Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 College Football

2020 College Football

Seems like there should be a college football thread. Big Georgia-Alabama game last week. Big Ten starts this week.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The big games this week are Michigan-Minnesota, Cincinnati-SMU, UNC-NC State

Also Vince Vaughn was on Gameday today. He appears to be prepping for a role as a dying cancer patient.

Most impressive teams in todays first halves are Rutgers , Army , Kansas St and Louisville . I expected NC St to be more competitive ( trailing 17 -7 at half) Better games are Coastal Carolina - Georgia Southern ( tied @ 14 at half ) , Southern Miss - Liberty ( tied @ 7) and Temple - Memphis , Temple leading 15 - 10 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-24-2020 at 11:50 AM.

So far , taking Jacksonville St and Rutgers to cover the spreads looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The big games this week are Michigan-Minnesota, Cincinnati-SMU, UNC-NC State

Also Vince Vaughn was on Gameday today. He appears to be prepping for a role as a dying cancer patient.
    The Cincy - SMU game could have playoff implications if the winner continues undefeated.

The best looking teams so far coming into today are Clemson , Alabama , Notre Dame , OK ST ( BIG GAME FOR THEM TODAY ) , Cincy , BYU , SMU, Marshall , Coastal Carolina. I dont think there will be many undefeated teams this season.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-24-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Indiana won but I would fire there coach on the spot for being such a math illiterate dunce.

The odds of winning going second in overtime are 55%. They had the second possession in overtime. Both Penn State and Indiana scored. Indiana went for two and got it. The odds of getting a two point conversion are substantially less than 55%.

Indiana fell behind 7 - 0 , then behind a tremendous effort by the defense , three Penn St turnovers and two Penn St missed FG's turned in a 17 - 7 Halftime lead despite the offense doing nothing. By the end of the fourth the IU defense had been on the field most of the game and with about 2 1/2 remaining Penn St pulled into the lead . IU tied it with a TD and two point conversion run by the QB with 22 seconds left before a terrible kickoff let Penn St miss a long FG to send it to OT. Once IU answered the Penn St OT TD I expected they might go back to the QB run for two for the win.
    I dont think they felt the defense had enough gas left to hold Penn St to a FG in the 3rd OT to take advantage of using all four downs to score the TD for the win. Hoosiers have a tough test next week as they travel to a much improved Rutgers team that steamrolled Mich St today . They had to win at home today . Then face Michigan
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2020 at 05:37 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cincy leading 14 - 7 , Minnesota trailing Mich 42 - 24 with 16 1/2 to play

Considering Cincy - SMU is still in play Here would be my current top 23 . Clemson , Alabama , Notre Dame , Ok St , Cincy , Ohio St , BYU , Wisconsin , Mich , Marshall , Coastal Carolina , IU , Georgia , Miami , NC , Army , Kansas St , Purdue , Tex A& M , SMU , Florida , Liberty ,Rutgers.
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-24-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Cincy leading 21 - 10 with 21 min to play

Cincy up 28 - 10 with a quarter to play

SMU fails to convert 4th & 5 at Cincy 12 with 9 to go , trail 28 -13

SMU failed to convert again on downs after a 3rd & 10 TD called back for holding at Cincy 10 . Cincy then 91 yard TD run . Game , Cincy35 SMU 13 with 4 1/2 to play

Best part is , no more wasted time on teams like Tenn , Texas , Auburn, LSU etc
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I dont think they felt the defense had enough gas left to hold Penn St to a FG in the 3rd OT to take advantage of using all four downs to score the TD for the win. Hoosiers have a tough test next week as they travel to a much improved Rutgers team that steamrolled Mich St today . They had to win at home today .
    It looks like I might be wrong. Apparently they changed the rule to account for the odds of being favorite going second in 2019. After Indiana scored. They would be right back on offense first in the second overtime. So going for 2 vs playing the next overtime is probably a breakeven decision.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad they have some fans back. I saw a lot not wearing masks in Tuscaloosa.

I won't watch pro with all the fake fan noise. Retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Here would be my current top 18 , first ten have no losses and some of the
    others also have not been beaten, Clemson , Alabama , Notre Dame , Ohio St , Cincy , Wisconsin , BYU , IU , Marshall , Coastal Carolina then Georgia , Miami , SMU , Boise , Liberty , Army , Northwestern and Purdue. After that it gets pretty crowded.
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Here would be my current top 18 , first ten have no losses and some other others , Clemson , Alabama , Notre Dame , Ohio St , Cincy , Wisconsin , BYU , IU , Marshall , Coastal Carolina then Georgia , Miami , SMU , Boise , Liberty , Army , Northwestern and Purdue. After that it gets pretty crowded.
    IU - Mich will be very interesting next week.

I am the biggest Harbaugh apologist alive. But this is the first time I have felt that really down on him. I am still more optimistic on him than most. I wouldn't be surprised if they "rally" and finish 5-3 (losses against OSU and one of the PSU and Wisconsin games, in which case I think he should stay for as long as he wants. But a losing record is on the table right now. IU PSU Wisco are tough. And Maryland isn't a free game. Still think they pound Rutgers. A loss against IU probably means the end. I would then think they could legitimately do better.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-01-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Ohio St ,Cincy and Wisc could move in front of clemson - Notre Dame loser and so should IU with a victory.

I thought the OSU-PSU game would have more fans. Actually, I don't even know if those were fans in the middle. The cardboard cutouts replacing White Out was quite retarded.

The really dumb thing is the person running the fake fan noise was a couple seconds off. A play would happen and then the button for fan noise was clicked two seconds later.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    IU - Mich will be very interesting next week.

I am the biggest Harbaugh apologist alive. But this is the first time I have felt that really down on him. I am still more optimistic on him than most. I wouldn't be surprised if they "rally" and finish 5-3 (losses against OSU and one of the PSU and Wisconsin games, in which case I think he should stay for as long as he wants. But a losing record is on the table right now. IU PSU Wisco are tough. And Maryland isn't a free game. Still think they pound Rutgers. A loss against IU probably means the end. I would then think they could legitimately do better.
    I think Harbaugh is a good coach . Coaches dont make plays , players do . I hope the bad michigan shows up and we get a win.

If my Hoosiers get the win at Mich St next week we will be 4 - 0 and probably a top 6 or 7 team . Go Hoosiers.

Here is my new ranking , top 20 , Notre Dame , Alabama , Ohio St , Cincy , Wisc , BYU , IU , Northwestern, Clemson , Florida
    , Purdue . Miami , Ok St , Coastal Carolina , Marshall , Liberty , Texas A& M, SMU ,Oregon , Army
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-07-2020 at 11:05 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In case anyone wasnt paying attention . Maryland was 28 point underdogs today and won 35-19.

Hoosiers get the shutout on the road at Spartan Stadium winning 24 - 0 moving to 4 - 0.

Penn St got down 27 - 6 in Nebraska , came back but failed to score in the last ten minutes , lose by a TD . fall to 0-4 for first time in 20 years . Nebraska , three point underdogs cover the spread by 9

Ten min to Half Notre Dame leading a tough BC squad 16 - 13 .

Coming up , 3 - 0 Northwestern at 2 - 0 Purdue

My top 8 still looking better than the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast