View Poll Results: ...the Final Result Will Be Determined By:

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • One or the Other Candidate Conceding

7 38.89%
  • The SCOTUS

7 38.89%
  • The House (only possible if no one gets 270)

0 0%
  • Extra-Legal Means (riots, coup d'etat, etc)

4 22.22%

Thread: If the Election Results Are Contested...

If the Election Results Are Contested...

Vote and comment.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "If?"

I'm most certain they will be regardless of who wins or loses. This mail-in ballot has so many loopholes that we'll probably have recounts into 2021.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    "If?"

I'm most certain they will be regardless of who wins or loses. This mail-in ballot has so many loopholes that we'll probably have recounts into 2021.
    Agreed, I'd be shocked if it weren't contested for a considerable period of time.

If Trump is winning election night, the Dems will never concede until every last mail in ballot is counted, and likewise vice versa.

I had hoped that it would be a blow-out (for someone, don't really care), but that's probably not going to happen.

It's going to be close again.

...not as close as last time, but close enough that partisans on both sides will be able to plausibly refuse to concede.

P.S. For the record, I think it'll end up at the SCOTUS.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-27-2020 at 06:59 PM.

I expect Trump to win (landslide) and Progressives to be Butt Hurt and Violent.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I expect Trump to win (landslide) and Progressives to be Butt Hurt and Violent.
    Suppose that the official results show Trump losing.

Do you think there's any chance that Trump concedes, or do you think he'll claim it's fake news, etc, no matter what?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Suppose that the official results show Trump losing.

Do you think there's any chance that Trump concedes, or do you think he'll claim it's fake news, etc, no matter what?
    I have a better question. Will anyone really be able to know who won? Just sayin.....I'm not counting any votes. In a country of probably close to 150 million voters, how the votes get counted with all the accountability needed is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    I have a better question. Will anyone really be able to know who won? Just sayin.....I'm not counting any votes. In a country of probably close to 150 million voters, how the votes get counted with all the accountability needed is beyond me.
    I, personally, couldn't care less how the votes are counted.

I'd be just fine with a coin flip.

But, you, I, all reasonable people, we will be forced to live in a country in which most people do care.

And I'm really pretty worried about these people getting violent.

Trump is the one who's less likely to concede; on the other hand, if Trump wins, Dems will riot even if Biden does concede.

So, I would recommend purchasing a large supply of TP.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-27-2020 at 08:06 PM.

It doesn't matter who votes. What matters is who counts the votes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The vote counting will be a disaster. There will be no way to determine who really won. Pelosi claims presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    It doesn't matter who votes. What matters is who counts the votes.
    There's nothing more obnoxious than those who endorse this system and then claim, well, it's not *true* democracy.

No, people, this is the real thing.

The Deep State™ isn't miscounting votes, or otherwise misrepresenting the will of the people.

The state as it exists is a product of voting.

The world as it exists is, in fact, the product of the will of the people.

Don't like it? The problem isn't some gang interfering with voting.

...it's the voting itself.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-27-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Heard the idea tossed around of trying to manipulate the Electors. Supreme Court might come into play like in 2000 now with Amy Coney Barrett.

At this point I think trump likely to win electoral and the leftists would probably riot no matter who did.

Bankers and big government will win. We will lose again.
    Last edited by Slave Mentality; 10-27-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Agreed, I'd be shocked if it weren't contested for a considerable period of time.

If Trump is winning election night, the Dems will never concede until every last mail in ballot is counted, and likewise vice versa.

I had hoped that it would be a blow-out (for someone, don't really care), but that's probably not going to happen.

It's going to be close again.

...not as close as last time, but close enough that partisans on both sides will be able to plausibly refuse to concede.

P.S. For the record, I think it'll end up at the SCOTUS.
    And get this, The Supreme Court ruled that ballots that mail in ballots received after polls close WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...-3/6049062002/

MADISON - The Supreme Court upheld Wisconsin's voting laws Monday, rejecting an effort to require the counting of absentee ballots that are sent back to election officials on or just before Election Day.

The court's 5-3 ruling means that absentee ballots will be counted only if they are in the hands of municipal clerks by the time polls close on Nov. 3.

The justices determined the courts shouldn't be the ones to decide the election rules amid the coronavirus pandemic that is surging in Wisconsin and across the world.

"The Constitution provides that state legislatures — not federal judges, not state judges, not state governors, not other state officials — bear primary responsibility for setting election rules," Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote in a concurring opinion.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    And get this, The Supreme Court ruled that ballots that mail in ballots received after polls close WILL NOT BE COUNTED.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/pol...-3/6049062002/

MADISON - The Supreme Court upheld Wisconsin's voting laws Monday, rejecting an effort to require the counting of absentee ballots that are sent back to election officials on or just before Election Day.

The court's 5-3 ruling means that absentee ballots will be counted only if they are in the hands of municipal clerks by the time polls close on Nov. 3.

The justices determined the courts shouldn't be the ones to decide the election rules amid the coronavirus pandemic that is surging in Wisconsin and across the world.

"The Constitution provides that state legislatures — not federal judges, not state judges, not state governors, not other state officials — bear primary responsibility for setting election rules," Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote in a concurring opinion.
    Anything from the lower courts or, indeed, from the high court itself, is waste and rubbish if they, the Congresswine want it to be.

The Supreme Court of the United States can do what they please...until Congress says otherwise.

I suppose my point is that the court doesn't actually matter.

Congress and the POTUS decide all of these things.

comment?
    hahaha

nope.

its an election week, are u wearing a vintage ron paul shirt?

i luv u guys
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If/when Trump wins,, will the media Report it?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    If/when Trump wins,, will the media Report it?
    The people who are certain that Trump will win will lose their minds if he loses.

The people who are certain that Biden will win will lose their minds if he loses.

...point is, most of the country is about to totally lose their $#@!.

One or the other will step aside.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

About a third think it'll be decided by extra-legal means..

I think that most people voting for that option, to the extent they're hoping for it, don't know a thing about it.

War is fun until you're in it: then, considerably less so.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 10-27-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    One or the other will step aside.
    I hope so, but do you really believe that?

I hope so, but do you really believe that?
    Your previous comment notwithstanding, yes.

I am well aware of what suffering war will bring, and there may just be enough cooler heads to keep that from happening.

Clearly, the current situation is untenable, with no peaceful way to resolve it, other than separation.

But I do not dismiss the possibility of violent conflict at all, in form of guerilla fought civil war, internal military junta, or Jacobin-esque terror squads.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

One or the other candidate conceding. Hillary has already said that Joe should not concede under any circumstances.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

About a third think it'll be decided by extra-legal means..

I think that most people voting for that option, to the extent they're hoping for it, don't know a thing about it.

War is fun until you're in it: then, considerably less so.
    Personally I hope the cities burn.

Let 'em eat each other.

I'll cook a steak, chuckle into my beer and mutter "Tole you so" under my breath....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    China from which comes the COVID plague is grabbing pop corn watching...

Who are the idiots who allowed mail in ballots? Anything undermining the legitimacy of the process is TOXIC!!! HIGHLY TOXIC

Probably SCOTUS. Maybe concession.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    its an election week, are u wearing a vintage ron paul shirt?
    No.

I have about a dozen or so (including the one Rogan wore on Leno) - all in nearly new condition.

I only wear them on special occasions ...

And this doesn't qualify.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ