Thread: Dueling Townhalls Post Mortem: Snarling Savannah Vs Gentle George

Dueling Townhalls Post Mortem: Snarling Savannah Vs Gentle George

Anyone that doesn't now understand how much the Fourth Estate has become weaponized just hasn't been paying attention. The contrast of the two "Town Hall" were as different as night and day.

The contrast could not have been greater – “under great pressure” from the great-and-good of liberal media to ‘resist’, NBC’s Savannah Guthrie came out swinging in the so-called “Townhall” with President Trump, interrupting, interjecting, and intervening his responses with the first actual ‘American voter’ question relegated to 20 minutes into the ‘discussion’; whereas George Stephanopolous gave Joe Biden as long as he wanted to answer questions, leaving lies unchallenged and controversies unaddressed.
    https://ussanews.com/News1/2020/10/1...gentle-george/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Anyone that doesn't now understand how much the Fourth Estate has become weaponized just hasn't been paying attention. The contrast of the two "Town Hall" were as different as night and day.

Pretty good analysis.

I saw some of the “Trump Townhall”. He loves publicity and the spotlight, but it’s hard to see any value in subjecting oneself to nothing but a barrage of attacks by an enemy who is not even the opposing candidate. No win situation.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I saw some of the “Trump Townhall”. He loves publicity and the spotlight, but it’s hard to see any value in subjecting oneself to nothing but a barrage of attacks by an enemy who is not even the opposing candidate. No win situation.
    Agreed. The fans of Guthrie think she is a goddess. Being on defense for an hour scores no points. It takes a critical thinker to see past the bull$#@!. With a bias media there are few options for Trump. I can only hope people are more sane and rational than we are led to believe. Media projects that they speak for the people. I am hoping that Trump has a blowout at the polls and sends a real message to all of America.
    Last edited by DiverseSegregation; 10-16-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Both town halls were $#@! shows, IMO. From what I saw, Trump was constantly being asked to denounce $#@! and Biden was allowed to ramble incoherently.

“I don’t get that. You’re the president, you’re not like some crazy uncle who can retweet whatever,” Guthrie responded.

If I were Trump, I would've trolled her when she said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Bidens town hall was always going to be a cake walk for him while Trump would have a difficult time with his.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by DiverseSegregation View Post
    Agreed. The fans of Guthrie think she is a goddess. Being on defense for an hour scores no points. It takes a critical thinker to see past the bull$#@!. With a bias media there are few options for Trump. I can only hope people are more sane and rational than we are led to believe. Media projects that they speak for the people. I am hoping that Trump has a blowout at the polls and sends a real message to all of America.
    That Yelling that she pulled towards Trump was unprofessional. Does the media they think they are the heroes of a comic book or think world revolves around them?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Bidens town hall was always going to be a cake walk for him while Trump would have a difficult time with his.
    When considering majority of the questions were hand selected. The one about Biden agreeing that 8 and 10 year olds should be allowed to change their genders is sad and shows what the kind of mental state the democrats are in America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    That Yelling that she pulled towards Trump was unprofessional. Does the media they think they are the heroes of a comic book or think world revolves around them?
    When you're dealing with a chronic and habitual liar like Trump, you have to be tough or he'll spew B.S. all night long.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    When you're dealing with a chronic and habitual liar like Trump, you have to be tough or he'll spew B.S. all night long.
    Are you saying Biden is a saint? and not a habitual liar? i guess some of you Americans problary deserve Biden. And whats going to happen to Ameirca if he gets elected with his polices.

This wasn't supposed to be a debate. It was a "Town Hall." Questions asked, questions answered. That $#@! pretty much acted as Joe Bidens surrogate. And I noticed straight off her mike had more volume. Stephanopolis treated Joe Biden like he was a president instead of an ex-VICE president. He was challenged on NOTHING. Trump got NO respect. Guthrie treated him as if he were trash to be challenged. She was a stand in, that controlled the show, for Biden.
    The Fourth Estate influencing an election.

This wasn't supposed to be a debate. It was a "Town Hall." Questions asked, questions answered. That $#@! pretty much acted as Joe Bidens surrogate. And I noticed straight off her mike had more volume. Stephanopolis treated Joe Biden like he was a president instead of an ex-VICE president. He was challenged on NOTHING. Trump got NO respect. Guthrie treated him as if he were trash to be challenged. She was a stand in, that controlled the show, for Biden.
    The Fourth Estate influencing an election.
    Thats how i felt it was as well. If Trump wins again there will be a meltdown we shall see find out in Nov.

I think we caught another big government liberal on RPFs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	7770
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think we caught another big government liberal on RPFs.
    Like many folks of limited intelligence you equate my being critical of Trump with being a liberal or a fan of Biden. Neither is the case. Pointing out the patently obvious fact that Trump is a narcissistic liar who thinks he's the Saviour of America, who is being played like a cheap fiddle by Putin, and who (in the words of former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson*) is a $#@!ing moron, doesn't mean I agree with the Democrats, all too many of whom are pie-in-the-sky ignoramuses who have the economic acumen of an amoeba.

*One of the "best people" that Trump said he would hire for his administration. In fact, the huge turnover in administration personnel (including many who earned criminal convictions) simply demonstrates that all Trump wants is a bunch of yes men who will kiss his ass and massage his oversized ego, and that when you aren't obsequious enough, you're out.
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 10-17-2020 at 09:11 AM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

who is being played like a cheap fiddle by Putin,
    Putin has really wadded up a lot of panties in "the home of the brave".

Since leftists say that Trump is a super spreader because he got the coronavirus, I'm surprised they didn't say he needed to show up virtually to this town hall meeting.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This media hit cuts deep:

Biden's town hall beats Trump's in TV ratings

Joe Biden's town hall on ABC averaged 13.9 million viewers on Thursday night.
    Trump's gross audience across NBC, MSNBC and CNBC was 13 million. CNN's Brian Stelter breaks down the Nielsen ratings.
    Source: CNNBusiness

That was cold.

Unfortunately vast majority here has a very troubling view on credibility issue:

Poll: How much trust do you put in current President's promises and statements?

• Very high/absolute
      8.47%
    • High
      3.39%
    • Low
      10.17%

• Very low/none
      72.88%
    • Not sure/other
      35.08%