Thread: Is wokeness all arbitrary?

Is wokeness all arbitrary?

Seems like they pick and choose what is right, or acceptable, and what is wrong. Been thinking about this. We have people who identify as another gender, but identifying as another race is not okay (cultural appropriation)? Or how about believe all women? Would it be alright to say believe all men for the male rape victims? I guess all live matter would be racist even though it is all inclusive? If I have a sexual "preference" for females that would be offensive because I was born liking women? If a woman transitions into a man would she be part of the patriarchy? If someone uses fascist tactics and call it antifa, that cancels out and its okay? If a Caucasian is born with downs syndrome is he still privileged?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Need to keep adding to this list.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

If I'm a man and I sit down when I pee, is that gender appropriation?

Quote Originally Posted by ResponsibleIdiot View Post
    If I'm a man and I sit down when I pee, is that gender appropriation?
    Depends on if you would have lifted the seat to pee if you didn't sit down.

Nobody likes a wet seat.

If a Caucasian is born with downs syndrome is he still privileged?
    I don't know, but how else did Brian Stelter get where he is today?

If a man identifies as a woman and uses the men's bathroom, is it a crime?

KINDA
    like a festivus for the rest of us MOB...
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Should a business install urinals in the women's bathroom to support trans rights?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If a man who identifies as a woman, and a woman who identifies as a man, become a couple......are they heterosexual?

Depending on the flavor of Kool Aid..
    actually I consider it a psychosis.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

If a woman sexually assaults another woman, who should be believed?

'Wokeness' is a combination of being unprincipled and anti-white male.
    Last edited by dannno; 10-20-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The hot one?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

YES
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Go to Titania McGrath's twitter feed. She's been compiling the lunacy of the woke for a few years now.

https://twitter.com/TitaniaMcGrath

If you only have sex with people you find attractive, you might want to ask yourself why you’re such a superficial bigot.
    Cancel culture is a myth invented by fascists. If you see anyone disagreeing with this statement, please send me their name, twitter handle, address and employment details. I’ll do the rest.
    Gal Gadot playing Cleopatra is NOT OKAY. It’s almost as offensive as when Russell Crowe took that role as a Roman soldier even though he was born in New Zealand and has *never* sought vengeance for the murder of his family through the means of gladiatorial combat.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The hot one?
    Hotness is a social construct. Im offended. We ugly people have been oppressed by you hotties for too long.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My scale only goes to 300lbs. Doesn't that qualify as fat shaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    There's the best answer. (And thanks for all the content in that thread.)

To understand the logic of wokeness, you need emotional intelligence. Whether something is good or bad, depends upon how you feel. How you feel about yourself. How you feel at the moment. How you feel about the subject or person at hand. How you feel about other completely unrelated subjects or people.

Don't get hung up on specifics. Don't rely on what has happened in the past as to whether something is good or bad (unless it triggers past emotions). Something that was bad yesterday can be good today and bad again tomorrow.

It's all about the scenario.

For example: It's the end of the day on Friday, your boss says "have a good weekend".

Scenario 1: Your boss is male, you are female.

Emotional context 1: You love your boss. He's the best. You respond with "and you have one too!" Conclusion: He is a supportive and woke boss.

Emotional context 2: Your boss is hot, and only 10 years older than you. His wife is a bitch! He knows you don't have anything to do this weekend. You respond with "and you can have one too!", while winking and grinning. Conclusion: Jury is out. He better get the hint.

Emotional context 3: Your boss is old and creepy. He didn't give you a raise, and he keeps siding with your enemy at work. You believe that he meant something by saying that. Conclusion: Sexual harassment.

Emotional context 4: You caught your boyfriend cheating with the pool boy. You can't really release all hell on him because you might be perceived as a homophobe. Your boss gave someone else a promotion recently. Your boss is white, you are a mixed WOC. Conclusion: He's a racist and it's evidence of systemic racism.

The scenarios and roles can go on forever, but I'm tired of typing...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It was my assertion that a singularity would appear and the Universe would implode when two lesbians both accused each other of rape for the same sexual encounter.
    ...Or at very least a Star-Trekkian computer meltdown scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There's the best answer. (And thanks for all the content in that thread.)

To understand the logic of wokeness, you need emotional intelligence. Whether something is good or bad, depends upon how you feel. How you feel about yourself. How you feel at the moment. How you feel about the subject or person at hand. How you feel about other completely unrelated subjects or people.

Don't get hung up on specifics. Don't rely on what has happened in the past as to whether something is good or bad (unless it triggers past emotions). Something that was bad yesterday can be good today and bad again tomorrow.

It's all about the scenario.

For example: It's the end of the day on Friday, your boss says "have a good weekend".

Scenario 1: Your boss is male, you are female.

Emotional context 1: You love your boss. He's the best. You respond with "and you have one too!" Conclusion: He is a supportive and woke boss.

Emotional context 2: Your boss is hot, and only 10 years older than you. His wife is a bitch! He knows you don't have anything to do this weekend. You respond with "and you can have one too!", while winking and grinning. Conclusion: Jury is out. He better get the hint.

Emotional context 3: Your boss is old and creepy. He didn't give you a raise, and he keeps siding with your enemy at work. You believe that he meant something by saying that. Conclusion: Sexual harassment.

Emotional context 4: You caught your boyfriend cheating with the pool boy. You can't really release all hell on him because you might be perceived as a homophobe. Your boss gave someone else a promotion recently. Your boss is white, you are a mixed WOC. Conclusion: He's a racist and it's evidence of systemic racism.

The scenarios and roles can go on forever, but I'm tired of typing...
    All of which can be encompassed in a simple, two-word phrase favored by the "woke" - and that phrase is "lived experience."

"Lived experience" is the distilled essence of "woke" arbitrariness.

In fact, I'm going to make this the subject of my next post in the Critical Theory thread.

And here it is: The Poverty of "Lived Experiences"

A sample:
    At first glance, it might appear that the term “Lived Experiences” is merely a somewhat belabored way of referring to events that one has personally experienced: i.e, while I was walking down the street, someone bumped into my shoulder without stopping to apologize. Under this innocent conception of the term, “Lived Experiences” are synonymous with “events,” “experiences,” and “occurrences.” A “Lived Experience,” under this view, is merely a report of what happened. This is not what Woke Folk are talking about when they refer to “Lived Experiences.”

A “Lived Experience” is an event that has been interpreted by Woke Folk as manifesting oppression: i.e, while I was walking down the street, someone bumped into my shoulder without stopping to apologize because they were racist. This is the difference between an experience and a “Lived Experience;” the former is an empirical claim that relays an event that is independently verifiable and is thus subject to scrutiny under public reason. The latter is a phenomenological claim which colors an event with intentionality, or its “aboutness relation;” and crucially, that relation is not subject to independent scrutiny. The empiricist reports on an event that occurred at some point in time and space; the phenomenologist relays the meaning of that event as interpreted by the phenomenologist.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-20-2020 at 03:15 PM.

All of which can be encompassed in a simple, two-word phrase favored by the "woke" - and that phrase is "lived experience."

In fact, I'm going to make this the subject of my next post in the Critical Theory thread.

And here it is: The Poverty of "Lived Experiences"

A sample:
    I brushed my teeth this morning, and they went from coffee stained to white. My toothpaste is racist.

AKA "Your truth".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

All truth agrees but there are too many different lies possible for them all to agree, that means that liars inevitably must choose their lies arbitrarily.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

If a coal miner gets black soot all over his face, is he a racist?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Samuel L Jackson guilty of cultural appropriation?

By definition it is by whim rather than reason . So , yes.

If more than 2 genders, why the B in LGBTQnotsureifmoreletters
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

the b is for billion