Thread: OREO cookies getting "woke"

OREO cookies getting "woke"

Like Tampax, OREO is "getting woke" and "putting in work," too ...

They've decided that it's their business, not merely to make cookies, but to lecture people about pronouns:

https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/1317833601342492672

https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/1317834006189277186
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh my gawd, not my beloved Oreos.

They truly are Milk's Favorite Cookie®

There's a sliver lining: read the twitter comments.

Hydrox was invented before oreos, by the way.

Demanding that I use language in an inconsistent manner is disrespectful.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

I wonder if any companies will use this kid in ads to teach gender pronouns?

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Demanding that I use language in an inconsistent manner is disrespectful.
    Reported for fascism.

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath/s...17729269800960

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Will this ever end.

Not until they're convinced that the younger generations have been indoctrinated enough into communist groupthink to perpetuate it to their own offspring, if any. People should stop calling this "woke" or whatever other term nicely hides that it's nothing but communist mind training. Under communism, there are no differentiations allowed. All are the same, regardless of even obvious natural biological differences.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Guess I won't be eating any oreos anymore.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Calling a black person an Oreo is like calling an Asian a banana....
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Hilarious. Given today's climate, I wasn't sure if this was real or satire. Even going to her feed I wasn't entirely sure until I made it through several tweets. I'm half tempted to sign up for twitter just to follow her.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Not until they're convinced that the younger generations have been indoctrinated enough into communist groupthink to perpetuate it to their own offspring, if any. People should stop calling this "woke" or whatever other term nicely hides that it's nothing but communist mind training. Under communism, there are no differentiations allowed. All are the same, regardless of even obvious natural biological differences.
    Bingo.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Hilarious. Given today's climate, I wasn't sure if this was real or satire. Even going to her feed I wasn't entirely sure until I made it through several tweets. I'm half tempted to sign up for twitter just to follow her.
    I know, right?

"Titania McGrath" is actually a parody account by comedian Andrew Doyle (@andrewdoyle_com)

Satire in the Digital Age | Andrew Doyle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBJGDk8BviQ

[...]

Last to speak in the evening was our good friend Andrew Doyle, a comedian and satirist most famous for his excellent work with the satirical faux-Woke Twitter account Titania McGrath. In his brilliant and hilarious talk, Doyle provides a worthy and robust defense of both free speech and free thought. He does so by explaining the long history of satire and satirical hoaxes and their applications against unjust power. These, he reminds us, are necessary anywhere power over-asserts itself, especially in censorship, not just to deflate scolds we tend to associate with the right but also those who have arisen recently on the left, before ending with a twist: revealing that he, too, (maybe…, and that’s beside his point) has contributed to this sometimes-necessary tradition.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-27-2020 at 08:47 AM.

No!!!!!
    I now have to boycott Oreo.

https://twitter.com/libbyemmons/stat...23731984789504

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OB,

Please stop with the Twitter stuff already. Huge time sink. That being said, friends and family members have enjoyed Andrew Doyle's talk and have either enjoyed or been disturbed by Ms. McGrath's Twitter tweets. So there, thank you for that.

CJM

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Calling a black person an Oreo is like calling an Asian a banana....
    I'm confused with all these rapid changes in derogatory terminology. I thought a "banana" was insulting to female identifying non-North Americans.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

SHOT:
    https://twitter.com/ComicDaveSmith/s...92054448111621

CHASER:
    https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/1365038991469281280