etc. And the streams still run clear, and full of fish; the fields are lush and full, no cows lying dead from drinking contaminated water, no dead trees... my employees test truckloads of drill cuttings for radiation levels - if you're a frequent flyer, you're exposed to more radiation than you are standing unprotected beside a load of this material.

    You wouldn't believe how many of these companies go above and beyond even PA's fairly strict environmental regulations. And the majority of them pride themselves on providing safe operations for the people working on their locations.

    The opposition to this clean, safe natural resource is absolutely mystifying to me.



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Climate change is still a hoax
    Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Super Joe Biden is already draining the swamp?

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    The opposition to this clean, safe natural resource is absolutely mystifying to me.
    I tried to PM you but your message inbox is out of memory.

    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    I tried to PM you but your message inbox is out of memory.

    XNN
    Just made some space...

  14. #12
    Thx. Sent.
    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

  15. #13
    ////

  16. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Got an uncle that works in the oil industry. He's gonna be pissed if Biden becomes president and implements the Green New Deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I'm in oil and gas as well.
    Yup, so am I.

    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    The opposition to this clean, safe natural resource is absolutely mystifying to me.
    Short answer:

    "They" do not want a comfortable and prosperous middle class of people.

    In the Marxist canon, that, the middle class bourgeois, is the single biggest threat to and stumbling block for, never ending revolution and Marxist control.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I'm in oil and gas as well.

    I have a "greenie" friend. I once invited him out to "the patch", so he could actually see how it's done. He declined...

    I'm on a drilling location, or sometimes even a completions (this is the stage during which the wells are "fracked") about once a week these days. In the past I was on multiple pads, multiple days a week. I've been in this industry for 8 years. I've driven all over the patch in PA, OH and WV. I've traveled to the Permian in West Texas, the DJ in Colorado, the Powder River basin in Wyoming, and the Bakken in North Dakota. I've never seen the "destruction" these people claim this industry causes. All I ever see is lots of previously poor people now gainfully employed, many with high paying manual labor jobs - in fact I manage 30-40 of them myself (and many of them make +$100,000/year); I see landowners in the patch that have remodeled run-down farm houses, or who've built brand-new homes, and/or barns, installed concrete driveways, etc. And the streams still run clear, and full of fish; the fields are lush and full, no cows lying dead from drinking contaminated water, no dead trees... my employees test truckloads of drill cuttings for radiation levels - if you're a frequent flyer, you're exposed to more radiation than you are standing unprotected beside a load of this material.

    You wouldn't believe how many of these companies go above and beyond even PA's fairly strict environmental regulations. And the majority of them pride themselves on providing safe operations for the people working on their locations.

    The opposition to this clean, safe natural resource is absolutely mystifying to me.

    I lived in the middle of this in southwest Pennsylvaina over the past 12 years. This statement is 100% true.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP


    "When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous


    “The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Degrowth
    https://www.resilience.org/stories/2...ko-milanovich/

    This should not come as a surprise, because the point of capitalism is surplus extraction, elite accumulation, and reinvestment for expansion – not meeting human needs. To the extent that the system does meet human needs, this is generally the result of political interventions (i.e., unions, labour rights, public provisioning, etc.).
    Shorter answer "Capitalism is evil. Communism is good."

    XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

  21. #18
    To the extent that the system does meet human needs, this is generally the result of political interventions (i.e., unions, labour rights, public provisioning, etc.)
    This is so demonstrably false as to be laughable.

    No political/economic system or philosophy has lifted more people out of poverty than free market capitalism.

    But because AmeriKunts have the attention span of gnats and the historical literacy of a bunch of high functioning retards, we are on the verge of voting into power a Marxist regime whose first action will be to do just what Hugo Chavez did in Venezuela...pack the courts.

    Twenty years from now, our children will be dying of malnutrition in the streets, picking through trash heaps for toilet paper and eating their pets and zoo animals.

    All while destroying the economy and leaving trillions of dollars of natural resources laying in the ground, just like Venezuela.

    And importing millions more from those failed countries, who will vote the same failed policies into power...like Californication on steroids.

    Way to go, geniuses.
    We must picture Hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment. - C. S. Lewis

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is so demonstrably false as to be laughable.

    No political/economic system or philosophy has lifted more people out of poverty than free market capitalism.

    But because AmeriKunts have the attention span of gnats and the historical literacy of a bunch of high functioning retards, we are on the verge of voting into power a Marxist regime whose first action will be to do just what Hugo Chavez did in Venezuela...pack the courts.

    Twenty years from now, our children will be dying of malnutrition in the streets, picking through trash heaps for toilet paper and eating their pets and zoo animals.

    All while destroying the economy and leaving trillions of dollars of natural resources laying in the ground, just like Venezuela.

    And importing millions more from those failed countries, who will vote the same failed policies into power...like Californication on steroids.

    Way to go, geniuses.
    I couldn't agree more with you, but understand that most people have been fed a steady diet of subtle Marxism from the time they were children. They were never taught logic, reason. They were never taught to THINK.

    We're descended of great, great men. We're facing an enemy who has planned and executed on a generational scale, while we were too busy making a living, and in the moment, all seemed well. But here we are, now. Now comes the time during which we must sift through the true believers and those who've been deceived.

    God help us.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2020, 03:11 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2019, 05:45 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2018, 09:57 PM
  4. Obama Will Use Nixon-Era Law to Fight Climate Change
    By green73 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM
  5. Eat less meat to fight climate change
    By TheEvilDetector in forum Stop Global Warming Fraud
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •