Thread: Preacher whose daughter was kicked out of class over 'homosexuality is a sin' t-shirt sues

Post Preacher whose daughter was kicked out of class over 'homosexuality is a sin' t-shirt sues

Be interesting to see if Trump or Pence will weigh in on this.
    So far no indication if Trump and his allies will be pushing any laws banning such Biblical based free speech in schools, recently some bans on criticism of Israel in schools were implemented by GOPA linked leaders.

Preacher whose 15-year-old daughter was kicked out of her class for wearing 'homosexuality is a sin' t-shirt sues the school district over 'restricting free speech'

• A 15-year-old girl from Tennessee wore a shirt saying 'Homosexuality is a sin'
    • She was kicked out of the class because the shirt had 'sexual connotations'
    • Her father, a street preacher, Richard Penkoski, is now suing the school district
    • School claim that wearing the shirt broke the dress code, however the lawsuit states another student was allowed to wear a LGBTQ rainbow flag

By James Gordon For Dailymail.com

24 October 2020
    A street preacher from Tennessee is suing a school district after his 15-year-old daughter was kicked out of class for wearing a shirt that read 'Homosexuality is a sin.'

Richard Penkoski says Overton County Schools violated his daughter's right to free speech after being kicked out of the class specifically because of the shirt she was wearing at Livingston Academy in August.
    It read: 'Homosexuality is a sin - 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,' referring to first Corinthians chapter six in the Bible.

+5

A 15-year-old girl from Tennessee who wore a shirt saying 'Homosexuality is a sin' was kicked out of her school class because the shirt had 'sexual connotations' according to the principal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-school.html

Related

FDOTUS Tiffany Trump and former Director Intel Grenell bring the house down at PRIDE 2020

Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month

Gay Teacher Of The Year Fans LGBTQ Pride In Viral Photo With Donald Trump
    Nikos Giannopoulos “celebrates the joy and freedom of gender nonconformity” in a photo with Donald and Melania Trump.

A Milestone: All Of The Walking Dead's Relationships Are Now Interracial Or LGBT
    Nov 14, 2018
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...acial-or-lgbt/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Bit surprised no POTUS tweet on it so far.
    This could potentially be a super divisive issue. Not this close to election.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    But divisive issues are that mobilize the base of any party to go out and vote and are usually the topic of hottest debates before elections.
    I don't think Trump's base has an enthusiasm problem. I don't think there are too many voters on the fence, as of right now, either. If the riots, media censorship, and statewide lockdowns didn't make some democrats jump ship by now, I doubt that Trump getting involved in this issue is gonna do much for anybody.

The PURE free speech people who would get motivated by something like this are pretty much negligible.
    Last edited by ResponsibleIdiot; 10-26-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Concern troll is concerned.

LOL
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

They figured out how to get exiled from brainwashing camp!

I’m gonna buy some for gifts.

It's her right to wear it to school. My daughter is gay and was allowed to wear shirts in support of that to high school. Free speech applies to all even when you don't agree with the message.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    I don't think Trump's base has an enthusiasm problem. I don't think there are too many voters on the fence, as of right now, either. If the riots, media censorship, and statewide lockdowns didn't make some democrats jump ship by now, I doubt that Trump getting involved in this issue is gonna do much for anybody.

The PURE free speech people who would get motivated by something like this are pretty much negligible.
    He has tweeted about Free Speech issues in the past, recent one was about wearing BLM vs MAGA tshirt or hat.

But you may have a point, he hasn't tweeted about this as of today.

The school is just butt hurt over what she believes. She has every right to wear whatever she wants.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

How conservatives should respond: "a private school can do what it wants with dress codes, and there shouldn't be public schools anyway."

How conservatives in fact respond: "they're censoring us, we want free speech."

It's just like the social media issue.

Besides Free Speech aspect, this also has significant political aspect wrt GOP conservative/Christian base.

On a side note, it might be coincidence that recently a series of headlines announcing "Christian evangelical leader/ influential pastor / Billy Graham's pro-life grand daughter..." coming out against culture of "sins" and hinting about voting for Biden in coming elections.

On another sidenote, probably just coincidence that even ss has promoted MAGA less frequently on this forum since above story broke. In the past, there used to be multiple pro-MAGA threads posted daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

LGBT Activists Hate Christianity — and Want to Destroy It

There can be no truce, culture must drive them back in the closet or they will destroy us.