Thread: Putin rejects Donald Trump's criticism of Biden family business

Putin rejects Donald Trump's criticism of Biden family business

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

Putin was responding to comments made by Trump during televised debates with Democratic challenger Joe Biden ahead of the Nov. 3 election.
    Trump, who is trailing in opinion polls, has used the debates to make accusations that Biden and his son Hunter engaged in unethical practices in Ukraine. No evidence has been verified to support the allegations, and Joe Biden has called them false and discredited.

Putin, who has praised Trump in the past for saying he wanted better ties with Moscow, has said Russia will work with any U.S. leader, while noting what he called Joe Biden’s “sharp anti-Russian rhetoric”.

Putin appeared less friendly towards Trump in remarks broadcast by Russian state TV on Sunday. In what may be seen by some analysts as an attempt to try to curry favour with the Biden camp, he took the time to knock down what he made clear he regarded as false allegations from Trump about the Bidens.

“Yes, in Ukraine he (Hunter Biden) had or maybe still has a business, I don’t know. It doesn’t concern us. It concerns the Americans and the Ukrainians,” said Putin.

“But well yes he had at least one company, which he practically headed up, and judging from everything he made good money. I don’t see anything criminal about this, at least we don’t know anything about this (being criminal).”
    https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN27A0TA
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can you hold this in your head at the same time as "The Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation"?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My profound contempt for what now passes as "journalism" grows apace ...

Since when did "I don't know" come to mean the same thing as "rejects" ... ?

[...] what [Putin] made clear he regarded as false allegations [...]
    Where did he make clear that he regards the allegations as being false?

I am not able to find any such "clarification" in his quoted remarks.

(I am, however, able to find weasel words in the article author's remarks, such as "appeared" and "may be seen by some" ...)

No evidence has been verified to support the allegations, and Joe Biden has called them false and discredited.
    There used to be a time when "journalists" considered it to be their jobs to verify (or disconfirm) the evidence supporting allegations.

Now, however, they consider it sufficient that the target of the allegations merely dismiss them as "false" and/or "discredited."

Or at least they do when they're flacking for their favored candidates.

The ghost of Tricky Dick Nixon wishes he had had it as good as Sleepy Joe Biden does ... (if he had, the Watergate scandal would no doubt have been summarily dismissed by today's press as a Russian "disinformation" campaign ...)

ETA: And speaking of Russian things - isn't Putin supposed to be the bête noire of the mainstream media?

Rhetorical Question: Why are they taking anything he says seriously or at face value?

Non-Rhetorical Answer: Because they are utter and abject hypocrites.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-26-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Hunter Biden is a Pedophile.

We can't have 4 more years of George Bush...

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/...41779339468801
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Rhetorical Question: Why are they taking anything he says seriously or at face value?

Non-Rhetorical Answer: Because they are utter and abject hypocrites.
    Personally, I don't take it to mean anything other than politics. It might be Putin hedging his bets on the election. I don't think that it means anything whatsoever regarding the truth or lack thereof of anything Hunter Biden.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Personally, I don't take it to mean anything other than politics. It might be Putin hedging his bets on the election. I don't think that it means anything whatsoever regarding the truth or lack thereof of anything Hunter Biden.
    I agree. My remarks weren't concerned with Putin's spin, but rather with the article's spin on Putin's spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I agree. My remarks weren't concerned with Putin's spin, but rather with the article's spin on Putin's spin.
    Ah
    Pinochet is the model

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    We can't have 4 more years of George Bush...

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/...41779339468801
    And people are voting for this ? God help the USA if Trump loses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN27A0TA
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can you hold this in your head at the same time as "The Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinformation"?
    "Russians" are coming...

Putin says many things, his claims should be believed after have been validated by MSM outlets like Foxnews, NYT, CNN etc.
    He said this before it came out that "suspected Russian spy" Guccifer 2.0's phone was registeted in Israel.

Putin: Maybe Jews or minorities behind US election interference
    March 12, 2018
    (CNN) Jewish groups are criticizing Russian President Vladimir Putin after he suggested Russian minorities such as Jews or Tatars could be behind alleged meddling in the 2016 US presidential election.

From: Vladimir Putin says Trump was impeached for 'made-up reasons'
    Our own politicians statements on this topic have also been slippery: