Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Didn't Vote For Trump In 2016...Now Voting For Him In 2020

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    "wrong on character." $#@! this dude. Shapiro is a weasle, he isnt the person that will get his hands dirty to stand up for freedom, he isnt the man who will bare arms to fight for freedoms. HE ISNT anything but a $#@! head with a motor mouth. hows that for character.
    Stop with the fake drama. Shapiro probably agrees with us on most domestic issues. Foreign policy is where he differs. It's always about policy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My reasons are pretty much the same as Ben's. I also didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I sure as h3ll won't be voting against him in 2020.

Mainly, he started 0 new wars and "Covid caused the biggest government power grab worldwide and Trump has refused to do it."

Oh and the "Democrats have lost their f^%&ing mind."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm an affirmed anti-statist. I understand that all of this is a charade.

There is such a thing as defensive voting. I don't always go along with that idea, but in our current circumstances, I consider what will come with a D victory in 2 weeks to be an existential threat - stage 4 cancer. For me, casting a vote other than for Ron is Right to Try. Give me 4 more years, plus or minus, to prepare for what these people will do. They have made their intentions clear to all who will but listen.

James Lindsay is voting for Donald Trump. So am I. I hate it as much if not more than he does, but my reasons are the same.

I'm not voting for Trump, I'm voting against his enemies.

And I hate all the people that don't like his personality or say he's a clown. He is unapologetically politically incorrect, exhibits some masculine traits (alpha), and is not only able to defend himself in an interview, but he attacks when he senses the fake news is trying to pin him on something, or manipulate the questions and answers. I may not agree with everything he says or does, but he conducts himself like a winner.

Who are his enemies? Big media, big tech, leftists, feminists, woke people, sensitive people, overly emotional people, pansies, politicians from both aisles, and most importantly (for me) libertarians who want to be included in leftist circles. I don't understand why libertarians try to win over people who have completely antithetical views to libertarianism. I come to realize that lefties (not the establishment democrats) don't necessarily dislike wars, they just dislike what they think are the "wrong" wars. Just wait till they find the right war.

Even Rand Paul is on Trump's side. They don't agree on every issue, but I KNOW Rand knows that the other side cannot be reasoned with, they just need to be stopped. He knew that long before he and his wife got mobbed on the street after the RNC.

Understand that we are dealing with people that cannot be won over. Impossible. How much more evidence do you need? They need to be forced to live in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Trumps been sniping at Fauci in the press these days. Looks like hes ready to get rid of Fauci (and others like Wray) but its too close to the election.

Those who aren't voting for Trump, at least you now have something in common with John Bolton.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...le-damage-quot
    John Bolton is not voting for Jo Jorgenson. And if you don't live in a battleground state, a vote for a third party candidate is not a vote for Biden.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Stop with the fake drama. Shapiro probably agrees with us on most domestic issues. Foreign policy is where he differs. It's always about policy.
    In this case Ben agreed with Trump on everything, even the things that Ron Paul disagrees with Trump on (ending the Iran deal, killing Suilieamani etc). Ben thought it was good Trump hasn't started any new wars (good), and that Trump put ending ISIS over ending Assad (again good).

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, funny you should say that, as my efforts this go around have been focused on the NH gov, EC, senate and house races.

Hard to tell where things stand, as local races don't get polled, but we managed to get a confirmed leftist woman to drop out of the race, and hopefully she will be replaced by a very young and strong and "Ron Paulish" young man who is doing well.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

How so?

I am not blaming anybody for anything, calling out names, accusing people of being traitors or what have you.

I've stated my reasons for doing what I am doing, based on facts and a sense of urgency that comes with being under siege.

I hope others join me.

I don't think less of others who, in good faith, cannot take part in doing so, although I do tire of being preached at as if I was a heretical sinner.

I am very, very, very aware of the moral conundrum of taking part in what is clearly a rigged system or "choosing" a choice that leads to same ends, more government and more tyranny.

I am not voting "for" Trump, any more than most people are voting for the Can O' Spam® Biden.

I am taking a small, tiny blow at the forces that are arrayed against Trump and by extension, me. The Marxist meatheads, the Billionaire Bolsheviks, the Jacobin jerkoffs, the Three Bong Hit Earth Saviors, the Malignant Malthusians, the Electric Haired Harpies, the Globalist Googans, the Complaining Coloreds and all of their hangers-on, and fellow travelers and media organs and sycophants in government, and in churches, and in corporate AmeriKa. Trump has all the right enemies, in other words.
    If I lived in New Hampshire I would be voting for Trump. There! I said it! I'll never admit it outside of this forum. Here's a bit of good news. In 2008 I voted third party, but secretly hoped John "Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" would lose because I saw his eagerness for war with Iran as a clear and present danger. In 2012 I voted third party, but secretly hoped Romney would lose because his Romneycare plan was the same as Obamacare and I thought he was a hypocrite to act like they weren't and because I had a douchebag in some of my law classes that looked like Romney and was a big time Romney supporter. (Yeah I can be petty like that). In 2016 I wrote in Ron Paul but secretly hoped Hillary would lose because Libya/Benghazi and because she was willing to risk WW III for a no fly zone over Syria. This time around? Biden wrote the MF bills that led to the mass incarceration that people are in part protesting against! Plus, as much as I can't stand the man, Trump as actually done some good things that Obama should have done. And Kamala Harris seems really dangerous. I mean really dangerous.

So...going by the "Drake hopes person X will lose" poll, that's been right every time in the general election since 2008, Trump will be re-elected. Now I've done jinxed it!

Trump is a fighter.

Leftists say.. he fights corruption and mail-in voting because it benefits him..........................................

WTF. That triggers me so much. orange bad if he does... orange bad if he does not..

That whole statement is very similar to my overall outlook. As for what I bolded... There are times I wonder why I keep coming back here, but that's the answer. People are nuts out there. Aside from family and very close friends, I don't speak my mind or argue politics anymore. RPFs is my safety release valve

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    If I lived in New Hampshire I would be voting for Trump. There! I said it! I'll never admit it outside of this forum. Here's a bit of good news. In 2008 I voted third party, but secretly hoped John "Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran" would lose because I saw his eagerness for war with Iran as a clear and present danger. In 2012 I voted third party, but secretly hoped Romney would lose because his Romneycare plan was the same as Obamacare and I thought he was a hypocrite to act like they weren't and because I had a douchebag in some of my law classes that looked like Romney and was a big time Romney supporter. (Yeah I can be petty like that). In 2016 I wrote in Ron Paul but secretly hoped Hillary would lose because Libya/Benghazi and because she was willing to risk WW III for a no fly zone over Syria. This time around? Biden wrote the MF bills that led to the mass incarceration that people are in part protesting against! Plus, as much as I can't stand the man, Trump as actually done some good things that Obama should have done. And Kamala Harris seems really dangerous. I mean really dangerous.

So...going by the "Drake hopes person X will lose" poll, that's been right every time in the general election since 2008, Trump will be re-elected. Now I've done jinxed it!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was going to write in Rand but that was before i knew what a former communist had told me about their playbook. They throw heaps of stress on existing systems as a pretext to replacing them. We can't let that happen. Going to vote Trump now and pray Rand gets in afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyrp12 View Post
    I was going to write in Rand but that was before i knew what a former communist had told me about their playbook. They throw heaps of stress on existing systems as a pretext to replacing them. We can't let that happen. Going to vote Trump now and pray Rand gets in afterward.
    Rand has a chance in 2024 if he plays it like Trump but with his own personal touch.

Never show any weaknesses in front of a camera... replies, body language, eye contact, no wife assisting you. Act like a badass president.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Rand has a chance in 2024 if he plays it like Trump but with his own personal touch.

Never show any weaknesses in front of a camera... replies, body language, eye contact, no wife assisting you. Act like a badass president.
    I believe he's good to go, but you are correct that selling that to the American public is a tough job.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Rep back to ya.

That is pretty much word for word what my thought process was, going all the way back to 08.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    I'm an affirmed anti-statist. I understand that all of this is a charade.

There is such a thing as defensive voting. I don't always go along with that idea, but in our current circumstances, I consider what will come with a D victory in 2 weeks to be an existential threat - stage 4 cancer. For me, casting a vote other than for Ron is Right to Try. Give me 4 more years, plus or minus, to prepare for what these people will do. They have made their intentions clear to all who will but listen.

James Lindsay is voting for Donald Trump. So am I. I hate it as much if not more than he does, but my reasons are the same.
    That's an accurate way of putting it.

+rep
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I agree with you about Rand running in 2024, but I don't think he can do what Trump does. There's something about Trump and his presence that you can't help but pay attention to. When Rand talks, if I wasn't a fan of his, I can see my attention drifting.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That whole statement is very similar to my overall outlook. As for what I bolded... There are times I wonder why I keep coming back here, but that's the answer. People are nuts out there. Aside from family and very close friends, I don't speak my mind or argue politics anymore. RPFs is my safety release valve
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.

Yes. ALL of this. That's the reason I came back.

I feel filthy for saying I plan to vote for Trump, by the way. But CRT is, I believe, truly an existential threat. I'm not so much voting for Trump as I am voting against that.

It seems people are not voting for Trump as much as they are voting against the dangerous lunacy of the DNC and Harris, that 25th thing the DNC is working on, isn't for Trump, it's for Biden if he wins...welcome President Harris.

Take it to the bank, if Biden wins he will never complete a term.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I don't even believe Ben shapiro is going to vote for Trump.
    The only issue Ben cares is Israel & more wars.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    It seems people are not voting for Trump as much as they are voting against the dangerous lunacy of the DNC and Harris, that 25th thing the DNC is working on, isn't for Trump, it's for Biden if he wins...welcome President Harris.

Take it to the bank, if Biden wins he will never complete a term.
    Biden doesn't plan on finishing a term. He plans to step down and have Kamala be president instead.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    I still don't understand why he wouldn't fire Dr. Fauci. I think the 2 parties are both evil but this time the dems seems to be a special sort of evil. I will be voting third party this time around. Jo is getting my vote
    He can’t be fired because he is a federal employee. Donald Trump would have to get his supervisor to do it and even if he did Anthony Fauci would appeal the firing not to the courts but to a government board.

https://www.govexec.com/feature/firing-line/

Exactly the same with me. Voted for Ron in 2008, 2012, and 2016. This year it's Trump.
    War is in fact the true nurse of executive aggrandizement. - James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    I'm an avowed anti-statist. I understand what you're trying to convey, here.

Am I unaware of some vast movement to de-legitimize the State, presently? I'm sure that there is not one. If there were, I would 100% be behind it.

I think it was Tom Woods who once made the following analogy: if slaves had the right to vote to choose between an abusive overseer and a less abusive overseer, wouldn't it be foolish to not vote for the less abusive overseer, even though one KNOWS he's a slave and that the entire institution is immoral?

Here's Rothbard on the topic:

Some libertarians have recommended anti-voting activities during the 1972 election. Do you agree with this tactic? ROTHBARD: I’m interested to talk about that. This is the classical anarchist position, there is no doubt about that. The classical anarchist position is that nobody should vote, because if you vote you are participating in a state apparatus. Or if you do vote you should write in your own name, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with this tactic in the sense that if there really were a nationwide movement – if five million people, let’s say, pledged not to vote. I think it would be very useful. On the other hand, I don’t think voting is a real problem. I don’t think it’s immoral to vote, in contrast to the anti-voting people. Lysander Spooner, the patron saint of individualist anarchism, had a very effective attack on this idea. The thing is, if you really believe that by voting you are giving your sanction to the state, then you see you are really adopting the democratic theorist’s position. You would be adopting the position of the democratic enemy, so to speak, who says that the state is really voluntary because the masses are supporting it by participating in elections. In other words, you’re really the other side of the coin of supporting the policy of democracy – that the public is really behind it and that it is all voluntary. And so the anti-voting people are really saying the same thing. I don’t think this is true, because as Spooner said, people are being placed in a coercive position. They are surrounded by a coercive system; they are surrounded by the state. The state, however, allows you a limited choice – there’s no question about the fact that the choice is limited. Since you are in this coercive situation, there is no reason why you shouldn’t try to make use of it if you think it will make a difference to your liberty or possessions. So by voting you can’t say that this is a moral choice, a fully voluntary choice, on the part of the public. It’s not a fully voluntary situation. It’s a situation where you are surrounded by the whole state which you can’t vote out of existence. For example, we can’t vote the Presidency out of existence – unfortunately, it would be great if we could – but since we can’t why not make use of the vote if there is a difference at all between the two people. And it is almost inevitable that there will be a difference, incidentally, because just praxeologically or in a natural law sense, every two persons or every two groups of people will be slightly different, at least. So in that case why not make use of it. I don’t see that it’s immoral to participate in the election provided that you go into it with your eyes open – provided that you don’t think that either Nixon or Muskie is the greatest libertarian since Richard Cobden! – which many people, of course, talk themselves into before they go out and vote, The second part of my answer is that I don’t think that voting is really the question. I really don’t care about whether people vote or not. To me the important thing is, who do you support. Who do you hope will win the election? You can be a non-voter and say “I don’t want to sanction the state” and not vote, but on election night who do you hope the rest of the voters, the rest of the suckers out there who are voting, who do you hope they’ll elect. And it’s important, because I think that there is a difference. The Presidency, unfortunately, is of extreme importance. It will be running or directing our lives greatly for four years. So, I see no reason why we shouldn’t endorse, or support, or attack one candidate more than the other candidate. I really don’t agree at all with the non-voting position in that sense, because the non-voter is not only saying we shouldn’t vote: he is also saying that we shouldn’t endorse anybody. Will Robert LeFevre, one of the spokesmen of the non-voting approach, will he deep in his heart on election night have any kind of preference at all as the votes come in. Will he cheer slightly or groan more as whoever wins? I don’t see how anybody could fail to have a preference, because it will affect all of us.
    I say that there is a very clear and troubling difference between the 2 candidates this election, otherwise I would absolutely not participate in the farce, or I would vote for the Libertarian, or I would again write in Ron. But, given the ascendancy of the post-modernists (i.e., neo-Marxists) within the "Left" and the Democrat party, and the condition of our society at this time, I do believe that not only is there a clear difference, but that we may well be facing the culmination of a generations-long struggle against Western Civilization.
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 10-23-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Wrote in Ron Paul in 2016. As I did in 2012 and 2008.

I will be voting Trump this time.
    I wrote in Ron Paul in 2012. Voted for Trump 2016, will vote Trump 2020.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Just got back. The wife and I voted Trump. So far today I have 2 daughters and their husbands,1 grandson and his wife, 2 granddaughters and their husbands all Trump votes.
    We didn't wear masks and no problems.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Didnt vote for Trump in 2016. Will either write in Ron or am considering JoJo in the interest of seeing Libertarian Party get more access in future cycles. Would vote for Trump if NJ was going to be in play.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    He can’t be fired because he is a federal employee. Donald Trump would have to get his supervisor to do it and even if he did Anthony Fauci would appeal the firing not to the courts but to a government board.

https://www.govexec.com/feature/firing-line/
    That may change:

Executive Order on Creating Schedule F In The Excepted Service

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    I don't even believe Ben shapiro is going to vote for Trump.
    The only issue Ben cares is Israel & more wars.
    Trump has been coming through for Israel. How many Israel/Arab peace deals have been announced in the past 6 months? Ben was against the Iran peace deal and Trump destroyed it. Ben also liked Sulieamani being killed. Only the criminally insane wanted war with Syria/Russia. (Hillary Clinton is and John McCain was criminally insane).

As much as I would like to see Rand 24', historically the pendulum will swing the executive back to opposing party. I think dems win 2024 unless Trump Jr. runs to continue Trumpism (assuming Trump wins 2020 with at least one or two of the northern rust belt swing states, preferably the ones he already won). If Trump wins the northern rust belts again, he party will be begging Trump Jr. to run on the same platform.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast