Thread: Trump's popularity slips in latest Military Times poll, more troops say they'll vote for Biden

Post Trump's popularity slips in latest Military Times poll, more troops say they'll vote for Biden

This if confirmed would be bit surprising, considering that Trump's record on Iraq war is mixed and Biden voted for it. More recently, Trump sent 14,000 more troops to mideast in 2019 amid increasing Iran tensions and US taxpayers funded troops were deployed in Israel also.

militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

Un-Related

Trump has deployed 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May 2019

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Military Times has gone leftist in the last few months they dont like what Trump has done in the middle east. Biden Will Keep the majority of troops in the middle east he will never withdraw any troops.

And the more they harp about Trump losing popularity, the more people are going to vote for him, trying to make up for what they are saying.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Why would anybody in the military vote for Biden? Are they not aware of his record when it comes to foreign policy?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Why would anybody in the military vote for Biden? Are they not aware of his record when it comes to foreign policy?
    Not certain but for some credibility issue could be a factor too.

RETD MARINE GENERAL JOHN KELLY UNLOADS ON TRUMP
    'DEPTHS OF DISHONESTY ASTOUNDING'

By Jake Tapper
    Fri October 16, 2020
    (CNN)

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned.

cnn.com/2020/10/16/politics/donald-trump-criticism-from-former-administration-officials/index.html

Hopefully this opinion is not fact based, some of the claimed data points are troubling if factual.

Appears to be liberal leaning source, so exercise caution pending confirmation of this data from other MSM sources:

Trump popularity with Military was already Cratering before Belleau-gate

Juan Cole 09/05/2020

Ann Arbor (Informed Comment) – Even before some whistleblowers among the generals went to the Atlantic magazine with their complaints that Trump disrespected US war dead, the president was in trouble with the military.
    I suspect that yesterday’s news will have caused Trump’s standing with the military to plummet further.
    A new opinion poll from the Military Times earlier this week reported that Trump’s favorability rating among US military personnel had fallen to only 38 percent. It had been 42 percent last year this time, and stood at 46 when he was first inaugurated. I made a little chart (read right to left) to show the shrinking blue approval and the ever heightening orange disapproval.

I don’t show it here, but the new poll actually found that 42 percent strongly disapprove of Trump, so the fifty percent disapproval is mostly hard disapproval.

Biden wins the military vote 41 to 37 if the election were held today, according to the projections in this poll.

Trump won the military vote 2 to 1 against Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Back in 1994, the execrable Sen. Jesse Helms of North Carolina warned President Bill Clinton that he “better watch out” for his safety if he were to visit one of the then six military bases in that state.

It is kind of cute that many Republicans a quarter a century ago were embarrassed by Helms’ outburst and were afraid this sort of talk would make them look like extremists. That was before the GOP became the bastard child of Frankenstein’s monster and Medusa.

I call Helms execrable for many reasons. One is that Camel brand cigarettes put advertisements at the back of Thai school notebooks, trying to hook K-12 students on cancer-causing tobacco. When the Thai government intervened to stop the ads, Helms threatened Bangkok with US sanctions.
    But I digress.

That Trump may be reversing the long-term trend toward a Republican military is heartening, and the revulsion in the officer corps is even greater than among enlisted men.

Some 59 percent of officers have a poor opinion of Trump, and 50 percent have a very, very, very poor opinion of him. That statistic tracks with his unfavorability rating among the general public.
    juancole.com/2020/09/popularity-military-cratering.html

More than 300 military family members endorse Biden

By Rebecca Kheel - 10/23/20

More than 300 military family members are endorsing Democratic nominee Joe Biden for president.
    In an open letter released Friday, the spouses, parents, siblings and children of service members endorsed Biden as a “man of integrity with a lifelong record of public service and leadership.”
    “Joe and Jill Biden are a military family,” the endorsers wrote. “They are intimately familiar with the fear, anxiety and pride that come with sending a loved one into harm's way. But they are more than a military family. They have been staunch advocates for service members, veterans, their families, caregivers, and survivors.”

President Trump’s actions, by contrast, have “convinced us that he does not value the lives of those who serve,” the letter said.
    Among the more high-profile signatories are Annie McChrystal, whose husband, retired Gen. Stanley McChrystal, endorsed Biden earlier this month; Joyce Raezer, former executive director of the National Military Family Association; former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D), who previously endorsed Biden, and his wife Dorothy McAuliffe; and Kathy Roth-Douquet, co-founder of Blue Star Families.
    Mary Winnefeld, wife of former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. James Winnefeld, and Rosemary Williams, former deputy assistant secretary of Defense for military community and family policy in the Obama administration, are also among the signatories.
    “There is no doubt in my mind or conflict in my heart that we are at a crossroads in history and that the current administration has not served the nation well in bringing us together as Americans,” said Julie Luckey, senior adviser to Military Families for Biden and wife of retired Lt. Gen. Charles Luckey, who served as chief of the Army Reserve until June and signed a previous letter endorsing Biden.
    “I support the rule of law,” she added in the statement. “I embrace both diversity and unity. I am committed to the common good. Electing Team Biden/Harris is the necessary first step toward saving the republic and healing the wounds that have festered in our divided country for far too long. We have work to do, but it starts here. It starts now.”

Also on the letter are Suzie Schwartz, wife of former Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norty Schwartz, and Mary Jo Myers, wife of former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Richard Myers, both of whom signed a previous letter endorsing Biden.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/5...-endorse-biden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.