Thread: The Coronavirus War On Children

The Coronavirus War On Children

October 21, 2020

NPR is reporting on several new studies concluding that schools are not nearly as dangerous for either students or teachers regarding coronavirus and also that the death rate from the virus is plunging. This is NPR - the mainstream media. So why does the war on children continue? Also in today's program: "excess deaths" - who are they? A return to lockdown in the US. And more Republican saber rattling toward China.

http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

"excess deaths" - who are they?
    An excellent question! (go to 21:35 in The Liberty Report)

This question arises from MSM reports of 300,000 more total deaths this year than last, which came from a CDC report. First of all, verifying the number of 300,000 (estimate is 299,028) is almost impossible. I tried. Good luck finding those stats. I located a potential CDC page on my own, which is the same webpage cited by the CDC report. It is here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/deaths.htm. Good luck finding total death counts from 2019 and 2020. The CDC did not provide valid specific sources for it's own report.

We already know that there are so many questions regarding motivations and criteria for counting a death as a COVID death that attributing the actual cause of death is futile. We don't know, and CDC COVID stats are useless, IMHO.

But let's assume that the 300,000 more total deaths is accurate. What could be the causes? Let's brainstorm some potential causes.

The following line from the CDC report should be kept in mind:

relative to past years, adults aged 25–44 years have experienced the largest average percentage increase in the number of deaths from all causes
    Probably not COVID related in that age range (although they would have no problem attributing many of them to COVID).

So what could be potential causes?

- Drug and alcohol increases. It's pretty well established that drug and alcohol consumption has dramatically increased because of shutdowns. Not only would this create additional overdoses and accidents, it will also cause or make worse other health ailments.

- Prison and jail releases due to COVID. We know that there have been massive early releases of prisoners, many of them violent and dangerous. There have been infamous cases of murders just days after release. How many additional murders do we have this year?

- Depression and suicide. We also know that COVID shutdowns have caused an increase of suicides.

- Job losses. Idle hands are the devil's playground. Unfortunately, when people are not busy (and possible desperate), they may turn to less healthy activities, including all of the above potential causes.

Any other potential causes of more deaths this year?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    An excellent question! (go to 21:35 in The Liberty Report)

This question arises from MSM reports of 300,000 more total deaths this year than last, which came from a CDC report. First of all, verifying the number of 300,000 (estimate is 299,028) is almost impossible. I tried. Good luck finding those stats. I located a potential CDC page on my own, which is the same webpage cited by the CDC report. It is here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/deaths.htm. Good luck finding total death counts from 2019 and 2020. The CDC did not provide valid specific sources for it's own report.

We already know that there are so many questions regarding motivations and criteria for counting a death as a COVID death that attributing the actual cause of death is futile. We don't know, and CDC COVID stats are useless, IMHO.

But let's assume that the 300,000 more total deaths is accurate. What could be the causes? Let's brainstorm some potential causes.

The following line from the CDC report should be kept in mind:

Probably not COVID related in that age range (although they would have no problem attributing many of them to COVID).

So what could be potential causes?

- Drug and alcohol increases. It's pretty well established that drug and alcohol consumption has dramatically increased because of shutdowns. Not only would this create additional overdoses and accidents, it will also cause or make worse other health ailments.

- Prison and jail releases due to COVID. We know that there have been massive early releases of prisoners, many of them violent and dangerous. There have been infamous cases of murders just days after release. How many additional murders do we have this year?

- Depression and suicide. We also know that COVID shutdowns have caused an increase of suicides.

- Job losses. Idle hands are the devil's playground. Unfortunately, when people are not busy (and possible desperate), they may turn to less healthy activities, including all of the above potential causes.

One of the guys Mr A plays golf with every Thursday said the only truly serious corona cases he's seen at the hospital (he's a doctor) were the elderly and/or morbidly obese - he noted these folks had underlying conditions such as diabetes and/or heart disease. Anecdotal, but he's a good man and I believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You’re missing one of the most important new causes of death… “not-urgent” medical treatments have been postponed (which means cancelled in the case of death)…
    This has kept hospitals empty (bailed out with newly printed money) and some of these treatments would have prevented deaths.

At least 25,000 more people have died at home during the pandemic in England and Wales because they were refused hospital treatment, a surge of 43.8%.

I have my “doubts” about cancer treatment, but here are some examples (from the UK).
    Treatment for strokes fell by 45%, causing over 2,000 excess deaths from heart disease;
    More than 50,000 operations for children were cancelled;
    Organ transplants fell by 67%, with the number of those dying on the transplant waiting list almost doubling;
    Delays in cancer treatment could cause a 20% rise in cancer deaths in England – 6,270 excess deaths in 2020.

Besides that calls to child abuse helplines skyrocketed.
    Rates of depression and anxiety doubled and thousands of recovering alcoholics have relapsed: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...laid-bare.html
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    You’re missing one of the most important new causes of death… “not-urgent” medical treatments have been postponed (which means cancelled in the case of death)…
    This has kept hospitals empty (bailed out with newly printed money) and some of these treatments would have prevented deaths.

At least 25,000 more people have died at home during the pandemic in England and Wales because they were refused hospital treatment, a surge of 43.8%.

I have my “doubts” about cancer treatment, but here are some examples (from the UK).
    Treatment for strokes fell by 45%, causing over 2,000 excess deaths from heart disease;
    More than 50,000 operations for children were cancelled;
    Organ transplants fell by 67%, with the number of those dying on the transplant waiting list almost doubling;
    Delays in cancer treatment could cause a 20% rise in cancer deaths in England – 6,270 excess deaths in 2020.
    Thanks. I knew I would miss an obvious one.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.