Thread: Why the Coney Barrett Appointment Is of World-Historical Importance

Why the Coney Barrett Appointment Is of World-Historical Importance

She will fulfill the Founders' most earnest desire..

..i.e. that the federal government regulate sports so as to prevent trannies from unfairly dominating the 100 yard dash.

Take note of where you were yesterday so that you can tell your grandchildren..

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am sorry you will never get a chance to win a hundred yard dash. Maybe try bionic legs instead of cutting off your willy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I am sorry you will never get a chance to win a hundred yard dash. Maybe try bionic legs instead of cutting off your willy.
    Do you agree with Sen. Kennedy's Constitutional analysis?

The Founders would smile on federal regulation of people running fast in circles?

...throwing around inflated rubber balls of various shapes?

...etc?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post

The Founders would smile on federal regulation of people running fast in circles?

...etc?
    I was more enthralled by your athletic career. A monarch might give you a better chance at beating a girl in a race.

*A libertarian monarch, of course.

lol - not a great example when talking about "judicial restraint."
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

...etc?
    It would be problem #568,696 on my list of problems.

I think the Supreme Court could make those rulings for public schools and such, which is probably what she's talking about anyway.

Most private sporting organizations make their own rules. Females are allowed in the NFL if they can make the team.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's problem #568,696 on my list of problems.
    The point isn't that federal regulation of sports is bad (though it is).

The point is that it's absurd that anyone thinks that this is an important issue, one way or the other.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The point is that it's absurd that anyone thinks that this is an important issue, one way or the other.
    You made the thread about it.

But publicly funded sports do seem to be within their jurisdiction.. and it isn't fair for women competing for college scholarships in female sports to have to compete with men, since that is how it is currently setup.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You made the thread about it.

But publicly funded sports do seem to be within their jurisdiction.. and it isn't fair for women competing for college scholarships in female sports to have to compete with men, since that is how it is currently setup.
    Yes, dannno, I did make the thread, the point of which, again, is that, when one of the more enthusiastic Coney Barrett supporters in the Senate was invited on FOX to say how great and important the Coney Barrett appointment was, the best he could come up with was that she would ensure that the Congress would be able to regulate sports to make sure that dudes in drag wouldn't be allowed to cheat and ruin women's sports - that, in his view (not mine), was the big issue which deserved mention.

Let me put it this way:

Wickard v. Filburn

SCOTUS says that a man growing crops on his own farm, for his own consumption, is "interstate commerce" subject to federal regulation.

Kilo v. City of New London

SCOTUS says government can steal property for any reason so long as it claims that the stealing will increase tax revenues

He-She v. Sports

SCOTUS will say, under Coney Barrett's expert stewardship, that He-She can't play volleyball for Eastern Podunk

Can you identify which of these things is not like the other?

Should be "Kelo" not "Kilo" /technical-quibble
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Should be "Kelo" not "Kilo" /technical-quibble
    Correct, guess I must've had other examples of blatant theft civil asset forfeiture on my mind for some reason

Best affirmative action hire ever!

But on a serious note, I was kinda disappointed when Trump said it was going to be a woman. I thought it was pure pandering. Then I remember what they did to Kavanaugh and realized why he might have done it. It's much harder to accuse a woman of sexual misdeeds (even though Mazie Hirono tried).

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    Best affirmative action hire ever!

But on a serious note, I was kinda disappointed when Trump said it was going to be a woman. I thought it was pure pandering. Then I remember what they did to Kavanaugh and realized why he might have done it. It's much harder to accuse a woman of sexual misdeeds (even though Mazie Hirono tried).
    It's even harder to find a good judge (male, female, reptile, vegetable) who can pass through a bad Congress; in fact, it's impossible.

She will fulfill the Founders' most earnest desire..

..i.e. that the federal government regulate sports so as to prevent trannies from unfairly dominating the 100 yard dash.

Take note of where you were yesterday so that you can tell your grandchildren..
    So.....you think that the Federal government should be able to regulate states to force them to let trans women participate in women's sports? (See what I did there? It's all about framing.)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yes, dannno, I did make the thread, the point of which, again, is that, when one of the more enthusiastic Coney Barrett supporters in the Senate was invited on FOX to say how great and important the Coney Barrett appointment was, the best he could come up with was that she would ensure that the Congress would be able to regulate sports to make sure that dudes in drag wouldn't be allowed to cheat and ruin women's sports - that, in his view (not mine), was the big issue which deserved mention.

Let me put it this way:

Wickard v. Filburn

SCOTUS says that a man growing crops on his own farm, for his own consumption, is "interstate commerce" subject to federal regulation.

SCOTUS says government can steal property for any reason so long as it claims that the stealing will increase tax revenues

He-She v. Sports

SCOTUS will say, under Coney Barrett's expert stewardship, that He-She can't play volleyball for Eastern Podunk

Can you identify which of these things is not like the other?
    LGBTQ was already added to the U.S. Civil Rights Act. So what's really at stake is will the SCOTUS under Coney Barrett mandate that the WNBA allow Grandmama to play.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It's possible that one day feminists, who have been pushing the false idea that gender is just a social construct, will wake up an realize they have legislated themselves out of a job and they're being replaced by their own creation. By the it will actually be too late. It's funny that some conservatives are trying to save feminists from themselves.

It's even harder to find a good judge (male, female, reptile, vegetable) who can pass through a bad Congress; in fact, it's impossible.
    Yeah, but why so serious? It's theatre, enjoy. No matter what happens, I'll try to come out on top. I like a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So.....you think that the Federal government should be able to regulate states to force them to let trans women participate in women's sports? (See what I did there? It's all about framing.)
    No, I think that the state (at whatever level) has no role to play in sports at all.

I think that the national association of whatever, a private enterprise, ought to be able to do just exactly as it pleases.

...hence the generally mocking tone of my comments.

LGBTQ was already added to the U.S. Civil Rights Act. So what's really at stake is will the SCOTUS under Coney Barrett mandate that the WNBA allow Grandmama to play.
    There's a tyrannical law which I guarantee neither our new Justice Barrett nor any of the others will even think about thinking about touching.

It's possible that one day feminists, who have been pushing the false idea that gender is just a social construct, will wake up an realize they have legislated themselves out of a job and they're being replaced by their own creation. By the it will actually be too late. It's funny that some conservatives are trying to save feminists from themselves.
    Today's "conservatives" are funny in a lot of ways.