Thread: Maryland Voter Arrested After Refusing To Wear Mask At Polling Location

Exclamation Maryland Voter Arrested After Refusing To Wear Mask At Polling Location

If the most powerful man in the world follows rules and expresses his patriotism by wearing a mask (or as some call it 'Face d-word') when not able to socially distance, why would any regular Americans refuse to follow in their patriotic President's footsteps?

President Donald Trump, who has railed against mail-in voting, cast his ballot in person on Saturday near his Florida homeSat Oct 24, 2020

Maryland Voter Arrested After Refusing To Wear Mask At Polling Location In Harford County, Police Say

By CBS Baltimore StaffOctober 27, 2020 at 1:24 pm

JARRETTSVILLE, MD. (WJZ) — A Maryland man was arrested Monday for trespassing after he refused to wear a mask at a polling place in Harford County, the sheriff’s office says.

Deputies were called to the Jarrettsville Volunteer Fire Company, an early voting location, at around 2:46 p.m. They were told two people inside the polling area were refusing to wear a mask, so election officials asked them to leave.
    But they refused and now were considered trespassers, the sheriff’s office said. Election judges are allowed to remove a person from a polling place.

The Harford County Board of Elections has a designated area for voters who were unable or unwilling to wear a mask while voting. Daniel Swain, a 52-year-old man from Fallston, and another man refused to wear a mask and also refused to use the designated area.
    https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...ty-police-say/

Related

White House to require staffers to wear masks in West Wing
    nbcnews
    May 12, 2020

Delta puts 460 passengers on ‘no-fly list’ for refusing to wear masks

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They had a dedicated area for those who don't wear masks. If he had used it, he would not have been arrested. I don't think that is too much of an inconvenience. It's his own fault he got arrested.

I don't wear the mask and my state does not require them to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    why would any regular Americans refuse to follow in their patriotic President's footsteps?
    Because "regular Americans" blaze their own path and follow no one.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    They had a dedicated area for those who don't wear masks. If he had used it, he would not have been arrested. I don't think that is too much of an inconvenience. It's his own fault he got arrested.

Maybe the line was longer?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post

Sounds like they wanted to get arrested. A protest action. At least they weren’t blocking a roadway to get arrested.

They can take it to court, but they would have a better case getting fined in public with no mask. I’m gonna guess that trespassing and polling places are special cases that they won’t win in court.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Voted maskless last week and no one said a word. Thank God Wilkes County still has a little liberty. Dan Forrest 2020