Thread: SSC's Tuatara Hypercar sets new production car speed record - 316 MPH

Exclamation SSC's Tuatara Hypercar sets new production car speed record - 316 MPH

Oh my...yes please.

The official recorded speed - 316.11 MPH.

Unofficial speed runs clocked 331 MPH

SSC North America based in Richland Washington set the record with the Tuartara in Nevada.

And what's incredible?

They did it with an iron small block V8 with a flat plane crank of single cam, pushrod design.

No 16 cylinders running 8 valves and 6 camshafts with VVT.

366 cubic inches, that's 5.9 silly liters, at 8800 rpm through giant valves stuffing cylinders full with two massive turbochargers and intercoolers.

That converts to a classic American V8 "roar" while making 1750 hp and 1250 ft/lbs of torque.

There's no replacement for displacement.

Suck it Elon.

The SSC Tuatara Is Now the Fastest Car in the World at 316.11 MPH!
    The fastest production car is American—Sweden's Koenigsegg was the previous record-holder.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ssc-...-speed-record/

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-25-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

And its quite a good looking car to boot.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm gonna piggy-back on this thread;

Ford To Supply Engines For De Tomaso As Automaker Moves To The U.S.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/10/fo...es-to-the-u-s/

Most Ford fans remember De Tomaso, makers of the mid-engine Pantera supercar that was produced from 1971 to 1993. Throughout those years, the Pantera was powered by a variety of Ford engines, beginning with the 351 Cleveland V8, the 351 Windsor, and the fuel-injected 5.0L V8 in later years. Now, the Italian automaker is moving its headquarters, research and development, and fabrication to the U.S., and it’s once again looking to the Blue Oval for powerplants.

De Tomaso CEO Ryan Berris has said that the automaker is in negotiations to secure a 50,000 square-foot building in Detroit, and has a current partnership in place with Ford Motor Company for early powertrain development.

De Tomaso hasn’t sold vehicles in the U.S. since the late ’70s, and isn’t currently producing any road-going cars. It previously debuted its one-million-dollar P72 supercar at last year’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, which is a tribute to the De Tomaso P70 that competed at the 1966 Sebring 12 Hours race and the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Production of the P72 is slated to begin in 2022, which would make it the first vehicle produced by De Tomaso in the U.S. Power for the new supercar will come from a supercharged Ford 5.0L Coyote V8 backed up by a six-speed manual transmission, which the automaker says will produce somewhere between 700 and 750 horsepower. A total of 72 units will be produced, all of which are already spoken for.

De Tomaso has experienced its ups and downs since the automaker launched back in 1959, when it was founded by Argentine racing driver Alejandro de Tomaso. Ford purchased a 71 percent stake in the company in 1971, but after its founder suffered a stroke in 1993, his heirs liquidated the company. Hong Kong-based Ideal Team Ventures acquired the rights to the brand in 2014.

In addition to the P72, the automaker has several other as-yet-unannounced vehicles in development, including at least one future EV. But for now, the company is focused on building sports cars with Blue Oval power, just as has many times in the past.

I already got one.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I already got one.

❤️❤️❤️

That car is fascinating!!

So in 2013 the 7.0-liter engine was abandoned in favor of a 5.9-liter version with a meticulously balanced crank and exotic engine mounts filled with a proprietary gel.
    The gearbox, by the way, is a seven-speed auto-clutch manual by CIMA/Automac Engineering, which has its basis in a helicopter transmission.
    F*ck Top Gear now. I wish this had happened before the Grand Tour went to specials-only format.
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    F*ck Top Gear now. I wish this had happened before the Grand Tour went to specials-only format.
    LOL - Hamster would have been the only one to give it an honest review, being made of American bog iron and all.

As much as I love the over the top engineering of a Bugatti or McClaren, I can't tell you how good it makes me feel that the latest, and possibly the last "supercar" (thank you Joe Biden) is powered by a US made small block V-8.

BTW - I haven't looked recently...have they released any new Grand Tour specials since "SeaMen" earlier this year?

Truly beautiful and amazing engineering. Both the car and engine are impressive works of art. Very fast works of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL - Hamster would have been the only one to give it an honest review, being made of American bog iron and all.

As much as I love the over the top engineering of a Bugatti or McClaren, I can't tell you how good it makes me feel that the latest, and possibly the last "supercar" (thank you Joe Biden) is powered by a US made small block V-8.

BTW - I haven't looked recently...have they released any new Grand Tour specials since "SeaMen" earlier this year?
    Can we be friends?

I was excited to hear rumors that the Raptor might come back with a 5.2L V8. That’s probably not gonna happen now. We will be puttering around on mopeds and smart cars that run on the blood of elderly euthanasia victims in a decade or so...

Special episode set in Madagascar reported to come out sometime this year. ��
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    Can we be friends?

I was excited to hear rumors that the Raptor might come back with a 5.2L V8. That’s probably not gonna happen now. We will be puttering around on mopeds and smart cars that run on the blood of elderly euthanasia victims in a decade or so...

Special episode set in Madagascar reported to come out sometime this year. ��
    Fetal grindings...that's what they'll run on when not being used to extend the lives of our oppressors.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I love the fist pumping after slowing down to 200mph