Thread: 1 Million New Yorkers can't afford food?

1 Million New Yorkers can't afford food?

If true why isn't this news? Looks like a recipe for rebellion.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/pandemic...cs-food-crisis

An estimated 1.5 million New Yorkers cannot afford food, according to the New York Times. Their only lifeline is a food pantry.

"I'm on a limited income. I visit every two to three weeks," said Denise Allen, a mother of one.

Rapaport said there is so much need. So much so that for the last three days, Rapaport, his staff, and volunteers have been operating around the clock. All three locations are now open 24/7, feeding 1,500 families a day, but it is still not enough, he said.

Instead of making people stand on a long line for hours, Masbia has transitioned into what Rapaport called digital lines. You now have to make an appointment to pick up your box of food.

"We are spreading that out so it doesn't create chaos on the block and people aren't embarrassed for standing on long lines," he said.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this a result of hyperinflation in NY that the news media is not talking about? The cost of basic groceries here in NY is insane. The low cost $1 meals and items have vanished earlier this year. All basics have skyrocketed. Going to the grocery store for basic needs result in a significant financial investment. The grocery stores are loaded with food that are basically luxury purchases. Even fast food like McDonalds forget about it. The so called dollar menu has items close to $3 now.

But we have the fed saying that prices are not high enough and has decided to adjust policy to increase inflation. The monopolies that supply our food here are squeezing this $#@! out of us. Between Covid, costs of basics like shelter and food as a result of fed policy are risking rebellion against the elites or at the very least supporting Biden out of complete ignorance (considering his policies would exasperate the problem).
    Last edited by kahless; 10-21-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Cities.....

Meh.

Everything is great until one day it isn't. Hard to exist when you are dependent on everyone else. I would never live in a big city.

New York is such a $#@!ed up state of affairs that I'm surprised anybody that lives there can afford anything.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Is this a result of hyperinflation in NY that the news media is not talking about? The cost of basic groceries here in NY is insane. The low cost $1 meals and items have vanished earlier this year. All basics have skyrocketed. Going to the grocery store for basic needs result in a significant financial investment. The grocery stores are loaded with food that are basically luxury purchases. Even fast food like McDonalds forget about it. The so called dollar menu has items close to $3 now.

But we have the fed saying that prices are not high enough and has decided to adjust policy to increase inflation. The monopolies that supply our food here are squeezing this $#@! out of us. Between Covid, costs of basics like shelter and food as a result of fed policy are risking rebellion against the elites or at the very least supporting Biden out of complete ignorance (considering his policies would exasperate the problem).
    Do you have Little Ceasars?

Here you can get a large extra most bestest pepperoni pizza for $6 and get about three $2 meals.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beenhere View Post
    Hard to exist when you are dependent on everyone else.
    On the flip side of things, being a politician must be easy when the only things your key voters demand are potatoes.

I don't believe all statistics thrown at me. I don't know how true this is.

Like when they say 1 in 6 kids goes hungry in the US. Seriously? I don't believe it. Most people if they see a starving kid will try to help in one form or another.

It seems to me that the poorer the kid, the fatter they are.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you have Little Ceasars?

Here you can get a large extra most bestest pepperoni pizza for $6 and get about three $2 meals.
    They're still $5.00 in the Ozarks....

We prefer homemade.