Thread: AOC On Green Energy and Oil/Gas

AOC On Green Energy and Oil/Gas

AOC:The whole conversation about the GND “killing jobs” is a fossil fuel lobbyist talking point that neglects the fact that MILLIONS more jobs stand to be created by investing in building a national grid, installing millions of solar panels, wind turbines, new infrastructure, etc.
    AOC doesn't understand one problem with GND.

The issue and problem with GND is simple America is nation of 300+ Million investing in building a national grid, installing millions of solar panels, wind turbines wont be enough economical when considering the majority of these will be automated and people who lose these jobs in the filed can't just learn to code.

Coding takes a long while to learn and not many will be adjusted. The other issue with building a national grid, installing millions of solar panels, wind turbines how is it going to heat millions of cities, towns, homes? traditionally we used gas for heating during the cold winter days.

I dont see how solar panels, wind turbines are going to be able to do the same.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 10-23-2020 at 12:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Power generation and transportation is only a piece of the puzzle.

I'm often amazed that people are so unaware of from where such things as plastics, paints, synthetic fibers, many fertilizers, and many more come.

The ENTIRE modern world is completely dependent upon oil and natural gas. Almost EVERYTHING is built upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post

I'm often amazed that people are so unaware of from where such things as plastics, paints, synthetic fibers, many fertilizers, and many more come.

The ENTIRE modern world is completely dependent upon oil and natural gas. Almost EVERYTHING is built upon it.

Exactly.
    I do believe Germany is actually hiding the real unemployment rate. Germany's economy cant be this prefect when they had just replaced everything with Wind and Solar.

You mean to tell me it doesn't just magically come from a store?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Do you not understand that lives are at stake, comrade? (Not to mention the very planet itself ...)

And the only price we must pay to save those lives (and the planet) is "a cold dinner here and there" ...

To Save the Climate, Give Up the Demand for Constant Electricity
    https://bostonreview.net/science-nat...nt-electricity
    David McDermott Hughes (05 October 2020)

Waiting to ensure uninterrupted power for everyone as we transition away from fossil fuels will cost too much time - and too many lives.

Many decades ago electricity became the new oxygen, and the vast majority of Americans today believe they need it every moment of every waking or sleeping hour. The United States has built a vast infrastructure for generating, transmitting, and consuming it - all almost entirely based on planet-destroying fossil fuels and nuclear power.

[...]

What applies in the pandemic also applies - and also with desperate urgency - in the climate crisis. We can live with some intermittency and rationing - at least until batteries and other forms of energy storage are up and running everywhere. Hospitals certainly need 100 percent reliable equipment - perhaps some “continuous” businesses and cell towers too. And, in cities, elevators, streetlights, and subways must run reliably. One could imagine battery-assisted, semi-smart micro-grids connecting such infrastructure as well as home medical devices. But we don’t need the entire residential third of U.S. electricity consumption to run off lithium or to operate seamlessly. We don’t need Nest or permanent telecommuting. For a while, let’s eat a cold dinner here and there. Continuity costs too much. Climate change kills, and it kills vulnerable people first. Intermittency saves lives, and it saves vulnerable people first. Let the pause take its place in continuous climate activism.

[bold emphasis added - OB]
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-27-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Do you not understand that lives are at stake, comrade? (Not to mention the very planet itself ...)

And the only price we must pay to save those lives (and the planet) is "a cold dinner here and there" ...

To Save the Climate, Give Up the Demand for Constant Electricity
    https://bostonreview.net/science-nat...nt-electricity
    David McDermott Hughes (05 October 2020)

Waiting to ensure uninterrupted power for everyone as we transition away from fossil fuels will cost too much time - and too many lives.

Many decades ago electricity became the new oxygen, and the vast majority of Americans today believe they need it every moment of every waking or sleeping hour. The United States has built a vast infrastructure for generating, transmitting, and consuming it - all almost entirely based on planet-destroying fossil fuels and nuclear power.

[...]

What applies in the pandemic also applies - and also with desperate urgency - in the climate crisis. We can live with some intermittency and rationing - at least until batteries and other forms of energy storage are up and running everywhere. Hospitals certainly need 100 percent reliable equipment - perhaps some “continuous” businesses and cell towers too. And, in cities, elevators, streetlights, and subways must run reliably. One could imagine battery-assisted, semi-smart micro-grids connecting such infrastructure as well as home medical devices. But we don’t need the entire residential third of U.S. electricity consumption to run off lithium or to operate seamlessly. We don’t need Nest or permanent telecommuting. For a while, let’s eat a cold dinner here and there. Continuity costs too much. Climate change kills, and it kills vulnerable people first. Intermittency saves lives, and it saves vulnerable people first. Let the pause take its place in continuous climate activism.

[bold emphasis added - OB]
    I'm bewildered as to how people can so easily disbelieve what they see with their very eyes, in favor of what they are told.

A friend of mine posted on FB the refrain lyrics of "Big Yellow Taxi", then wondered aloud just what Joni Mitchell would think now about the state of the planet. I replied, "I'd tell her to drive west out of Topeka at 80 MPH and she wouldn't see a parking lot for 9 hours."

It's unsurprising that the majority of "environmentalists" live in the concrete jungles.

Someone should tell AOC that if you removed oil and natural gas from the world, everybody would be dead within a couple of months. Then again, killing lots of people is ultimately the goal of the Marxists.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    AOC could just run from city to city running her mouth 24/7 to provide heat for all during winter months! Problem solved. Yeezaah!
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber