Thread: Ice Cube attacked advising Trump because Platinum Plan not "pro women/trans/gay"

Ice Cube attacked advising Trump because Platinum Plan not "pro women/trans/gay"

hxxps://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/10/15/ice-cube-and-trump-black-women-slam-rapper-working-president/3668001001/

Many fans expressed dismay at the rapper's willingness to engage with the president – in 2016 Ice Cube tweeted he would never "endorse" Trump and he released a 2018 track called "Arrest the President" – while progressive Black women leaders lamented that his 22-page plan lacked any specific recommendations for Black women, Black ***** people or Black transwomen.

"We grew up on Ice Cube, on his message against white supremacy, so it feels like a slap in the face because this is a president who has made it very clear that he's anti-Black, anti-women and anti-trans folks," said Karen Flynn, an associate professor in the departments of gender and women's studies and African American studies at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. "Historically, Black women have consistently supported Black men, particularly heterosexual Black men, and we haven't been given the same respect back."

Analysis:Rhetoric some call racist has marked Trump's entire presidency

Since announcing his presidential campaign in 2015, Trump has repeatedly made disparaging comments about people of color, including calling Black Lives Matter protesters "terrorists" and "thugs." He has defended white supremacists and recently restricted the federal government from conducting diversity training, despite research showing it fosters workplace equality and helps address race and gender disparities. He has also denied systemic racism exists in America's law enforcement departments.

Brittney Cooper, author of "Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower," posted on Twitter Thursday: "Black men are breaking my heart with this caping for Cube-cum-Trump."

Black women absent from Ice Cube's plan
    Black women have a long history, experts say, of fighting for justice without recognition.

On Twitter, #OscarsSoWhite creator April Reign wondered why Ice Cube appeared to have completely cut women out of this plan.

Get the Coronavirus Watch newsletter in your inbox.
    Stay safe and informed with updates on the spread of the coronavirus

Delivery: Varies
    Your Email
    "At some point we should discuss the entitlement Ice Cube exhibits to assume that he can create a 'contract' and immediately get the ear of presidential campaigns, having never really been political before.... When there are Black Women who have been doing this work for years," she tweeted.

History shows it was Black suffragists who worked toward the passage of the 19th Amendment, even though it would be decades before they could exercise that right themselves. The civil rights movement could not have happened without Black women, though it's the legacy of male civil rights leaders that dominate history books.

It was the courage of Black female activists in confronting multiple forms of oppression that influenced other protest movements, including second-wave feminism, the fight for gay rights and the protests against the Vietnam War. Three black women, two of whom identify as *****, created the Black Lives Matter social justice movement.

Why, many Black women wondered, were they absent from Ice Cube's plan?

"Black women are the moral compass of this nation," Flynn said. "We are the ones who tend to hold people, politicians, everyone accountable."

A memorial to Breonna Taylor is seen here during a Black Lives Matter protest on August. 2, 2020 in Portland, Ore.
    A 'hierarchy' of racism

Flynn said a societal misperception is that Black men are more oppressed than Black women when statistics on earning power and limited workplace mobility show otherwise.

Black women are also overlooked when it comes to police violence. Social justice activists have recently pointed to the deaths of Breonna Taylor and Sandra Bland to make this point.

Taylor, a 26-year-old trained E.M.T., was fatally shot by police in her Louisville, Kentucky, home in March, but widespread protests against racial injustice did not erupt until the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old Black man who was killed by Minneapolis police in May.

A grand jury did not charge any of the officers involved directly in Taylor's death, while Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing Floyd, was charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter.

In 2015, Bland, a 28-year-old Black woman, was found dead in a Texas jailhouse three days after a confrontational traffic stop by a white state trooper. A grand jury opted against criminal charges in connection with Bland’s death.

Of 33 transgender or gender non-conforming people who were fatally shot or killed in 2020, the majority were Black and Latinx transgender women, according to the Human Rights Campaign.

After Pierson's announcement, police reform activist Brittany Packnett Cunningham tweeted about Ice Cube: "From NWA to MAGA(?). 2020 got some wild subplots."

Others said they weren't surprised given previous accusations of misogyny against the rapper.

Attorney and television host Adrienne Lawrence tweeted, "The fact that Cube would align with Trump is as shocking as Lindsey Graham calling segregation the 'good ole days.'"

Ice Cube and the masculinity trap
    Ice Cube's willingness to engage with Trump, Flynn said, may reflect that even for Black men, Trump's specific brand of masculinity can be attractive.

"What Trump has been able to do is embody this sort of culturally valued form of masculinity that is authoritative," CJ Pascoe, a gender studies professor at the University of Oregon, said after the presidential debate in September. "There are people who listen to him and find that sort of masculine charisma intoxicating regardless of the content that follows."

During the debate, Trump failed to condemn white supremacy and told the far-right group Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by." How To Be An Antiracist author Ibram X. Kendi called the debate "triggering."

It's worthwhile, Flynn said, to ask what may be driving Ice Cube, who gained fame in part for rapping about police violence against Black men, to work with Trump.

"He's been talking about the 'Black Contract' without thinking about his ego," Flynn said. "Does he want to be close to power? What's his motivation? Because I don't always believe it's about love for Black folk."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Drinking beer and listening to ' Lethal Injection' over here in East Tennessee to ight. Most white folks would probably get butt hurt by the lyrics, but I think it's fun.

The diss track is gonna be EPIC!

30 years ago, I was a dumbass too.

"Black women are the moral compass of this nation,"

these people are insane

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Drinking beer and listening to ' Lethal Injection' over here in East Tennessee to ight. Most white folks would probably get butt hurt by the lyrics, but I think it's fun.

The diss track is gonna be EPIC!
    mthrfk u and yo punk azz ghetto bird!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

What happened to free speech in America? whats happening in America is crazy.

The icecube that I used to know would've told to left to to F themselves already.

hes trying to tow the middle line between two sides. He still wants to be loved by hollywood.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Heard the song before, but never the video. Thanks for that. The funny thing is I like black culture because it's pure entertainment for me, but the fact that people take it seriously is kinda sad. The caricature became the stereotype became reality. How did we get here?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    "Black women are the moral compass of this nation,"
    [video]
    I agree...allow me to add the deep thoughts and moral guidance from this charming young colored lesbian performer:

Young MA

Yo, bro, I think I had too much Hennessy, man
    This Hennessy gettin' to me
    I ain't gonna lie, I'm a little smizz
    I'm a little drizz
    But we in the club, man
    OOOUUU

[Verse]
    Yeah they hate but they broke though (But they broke though)
    And when it's time to pop they a no-show (Where they at?)
    Yeah, I'm pretty but I'm loco (Yeah, I'm loco)
    The loud got me movin' slow-mo
    Ayo, Tweetie, where the hoes, bro? (Where the hoes, bro?)
    Ayo, Keys, where the hoes though? (Yo, where the hoes though?)
    That other nigga, he a bozo (He a bozo)
    It's M.A, you don't know ho? (You don't know ho?)
    We got liquor by the boatload (That Henny)
    Disrespect the Lyfe, that's a no-no (That's a no-no)
    All my niggas dressed in that rojo (Redlyfe)
    I ride for my guys, that's the bro code (That's the bro code)
    Baby gave me head, that's a low blow (That's a low blow)
    Damn, she make me weak when she deep throat (When she deep throat)
    I need a rich bitch, not a cheap ho (Not a cheap ho)
    They be on that hate $#@!, I peep though (Yeah, I peep though)
    My brother told me, "$#@! 'em, get that money sis!" (Yo, $#@! 'em)
    You just keep on grindin' on your hungry $#@! (Uh-huh)
    Ignore the hate, ignore the fake, ignore the funny $#@! (Ignore the funny $#@!)
    'Cause if a nigga violate we got a hunnit clips (Grrrrrrrah)
    And we go zero to a hundred quick (Oooh)
    We just them niggas you ain't $#@!in' with (Oh, no)
    Pockets on a chubby chick (Uh)
    And still go bag a thottie in some bummy $#@! (ooouuu)
    Yerr, Eli, why they testin' me? (Yo, why they, uh)
    Like I don't always keep the hammer next to me (Like I don't keep that hammer)
    Like I ain't got a hitter to the left of me (Like I ain't got a hitter)
    Like we ain't in these streets more than Sesame (Ooh)
    If that's your chick then why she textin' me? (Yo, why she textin')
    Why she keep callin' my phone speakin' sexually? (Speakin' ooh)
    Every time I'm out, why she stressin' me? (Yo, why she stressin')
    You call her Stephanie? (You call her huh?) I call her Headphanie (Ooouuu)
    I don't open doors for a whore (No no no)
    I just want the neck, nothin' more (No nothing more)
    Shawty, make it clap, make it applaud (Yea, make it clap)
    When you tired of your man, give me a call (give me a call)
    Dyke bitches talkin' out they jaw (yo, what you say?)
    Next minute, callin' for the law (ooh-ooh)
    This 9 will have 'em callin' for the Lord (grrrrrrrah)
    They ain't gettin' shmoney so they bored (man, they bored)
    I could never lose, what you thought? (man, what you thought?)
    M.A got it on lock, man, of course (man, of course)
    They say I got the juice, I got the sauce (I got the sauce)
    These haters on my body, shake 'em off (I shake 'em off)
    Pussy, I'm a bully and a boss (man, I'm a boss)
    I'm killin' 'em, sorry for your loss (R.I.P.)
    I just caught a body, Randy Moss (Ra- ooh!)
    Now this year I'm really goin' off (I'm goin' off)

[Outro]
    OOOUUU, OOOUUU
    These haters on my body, shake 'em off
    OOOUUU, OOOUUU
    Ah, these haters on my body, shake 'em off
    OOOUUU, OOOUUU
    These haters on my body, shake 'em off
    I could never lose, what you thought?
    What they thought?
    This Henny got me, it got me sauced
    This Henny got me, ooh, it got me sauced
    M.A got it on lock, man, of course
    OOOUUU, OOO-UUU
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

after 4 years, Trump finally learned how to pander to blacks.

too bad that's all buried by his taxes and COVID diagnosis.

I wouldn't piss on any of 'em if they were on fire in front of me and I'd been drinkin' beer all night.

Straight Black Males have not at all benefited from their association with and loyalty to the Democrat party over the last 50-60 years.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 put black males behind white females in the competition for jobs. And gays and trans used that Civil Rights Act to push ahead of the line. Black men went to jail, women took jobs that black men should have gotten, gays and trans are no longer considered mentally ill. Black men should be pissed and shouldn't be allied with the freak show groups that are getting the benefits that black men should have been getting since 1964.