Thread: Ted Cruz is asked why national debt is paramount to R's only when a D is in the White House

Ted Cruz is asked why national debt is paramount to R's only when a D is in the White House

Ted Cruz is asked why national debt is paramount to Republicans only when a Democrat is in the White House

During his 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump — even though he had dubbed himself “the king of debt” — promised to slash the mounting national debt until it was completely eliminated within eight years. Four years on, how’s that going? Not well.

Turns out the U.S. government, due in part to the coronavirus pandemic, ran a record budget deficit of $3.1 trillion in the fiscal year that ended in September. The deficit, which is the gap between what the U.S. spends and what it earns through tax receipts and other revenue, came to $2 trillion more than what the White House had forecast earlier in the year.

By comparison, the deficit in 2019 totaled $984 billion.

The cumulative effect of running up the deficit year after year, including 2020’s spike, has resulted in a national debt of more than $27 trillion, up from less than $20 trillion when Trump took office.

Axios on Monday asked Sen. Ted Cruz, the Texas Republican, why his party tends to focus on the national debt when Democrats hold the White House, but to turn their attention elsewhere when the GOP is in charge of the executive branch.

“I have raged against my own party not genuinely fighting to rein in spending and deficits and debt,” Cruz said, prompting Axios political correspondent Jonathan Swan to ask whether Republicans would renew their focus on debt should the Democrats take back the White House.

“Sure,” Cruz responded.

Swan then asked, “Isn’t that the most cynical, phony thing?”
    MORE: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/te...se-11603831170

A Trillion HERE and a Trillion THERE and pretty soon you're talking real money.

THE 2 "PARTY" SYSTEM HAS FAILED AMERICA AND IT IS LONG PAST TIME FOR REAL CHANGE

REMEMBER THIS: THE NEW "LEADER" OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY SAYS HE'S THE KING OF DEBT

But who cares when a Republican is in power. Pathetic.

Is Ted Cruz a Liar, Cheat and Thief like most in the US GOV?
    Rand lied about Crimea and Iran
    " US Must Take Strong Action Against Putin's Aggression" -Rand
    “I’m not advocating everyone go out and run around with no clothes on and smoke pot, I’m not a libertarian. I’m a libertarian Republican. I’m a constitutional conservative”-Rand Paul
    WARNING: mods/admins are editing sigs without notice

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was painful to watch.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I hate this new form of interviewing where the interviewer interrupts and interjects the entire time.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

They CARES act allowed themselves to spend up to 6.2 trillion that they didn’t have and they quickly blew through that. Issuing debt through fiat currencies is the only thing keeping our fake economies choogling at all. Enjoying fake prosperity now at the expense of the prosperity of future generations is a moral pitfall anyone championing their investments will have to answer for to their maker. Your 401k performance will directly and negatively impact your grandchildren’s ability to make a living.

The debt is never going away...

Too late guys..

Got some Bitcoin?

Trump is just saying anything to keep votes. Look up his policies. What he has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    The debt is never going away...
    Probably. If I had it my way, I would, by executive order, have the fed pay off all outstanding federal government debt, then end the fed. It would probably cause massive inflation, but it's a one-off deal. Then during the painful period, allow other monies to compete.

This isn't surprising - there was a tax cut without any budget cuts, there was a budget increase in the military industrial complex, there was a trade war taxing americans and then turning around and giving that to farmers who couldn't sell their crops.

Not sure if the last 4 years was just incompetence or an actual plan to crash the country through deficit spending. I know, not that racking up the debt is anything new or a one party problem.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.